Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Cryogenics
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » Cryogenics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PepsiKing

Post Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 1:11 am    Post subject: Cryogenics

I coulda put this here or the tech folder, but medics are more science people so, possible or no?

PepsiKing
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: Cryogenics

Depends on the field of science.  They have a good knowledge of medical science, herbology (ecology), poisons, and general research, but they aren't especially gifted with tech other than medical tools.  They can triple train in some of the travel related skills as well.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
HR-Phoenix

Post Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Just throwing around some ideas, don't read to much into it - but..

What about bio-harvesting, the idea of growing body parts or mutating them for future operating procedures interest anyone? Perhaps it'll pay well? Make body parts for medical research a money making adventure - think of it as tanning for the medical world perhaps.

::shows you a large glass testube filled with a bright green liquid. On closer inspection you realise it contains 2 blue colored eyes with tiny metallic stems::

Collect 2 eyes from X critter (or other)

Put 2 eyes in cryogenic liquid (large - small container, depending on body part with anti-decay liquid)

So throw in some nanobots to reconfig the dna sequence, change the structure - blue eyes, green eyes etc etc

Sometime later, little red light flashes on the container to tell you the process is complete.

Insert some bio stems - kinda like living wires - eyes just don't pop in, they need to attach to something.

Little later <hums>

Red lights back!

Process complete - we made some blue eyes (perhaps with a small bonus) but best of all someone can change they're eye color, or sell to a bio-research facility for oodles of cash!

Something like that??????

~Bodysnatcher Phoenix~
(Bioharvester supreme)
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 8:15 pm    Post subject:

That reminds me... what happens if we get our arm or leg blown/knocked/gnawed off in the heat of battle? Would that fall under this bio-harvester system you're trying to explain? If so, I'd assume we'd need some kind of NPC to sell such things for a reasonable price.. until our spiff Medics can reliably produce them ( ::More poking to Laura:: ).

Of course.. yanno.. I could just be a little off my rocker on that (reply with that quoted and a 'DUH' stapled beneath it.. and no implants for YOU).

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points

Last edited by Brokyn on Wed Oct 30, 2002 4:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:41 pm    Post subject:

So would the owner of those green eyes that you have floating in the vial of green stuff walk around like a G'nar Pethian until he gets them back as blue ones?

~Space-Tog, contemplating people asking for upgrades to...uhhh...certain body parts ::coughs::
Dragoonseal

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 12:37 am    Post subject:

Oodles = good.
HR-Phoenix

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 6:56 am    Post subject:

I'd love to send some bo-harvesters to dragonrealms and beam them right outside the bank - more I think about it the more I daydream, it would be the best event ever!

Also in an ideal game type world I'd like to do that, you lose a limb you have to live with it - or get it replaced... How would I approach the boss with something like that??

::hums::

Hey boss!!!!!!! can we have so and so, can we?? huh huh, oooooooo please!!!!!!!!!! I'll work double hours for a whole month! Can we, can we?? I'll write your reports too!
Nooo I know, I promise not to try and code anything and break major system? (usually wins for me)

(Little insight to how it works around here)

~Phoenix~

Oddly I can't get that idea out of my mind.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 7:30 am    Post subject:

That staying away from code argument is pretty effective... Wink

Back to top »
Sainji

Post Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Hmm I'm leaning more towards bioengineering, more like bioenhancement using their dna structure. Resistant to poisons, diseases, etc. Making stat enhancements via alchemy is something I would like to see as well. Steroids anyone? Twisted Evil

Regards,
HR-Jocelyn

Post Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Ok actual bioengineering probably wont occur, the cybornetic system pretty much covers this Smile

Also, Alchemy being stat raising, not sure how/if this will happen, Trevor do you know?

Steroids are an interesting prospect ::grins:: however there will probably be long term negative effects from drug usage. *inserts standard disclaimer here* nothings final yada yada, just planning Wink
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:18 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Ok actual bioengineering probably wont occur, the cybornetic system pretty much covers this

Aww, I was thinking magely types might go for bioengineered stuff... wouldn't be as potent as cyber, but wouldn't mess up your essence either... maybe later on?
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 3:59 am    Post subject:

<grin> The problem is that magic related bonuses are already pretty high, overall, leaving little room for expansion to a great degree.

Sainji: Can you clarify your question regarding Alchemy? How would it differ from standard potion making & so such?

Back to top »
Sainji

Post Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 3:31 pm    Post subject:

You would use a pint of the patient's blood to make the potion more potent/binding.

So say for instance my patient doesn't see in the dark very well, but want's a temporary solution other than cybernetics. They would go to their local pharmicist/physician and ask for a potion to be custom made for them. For poison resistance it might require many steps to bind the alchemy potion to their dna. (A similar process for tolerance that bodyguards in middleages used to use a small dose of poison every so often to build up their resistance to it and to detect it's presence in food.) I'm not talking total resistance I'm talking about if someone gets stung or hit with a poisonous object they can tolerate it better than someone who has no tolerance.

For stat raising I was thinking a mild to strong love potion for charisma, I know a funny thing right? But I think it's doable. It depends on their situation.

But all the potions are dna based via a pint of the patient's blood. Perhaps the blood is the binding agent/catalyst?

If someone else drinks it, it reacts violently to their physiology and kills or maims them. Perhaps making them go berserk?

Just some ideas I had.

Regards,
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Are you talking about essentially permanent alchemical effects for the person, or longer duration, or what's the benefit of going through this process?

Back to top »
Sainji

Post Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject:

GRRRRR! Stupid boards ate my original response to your post Trevor! Crying or Very sad

I'll try to recap what I wrote.

Much longer duration perhaps a week long in real time.

For example: The love potion that increases charisma would be useful for a Bureaucrat et al for influencing an outcome with a Jury, Judge, Bank Manager, etc.

Another example would be the infravision, perhaps a fighter needs it only for one or two assignments/battle strategies.

Drawbacks could be you become more tired than normal, as you need to concentrate harder as the effects wear off. Non-stackable with any other potion, including regular alchemy potions perhaps.

Times suggested are for examples, reality might be quite different depending on if GM's agree.

Just some ideas.

Regards,
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » Cryogenics
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: