FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Genders
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player-Created Polls » Genders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you be willing to play a character of the opposite sex?
Yes
49%
 49%  [ 39 ]
No
35%
 35%  [ 28 ]
Maybe so
15%
 15%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 79

Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject:

The only problem that sometimes arrises with guys RPing females is they do it horribly. It's like having a guy with breasts. ><
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject:

I think the opposite is equally true (sans the breasts part), but yes.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject:

I don't know if I'm very good at it, but I don't mind RPing females. The last character I had in DragonRealms was a female halfling, I think... that was pretty fun. And my first character in HR was female as well. It's a nice change of pace.
 Back to top »
ethrstorm
Riddle-De-Dum

Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject:

If you can character study or ie stalk some guy around you can rp a guy. PUt a bit of acting in it you can do it. I rped a Guy several times. I use my best friends' personalities as them. Heh I almost got married. I think i pulled it off ok, except the times i kept forgetting i wasn't a chick booze for all. But if you don't break character you too can be a wonderful actor versus being just elementary actor were you aren't one. So garage drama or proffessional. Basically if you got the balls <i know i have plenty big swinging ones> you too can play the opposite sex. I try not to do stereotypes like belching and farting and scratching one's 'balls' or you know gross and asinine traits most men are charachteristic. I try for the more romantic side, the more eloquant, and exotic side. Even though most of you <not all about 60%> are pigs and goofs. And well i throw in a bit of flirting mix in charachters i've read about and now you have a wonderful Guy coctail. Drink up there's plenty for everyone. I think it's a challenge and fun to play either one. MOre so a challenge to play something you're not well sex wise. But that's me. Razz Wink
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject:

If I posted an equivalent statement re: women in a well-read forum I'd have legions of NOW activists chasing me with chainsaws.

I do not scratch my balls. I do not belch or fart any more than any other human being, male or female. And I don't really characterize myself as a 'special' guy.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy

Last edited by HR-Trevor on Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
ethrstorm
Riddle-De-Dum

Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
If I posted an equivalent statement re: women in a well-read forum I'd have legions of NOW activist chasing me with chainsaws.
yeah i know that was really worded trying to speed by. no no please respond. Do respond. Smile
yojibalinese
Resident air head and all around cute genius

Post Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:57 am    Post subject:

In every other game, I have always played a male character despite being female. Why? I hate the way girls are treated....however, it's nice to be a girl too. You get more stuff if you flirt.

All in all, I'm glad I made my character here a girl. I really like her.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Most games I've played, girls practically get treated like a queen as long as they aren't bitchy. Really, and I don't mean that to sound bad either, if that's what guys want to do, more power to them. But if you're someone who doesn't like attention, I could see it as difficult.

Back to top »
yojibalinese
Resident air head and all around cute genius

Post Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Most games I've played, girls practically get treated like a queen as long as they aren't bitchy. Really, and I don't mean that to sound bad either, if that's what guys want to do, more power to them. But if you're someone who doesn't like attention, I could see it as difficult.

That's the whole problem. It's realistic. To be honest, the first day I spent here in HR, I was flirted with by a great deal of the little kiddies all of whom just wanted some cyber sex. When you play a guy, you don't have that. It's a double edged sword. I like having people buy lots of stuff for me...but I'm insulted by it too.

Oh well. I've been here for three days, and because of the quality of the roleplay here, I've not been overly uncomfortably playing a female character. In fact, I really rather like it here. I think I'll actually keep her as a girl!

XD And that's a first.
 Back to top »
winddancer
Hah! In your dreams, bub!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, the accepting gifts from guys part is a double-edged sword because some of the guys hang it over you (...no pun intended) forever....or until you make it clear that them buying you cheap clothes =/= obligated for more.

I buy stuff for newbies quite a few times and I NEVER expect anything from them, NOR do I bring up the fact that "Hey, hehe, I bought you those clothes remember?" almost every single time they talk to me until they want to punch me in the face.

As a girl it IS easier to get stuff, but since Belethe DOESN'T flirt (but instead am friendly and bubbly which some people (of both genders) seem to mistake friendliness = flirtiness.), I don't believe any of the things she's received entitles anyone to have a hold over her for more....except Mellie. Cos Mellie rocks and is cuddly and Nojn cos he's nice and did the smart thing by marrying Chev. *G*

Belethe has no current or near-future intentions of ever hooking up with anyone. So all her actions thus far are absolutely FRIENDLY oriented only!! Rawr!

Addendum: well, except for the times she's experimented with certain questionable verbs to see what they did. THOSE times...don't exist. Yeah, that's it. We'll just take the eraser here and .... *erase erase*

Bell's player.
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject:

Quote:
=/=

I thought that was a smiley for a minute.

Oh, and, people buy people gifts? And they want sex in return? In a game? That's just a little too weird for me.

Although, it does make me want to roll up another female character (I haven't played one in a while), just to see what you go through. That'd be cool.
 Back to top »
winddancer
Hah! In your dreams, bub!

Post Posted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject:

Not sex. Razz They don't ask me for sex.

Just that the way some people keep bringing up that they bought me stuff makes me wonder if they expect me to do something more in return for them.

Bell.
 Back to top »
maddie

Post Posted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject:

Well, I have nothing against playing a guy, though I really stink at it. I just can't make a convincing male personality without completely stealing it from a TV or movie or book character. On Neopets RP boards, for example, I occasionally play Draco Malfoy, and I have a male vampire character that extremely resembles Spike (from Buffy), and I have a human male who is extremely shy. Also, I play Xander Harris in the Buffy Rp guild I joined, but only cuz they needed someone, and my other fave characters were taken.
So unless I have something to go by, I can't play a guy. I guess I'm just too used to being a girl. Very Happy
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject:

Quote:
or until you make it clear that them buying you cheap clothes =/= obligated for more.

Hmm. What about expensive clothes? Wink

Back to top »
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject:

See I made my male character first, and then made my female character, so most of the people knew it was a male behind the controls anyway. I should experiment (when I get a standard account), and maybe make a couple female characters. Anyway, in D&D, my character was always female, yeah, my friends all thought it was weird, but they loved how I played when we actually got into the game.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player-Created Polls » Genders
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: