FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
initial backstab feedback
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Agents » initial backstab feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: initial backstab feedback

First off. super fun Very Happy

now for the observations!

1) When an Agent backstabs with a poisoned weapon, people see X's weapon apply the poison, even though they don't see who did the actual attack.
2) Backstab doesn't acknowledge off-hand weapons
3) Backstab doesn't acknowledge having to be at any kind of range to attack
4) Backstab doesn't require you to stalk like every other stealth attack.
5) While not a bug, it would rock if the backstab cooldown worked like the snipe one, where your chance of staying hidden keeps reducing but you're still able to at least try.
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject:

1) I've not seen this (Mostly cause I can't see myself backstab). But rather, they should see the person become sickly or whatever the messaging is. Or not.

2) As well it shouldn't. It has a high auto-kill rate, and does massive damage to the point where I can sometimes kill a guard without an auto-kill with just one backstab.

3) This is like all other stealth attacks. And all I can say is (during it's broken time) atleast it can't be used from any range on actual PCs. But I do agree this needs to be fixed.

4) I never understood this one. I thought if *any* stealth attack wouldn't require a stalking it would be snipe.

5) I disagree with this, simply because of the high auto-kill rate. extensive damage, and massive stun time. If these things were reduced before the cooldown ended and allowed you to backstab again (though weaker), I wouldn't mind. But being allowed to even backstab two in a row is pretty much an autokill (Just like backstab -> stalk -> ambush x back)
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject:

1) Never checked it out

2) I don't think it should. Backstab is essentially sinking your blade into a tight vital spot on your opponent. I don't think getting 2 weapons into that same vital spot would make much sense.

3) Neither do any other stealth attacks (Like Seth said)

4) Neither does assassinate, just so you know.

5) With the stun effect of backstab, this would be really bad...like Seth said, the massive damage of it, if you do it twice in a row, it doesn't matter if they see you or not, because they're now dead.
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject:

I will say this, and I'm not sure if it's a bug or "attacking will increase your chance to be spotted", but you CAN use backstab before you see the "You once again feel fully confident in your backstabbing ability" messaging. I think it's roughly half of your cooldown time before you can reuse it, but you *don't* have to wait for the messaging.
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject:

maybe the timer could reset if it was used on another target, or if you move into another room.

I say that because, at least now when i'm testing it (on lower level civs, poor guys!), i'll stab someone in, say, CC, but then i'm in the Darju sector and still not feeling up to doing it again on someone totally new in a whole new area.

This may be a non-issue in the future as the time between the stab, a kill that requires more effort, and a hopeful box disarm may be enough activity to kill off any stab wait times between fights (right now my cooldown is 1 min 30 seconds or so).

I never got the stun effect of backstab yet. May need more skill. Very Happy

Seth Ventril wrote:
I will say this, and I'm not sure if it's a bug or "attacking will increase your chance to be spotted", but you CAN use backstab before you see the "You once again feel fully confident in your backstabbing ability" messaging. I think it's roughly half of your cooldown time before you can reuse it, but you *don't* have to wait for the messaging.

yepyep. at first i didn't even realize there was a cooldown message because i'd jump right into it again ASAP.

And Seth can now confirm that the poison application message is seen by all as if it wasn't a sneaky-sneaky attack.

I can see the logic in the non-dual wield situation for it, but I'll find it regrettable, as I'm a big fan of it for that character and would like to use it in all situations. Wink
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject:

The stun doesn't show in the attack messages. It just happens. If you backstab (providing it doesn't kill) and then LOOK, you'll see your target is stunned.
---
---
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Agents » initial backstab feedback
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: