FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
The Portent Reader Saviya Jal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » The Portent Reader Saviya Jal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject:

Code:
As Viyci Cesirer rests a hiepahred: spirit on the pulsating surface of the drachna altar, its surface shines with a slightly brighter glow.
The surface of the altar becomes incredibly hot, causing churning bubbles to form upon its surface. Suddenly, the hiepahred upon it sinks into its surface.
You feel a strange emotion come over you briefly. Was it hope? depair? fear? comfort? It was immensely powerful, whatever it was.
[You receive 5,000 experience points for experiencing a historic event!]

The structure is now open
Code:
[The Dome of Rites, Calm Altar]
Smooth stone arches up to the heavens, capped by a ceiling of brilliant onyx. Candles circle the structure, seemingly unending and inextinguishable.

You also see a brilliantly glowing universal altar dedicated to the immortal pantheon.
Also here is Elwae Fleury, Denavae DeVries, Korell Ventril, and Vaei Seiei.
You notice an exit leading out.
>
Vaei Seiei places her tousled gamojab on her shoulder.
********************************************************************************
*                           Choosing a Patron Deity                            *
********************************************************************************
  It's time to choose a patron deity. Your choice is mostly intended for   
  role-playing purposes, though your decision could have other ramifications
  as well. Choosing a deity is optional, but highly recommended. There is no
  need to choose a deity whose race or gender matches yours. If your character
  would best match with a deity whose racial origin differs greatly from their
  own race, this will have no negative impact on your character.           

YOU WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO SELECT YOUR DEITY ONE TIME. YOU CANNOT RE-CHOOSE.

To learn more about the deities, type RESEARCH.
  To choose a deity, type SELECT DEITY.

This altar shines with brilliant power, featuring glowing icons upons its surface that represent all of Haelrahv's deities. It gives off a faint hum, resonating with soft but palpable power.

edit: HUGE WARNING!

Selecting a diety alters your alignment depending on where you're aligned in relation to them. Silly Yaru is now neutral and has to kill a billion asai again. Sad
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject:

On Topic: This is awesome. This is probably the highlight of things thus far and I would've LOVED to have been there.

Off Topic: Damned Comcast decided to take part of the whole damn Detroit area down to do maintainance so my net was off from like 4-6pm to 4am.

*edit*

Minor suggestion: Special Titles based on God and Profession maybe would be pretty cool and much appreciated.

Something like Warrior of Vara for Mercs, Healer of Oshib for a Medic, etc.
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject:

nothing grossly major but some bugs started, uh, bugging people in Llanfair, and were later seen on the Isle of Mist attempting to enter the structure. A flower was seen wilting at the site, which I guess is an oddity since everything there is supposed to be perfect and timeless.
indigone
Mild mannered thinker

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
nothing grossly major but some bugs started, uh, bugging people in Llanfair, and were later seen on the Isle of Mist attempting to enter the structure. A flower was seen wilting at the site, which I guess is an oddity since everything there is supposed to be perfect and timeless.

They came onto my Veranda on the Isle where I was napping this morning.

(Which is technically an indoor room that I designed as being an outdoor patio ... Not sure why that's important but the thought of insects entering my home was nerve-wracking. I hate bugs!)

Is the altar completely charged up, by the way? Should I keep my spare hiepahreds for this purpose, or is the only thing left to sell/trade/give them away?
"Woke up late one Thursday, and I'm seeing stars as I'm rubbing my eyes. And I felt like there were two days missing, as I focused on the time. And I made my way to the kitchen, but I had to stop from the shock of what I found, a room full of all of my friends dancing round and round and round. And I thought hello new shoes, Bye-Bye blues!"

- Paolo Nutini
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject:

indigone wrote:
Is the altar completely charged up, by the way? Should I keep my spare hiepahreds for this purpose, or is the only thing left to sell/trade/give them away?

The altar is charged as far as we know. The freds can be used on weapons eventually I hope!
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject:

Anyone mind giving a write up of the guy with some vision who stopped by Saturday?

From what I understand some guy came by who had a dream about a place and he wants to find the place to get rid of the dreams and there's something about ashes and fire in his visions.
Cadoc

Post Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject:

I was there but pretty much what Yaru says wraps up the major parts of it. I don't have a log so hopefully someone else who was there does.

A human explorer from the Southern Wilds came through CC, we eventually met up with him at Rigron's in the Darju Sector. He was passing through and stopped in to have a drink is the majority of it. It started out a little of light conversation about him and the southern wilds. There was brief talk about the "snake-men" (I forget their exact name was like Scyithor(?)).

I then asked him why he came so far north when he usually doesn't. This is when he went on to tell us about his dream. These are not exact words but I am paraphrasing.

He (the explorer) is standing in a burning place and everywhere he steps is on ash. The ground is laid with ash. All the while an ominous voice is telling him that "One will die."

We do not know who the one is, or much more than that. He mentioned is reason for going from town to town was in hopes of seeing the "burning place" in his dream, and hope that by doing so it would make them stop. So the burning place is probably a town, because after that he was heading to Titan City.

After this discussion, he finished his drink and left.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Cadoc wrote:
(I forget their exact name was like Scyithor(?)).

Scephyst Very Happy
Cadoc

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Apparently, earlier today a pligrim Pan Varna (?) came through town telling a story of bugs, bad guys, and finding an altar. She also prayed to Na'Vago and fend a Shaeilo some Solei Ivy. The Shaeilo (the sign of Na'vago btw) was sick and looks to be afflicted by something.

That is all I know, didn't personally witness heard through hear say. So anyone that knows more please be happy to fill in.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject:

To encourage reuse of the wiki, I added a page on Par Varan. I encourage someone who wishes to do so to write what is known about the character.

http://wiki.haelrahv.com/index.php/Par_Varan
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor in another thread entirely wrote:
BTW there was no rollback or loss of data from the event that started Friday, I was able to save the game data successfully despite losing access to the Janus server.

So what we miss dudes? Very Happy
Xavain

Post Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject:

Think he meant event as in the catastrophic loss of servers etc. Could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject:

Xavain wrote:
Think he meant event as in the catastrophic loss of servers etc. Could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time.

ohhhhhh. that makes sense too if that's the case.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject:

We have two servers - Wargale and Janus. HR is on Wargale, but our MySQL server and web server are on Janus, as is EO. Janus had a severe failure, but I was still able to save HR related data on Wargale, so no rollback was caused from the "crash" that started Friday morning, that's what I was conveying.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject:

So what's been going on lately? I've had a hellacious work week and really haven't been able to focus on RP as of late. Any news/logs would be greatly appreciated.

THanks!

BoonDock Saints wrote:
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » The Portent Reader Saviya Jal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: