Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Learning
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Magic and Psionics » Learning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PepsiKing

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 8:13 pm    Post subject: Learning

Basically this is the same question from the alchemy folder. Will spells come via spellbooks or chosen similar to D&D by advancement or a third way.

Pepsi King

Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Learning

This one I can answer.

Each 3 pts of spell research skill you train, you may choose another spell.  Some spells have prerequisite spells, spell casting requirements, and such.  There are four spell circles, of which only mages can access the fourth.

Psionincs work in a similar manner, you train occult lore and gain new psionic abilties.  There are pre-reqs here too.  There are four psionic paths, only psionics can access the fourth path.

Coincidentally, both exclusive paths mostly revolve around "summoning" things to your aid such as familiars/elementals (mages) or spirits of various type (psionics), and a few other utility powers, such as the psionic ability to teleport their group to a very prominent historical site.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 12:53 pm    Post subject:

I was going to put this in the Psionic folder, but then realized that the same thing applies to Mages so I put it here instead.

At some point I'd like to roughly plan out which abilities I want to get when. Will there be any bonus ability/spell slots for being a member of the Psionic/Mage profession instead of a Trooper who has decided to dable in the arts?

Another question:
If a Psionic triple trains Occult Lore every level, they will max out at 200 by the time they reach level 67. Will said Psionic be unable to learn any more abilities until they reach the 100th level due to being unable to train it anymore until then? I realize level 67 is REALLY far off, but I was wondering just the same. The gap between 67 and 100 is a very long time to go without new abilities to try out. Smile
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Mages and Psionics will receive bonus "slots" to their respective abilities, yes. The exact number is not yet determined, but I'd say maybe ~5 or so.

And yes, you can only learn new spells and psionics by training spell research / occult lore respectively, so once you cap that skill, you're stuck until you uncap it.

Your spell effectiveness will climb if you are still training spell casting, intellect or mentality (in some cases charisma etc as well), so you will have that aspect, but you will not gain new spells/psionics unless we at some point add something akin to scrolls.

This is similar to how a Trooper cannot improve their combat ability once they max the appropriate skills/stats, until they uncap, etc. If you find yourself in this state, you'd probably want to then spread out skill points into other useful skills for you such as perhaps swimming, climbing, alchemy, a craft skill, or what not.

Back to top »
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Heh! I think I might have missed a few in my counting but it looks like after getting to 200 in Occult Lore/Spell Research, and adding in the bonus slots, there won't be any spells/abilities left to choose anyway. Laughing

Here's to hoping that there will be a few more by the time someone reaches that stage. Cool
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 5:14 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure in the time it takes for someone to learn all the spells, new ones will be added and/or the existing ones improved with new aspects/features.

Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Magic and Psionics » Learning
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: