FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Haelrahv Pre-Alpha Essay Contest
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Announcements From The Staff » Haelrahv Pre-Alpha Essay Contest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 1:35 am    Post subject: Haelrahv Pre-Alpha Essay Contest

I'd like to announce that we're beginning a Haelrahv essay contest.

I know you guys don't have the full history and racial information yet, but think of this as your opportunity to make a lasting impression of the world.

To enter the contest, simply design your own constellation and a legend behind it. What race considers that particular grouping of stars important? Why?

A detailed text description of the layout of the constellations is also required. Be sure to include special star colors if any, special patterns, e.t.c. You may submit a drawing or outline of your constellation, though that is by no means a requirement.

Please make essays at least 500 words or more.

Now for the good stuff!

Prizes:

Third
Constelation added to Constellation System

Second
Scroll Containing Constellation Story

First
Scroll Containing Constellation Story
Free Clothing Alteration

Submissions should be sent to hr-beau@haelrahv.com on or before March 23. Essays will be judged during that week and winners will be contacted prior to the opening of the game if possible, so that announcements can be made when we open.

Thanks!

~ Beau Etoile ~

By the way, submission of an essay grants Haelrahv the unlimited rights to its use within the gaming environment, just so there are no conflicts about this later on.

Last edited by HR-Beau on Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Just a reminder, you have about a week left to send in your constellation essasys. I already have several promising ones in my in-box. If you have any questions regarding these you can contact me via e-mail at hr-beau@haelrahv.com.

I'll also be holding a brief Q&A session Monday evening about 9 PM EST in the Haelrahv Auditorium in the OOC area for players who may want to ask questions.
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Thu May 08, 2003 11:23 pm    Post subject: Contest Results

Alright folks, I apologize for the delays in the contest.

Now, before I announce the winners I'd like to explain how each essay was judged. I removed all names and e-mail addresses from them and assigned them numbers. Each essay was then mailed to the entire Haelrahv staff and they were asked to judge the essays on a point system.

Readability: 0-10 points were awarded for readability. Readability deals with the ease of reading the essay and whether or not it made sense.

Originality: 0-50 points were awarded for originality. This was the most important category for us, since it dealt directly with your own ideas. I was very impressed with the essays; you all did a wonderful job of using the vague information we've released about Haelrahv and incorporating it into your works.

Flair & Creativity: 0-25 points were awarded in this category. This is where we graded how flamboyant you were....that extra little something that made it special, or extra exciting.

Bonus: 0-5 points were awarded at the discretion of the judges. This category was included to allow a little bit of leeway in case the judges felt that an item was low in some areas, but still deserved some points for something they weren't asked to judge on.

And now the moment you've all been waiting for.....

Third Place

The Aurora of Coryphee by Chiana Snow

Second Place

Bella the Beautiful by Kulkun Furi

And finally.....

First Place

The Eye of the Stars by Glim Faethyn

I'd like to congratulate all the winners, and thank all the contestants for participating. The winners have been contacted via e-mail and should respond to me ASAP just to let me know they received their notification. They will be contacted again once the game is open to players again. I look forward to seeing everyone in-game and seeing these lovely new stars high up in the sky!
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Announcements From The Staff » Haelrahv Pre-Alpha Essay Contest
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: