FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Demeanor
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Demeanor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Demeanor

So while I was sitting around and thinking of a few changes I wanted to make to my character, I remembered one of the few things that DR did right *snicker*.

For those that haven't played, the Demeanor verb had several settings, including your overall Demeanor with options like warm, friendly, normal, *forgot this one, but it was one of the anti-social recluse settings*, and then cold.

In the varying stages, different verbs could('n't) be performed on your character. For instance, if your character had a cold demeanor, no one could hug your character, or kiss him, or touch him.

Ontop of this, it also had individual player settings. So if you wanted to RP someone who was very cold and didn't want to be touched or annoyed, he could still his demeanor to normal or friendly (maybe even warm!) for his friends and such, so they could still do basic verb interaction.

For one, I think this might enhance the depth of characters even more (even if all males will set it to cold just to portray the *ACTION MAN!* cliche *will be guilty of this himself*), but it would stop the really annoying act of people hitting other characters all the time. Because I happen to find it rather silly that someone can slap Seth and Seth not try and dodge or anything.
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject:

i think the forgot one was reserved.

it covered things like "yes i'll shake your hand, no i won't let you toungebathe me"
RLH

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject:

This would be great, of course you would have to include a super extra snuggle bunny setting..because. Twisted Evil

"The real issue isnt whether or not there is a morally acceptable amount of sex or violence, the real issue is; how can we put more sex in our violence?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Xavain Gramorham says, "Yet you wanted to marry Mellie."
You hear the voice of Yaru Dex say, "For her MONEY geez! Not her VA****!."
 Back to top »
Wei Wao
Woah

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject:

I'd love this. Wei's a snugglebunny, but I have some characters that are reserved and one that loathes to be touched at all.

"That's not breakfast, that's a vendetta!"-Jimmy Shubert
 Back to top »
Hokius

Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject:

I like the idea. The only thing I don't like is that there seems to be a setting for 'allow hugs' and a setting for 'don't allow hugs'. If this was put into effect it would be really cool if there could possibly be a setting that allows hugs...but doesn't welcome them. Hok doesn't like hugs...but for some people he occasionally allows it without tearing them limb from limb. Also, I can't think of a single way Hok could prevent a hug without being at least slightly physically violent. Perhaps it could also be done by having a demeanor setting for each individual person as well as a default demeanor setting so that if there's someone you haven't met, they can't hug you, but you can set your demeanor for friends so that they can hug you or something like that. I dunno, probably WAY too much work. Just spouting things off the top of my head.

You can't take a girl to the Library! What? It's free? Well that's not so bad then...--David Scully as Sergeant Johnson, Halo 2 Outtake
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Demeanor

To Hokius:

Seth Ventril wrote:
In the varying stages, different verbs could('n't) be performed on your character. For instance, if your character had a cold demeanor, no one could hug your character, or kiss him, or touch him.

Ontop of this, it also had individual player settings. So if you wanted to RP someone who was very cold and didn't want to be touched or annoyed, he could still his demeanor to normal or friendly (maybe even warm!) for his friends and such, so they could still do basic verb interaction.

This was probably worded poorly, but what I meant was you have:
A) General Demeanor for everyone
B) Demeanor settings on a person by person basis.

Example: You set your general demeanor to cold. You set the demeanor towards Susy to warm. You're sitting in CC, and Bobbynobody comes in and tries to highfive you, and gets naught but air. Susy walks in, and hugs you normally.
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
 Back to top »
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject:

They also have the option of setting demeanors by race. You know, for those racists out there. >>
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Hokius

Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject:

Oh, my mistake. Sorry, I've been talking out of my posterior this entire time. Carry on.

You can't take a girl to the Library! What? It's free? Well that's not so bad then...--David Scully as Sergeant Johnson, Halo 2 Outtake
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject:

Is there any news on this, whether it's a valid suggestion or not? I'm positive I'm not the only person who is sometimes agitated by other PC's freedom to just do whatever with your character. Like men snogging Seth. Not cool.
---
---
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject:

The quick and dirty answer is that it is possible, but it requires editing every single social verb we have. Haelrahv has a notoriously large number of social verbs available, so you can imagine the size of the undertaking.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Well, it could be more easily facilitated if we, as players, took a bit of time a day to look at the social commands and paste them up here with messaging (subject to QA, of course). At least it would give less work for whoever was involved, and with all of our help, it might just go pretty darn quickly.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
 Back to top »
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject:

I have a ton of free time the whole month, so if doing this will make me feel less like a tard for not being able to duck a hug when I dodge arrows on a daily basis, I'd have it done in a few days.
---
---
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject:

It would be helpful to identify the commands that need to respect any sort of demeanor system, perhaps grouped into "REALLY needs support" and "needs support" for it.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject:

I'll get right on it. However, the way I'm going to arrange them is going to be a bit more meticulous. Here's an example of how I hope to see this done, and thus how I will arrange the emotes:

Happiest Demeanor: Will allow ALL physical contact
Happy Demeanor: Will allow most but the most extreme (kissing, groping, snogging) physical contact.
Nuetral Demeanor: Will allow some physical contact (smooches, hugs, etc)
Mean Demeanor: Will only allow brief physical contact (hand shakes, back pats)
Meanest Demeanor: Will allow NO physical contact.

Also, I'm really hoping for specific settings. Like DEMEANOR GENERAL "MEANEST", for general contact, then DEMEANOR ALARAH VENTRIL HAPPIEST, (Though in my opinion, your spouse should automatically be set to the happiest demeanor). The point of this is because Seth doesn't really like physical contact, but he doesn't mind it from those he calls friends. And I know this isn't all about me and what *I* prefer, just that if it was easy coding, being allowed to alter your demeanor setting for a few friends would be pretty kickass.

*EDIT* Also, any EMOTE that can be used with characters but doesn't actually involve contact shouldn't be added to the demeanor lists (This is more for people who will be helping me list), such as GLARE, SQUINT, SMILE, GRIN, things of that nature.
---
---
 Back to top »
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject:

Ok. That took MUCH less time than I imagined, and I went through every verb I could find that interacted with other PCs on a physical level and arranged them as *I* saw fit, and I'm not abject to some of the entries being shifted/removed. I listed them in an order of What Should Be Allowed, enjoy.

Happiest: Bop, Poke, Bite, Brush, Bitchslap, Caress, Clean, Clench, Clout, Comfort, Cover <person> eyes/ear/mouth, Cradle, Cuddle, Embrace, Flick, Fondle, Goose, Grope, Highfive, Hug, Kiss, Lean, Lick, Mack, Massage, Mount, Nibble, Noogie, Nudge, Nuzzle, Pat, Peck, Pet, Pinch, Poke, Pounce, Prod, Pull, Rub, Scratch, Shake (Hand), Slap, Slobber, Smack, Smooch, Snog, Snuggle, Spank, Squeeze, Squirm, Swat, Swing, Tag, Tap, Thrash, Thump, Tickle, Touch, Tremble, Tug, Turn, Wallop, Wedgie, Whack, Wrap.

Happy: Bop, Poke, Bite, Brush, Caress, Clean, Clench, Comfort, Cover <person> eyes/ear/mouth, Cradle, Cuddle, Flick, Highfive, Hug, Kiss, Lean, Lick, Mack, Massage, Mount, Nibble, Noogie, Nudge, Nuzzle, Pat, Peck, Pet, Pinch, Poke, Pounce, Prod, Pull, Rub, Scratch, Shake (Hand), Slobber, Smooch, Snuggle, Squeeze, Swing, Tag, Tap, Tickle, Touch, Tug, Turn, Wedgie, Whack, Wrap.

Neutral: Poke, Bite, Clean, Clench, Comfort, Cover <person> eyes/ear/mouth, Flick, Highfive, Hug, Kiss Cheek (if possible), Lean, Noogie, Nudge, Pat, Peck, Poke, Prod, Pull, Shake Hand only (If possible, if not, then both allowed), Squeeze, Tag, Tap, Tug, Turn.

Mean: Clench, Flick, Highfive, Lean, Nudge, Pat, Prod, Squeeze, Tap.

Meanest: None

---
---

Last edited by Seth Ventril on Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Demeanor
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: