FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Moneysink Ideas
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Moneysink Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wei Wao
Woah

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Moneysink Ideas

I am personally of the opinion that one of the best ways to fix the economy is to put a bunch of moneysinks in place, so I thought that I would suggest some.

New and improved pets!
Our pets are neat right now, but they could be so much more! Perhaps more pets could be added, in a range of creatures of increasing size with the largest size being able to actually do some functional things. Maybe at the middle of the range, the animals would be able to find certain people (a furry version of psychic sight) or warn their owner of someone lurking in the shadows. The larger and more expensive animals might be able to carry a set burden for their owner, fight alongside him or her, or transport someone a short distance such as up hills or something.

The creature could come with the potential to do something, but maybe training them to have the ability actually be useable would be an additional cost. And there could always be accessories that cost more, too. And care and feeding...these have the potential to be something that soaks up a lot of money from the general population, I think.

Vacations, anyone?
Our characters work hard, so why not set up some vacation areas? An exorbiant fee will buy them transport to and a set time in a new area with all sorts of things to do and see. New shops with items that can only be purchased there, new areas with a range of new critters that can only be hunted there, deluxe accomodations with rooms with jacuzzis, and maybe even some interesting photo oppertunities for those that like cameras. A picture of an island's rare bird might be worth something, but nothing close to the cost of the ticket . Wink

Vehicles
I'm not exactly sure how this would work, but I was just trying to think of what people will spend money on in the real world and vehicles were hard to ignore. Transportation is already fairly easy in our little world so maybe recreational vehicles would be something to consider? Like boats that speed up travel to certain islands that you can fish from or maybe even motorhomes with a portable room inside?

Those are just some ideas, and I'm aware that they would probably take significant coding and stuff to put them into place, but I thought I'd throw them out there because the idea of having a money wipe across the board makes me shudder. Smile

"That's not breakfast, that's a vendetta!"-Jimmy Shubert
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject:

the pet one sounds awesome. i know i got bored of yaru's chovn/aiba after realizing all they do is give off random messaging and ask for food. something that can ride/carry stuff for me would be awesome.

my own moneysink idea would be the ability to image/replicate/etc stratohunters. i know the one thing that made stratohunting get annoying for me was having to rebuild the same hunter over and over again. i'd GLADLY pay a fee to do something like have a tech NPC (or PC!) look over my stratohunter, give me some kind of schematic, and be able to show it to a stratobuilder NPC who would build a hunter according to my schematics for the price of the hunter/chips/extra fee.
RLH

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Vacations, anyone?
Our characters work hard, so why not set up some vacation areas? An exorbiant fee will buy them transport to and a set time in a new area with all sorts of things to do and see. New shops with items that can only be purchased there, new areas with a range of new critters that can only be hunted there, deluxe accomodations with rooms with jacuzzis, and maybe even some interesting photo oppertunities for those that like cameras. A picture of an island's rare bird might be worth something, but nothing close to the cost of the ticket .

THIS IS AN AWESOME IDEA!!!

"The real issue isnt whether or not there is a morally acceptable amount of sex or violence, the real issue is; how can we put more sex in our violence?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Xavain Gramorham says, "Yet you wanted to marry Mellie."
You hear the voice of Yaru Dex say, "For her MONEY geez! Not her VA****!."
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject:

I say we get an NPC that will impound pets that have been abandoned within the jurisdiction of the government of Llanfair (and when we get other cities, this could be used there too) and when the owner tries to retrieve them, they would have to pay a abandonment fine for and a services fee for taking care of them. Maybe set like a 1 hour time limit of how long you can keep your pet left alone before the pet catcher gets em. We could also maybe get a pet daycare place for when you need to get away from them.

I'm sure once the JUSTICE System comes into effect there will be a lot of killing fees to be paid which would help with the money issue.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject:

i half disagree with the abandonment thing, just because it seems like it would unfairly penalize people without homes, but on the other hand i really do hate seeing X number of animals sitting around CC for days on end.
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject:

Heh those pet ideas sound an awful lot like familars.
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Tao

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject:

Haidee wrote:
Heh those pet ideas sound an awful lot like familars.

Heh, yeah. You're lucky they dont leave you permanently if you neglect them for so long.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Moneysink Ideas
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: