FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Magic/Psionic System Concept
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Magic and Psionics » Magic/Psionic System Concept
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cacophony

Post Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 2:53 pm    Post subject: Magic/Psionic System Concept

I'm fine with the current system, but I'm just going to throw out another possible way of doing it (or it may not be so possible with system resources, something I'm very ignorant on). Spells are cool, but instead of gaining spells, I wouldn't mind seeing, for example, obtaining the knowledge and ability to create and handle fire, and eventually, as the mage gains more skill, is able to manipulate the spell pattern of those simple fireballs he was doing into that nifty fire wheel. It would be a gradual process and would make mages seem more to be manipulators of the elements.

What I'm asking for may or may not be the exact same thing as the current system. That depends on how far the concept is taken. Though, ultimately, I think I'm really asking for a psionic ability to simply just mentally move objects into the psionic's hands. More skill, the more weight you can move (if encumberance is a factor in this game, then this should be viable, right?).

Yes, it's a utility ability and an ability I was disappointed that the Moon Mages never saw. I figured it would be something part and parcel to the telekinetic throw spell. But making it a separate spell is fine. Though I'd prefer it to be a sort of natural ability for psionics, and perhaps something that would coincide with the system I was talking about in the first paragraph: As the psionic gained more experience with Telekinetic Strike, he would eventually evolve from haplessly flinging random objects into more precise control of movement.

Thanks for reading.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the ideas, we'll give them consideration. Smile

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Magic and Psionics » Magic/Psionic System Concept
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: