FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Transition Update
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Announcements From The Staff » Transition Update
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Transition Update

Okay, everyone is due some updating, so let me touch base with you all on how things are going, and exactly what's going on.

First of all, what our overall goal is, is to plan out and make major adjustments to Haelrahv based on where we see need for change. This will be wide-ranging, affecting pretty much everything, really. There are a lot of things we've let sort of lie as they are because we were going to Live, and so we took on the mentality that imbalances, poorly written code, and so on could be shrugged off. Now, with Live canceled, that isn't the case.

So, we're currently having meetings and hashing out plans for changes. We had an otganizational meeting last night, our next meeting (probably Sunday) will be to discuss economics and looking over proposals for economic change. Further meetings will cover other aspects such as the skill system, level caps, item bonuses, etc. We're also having ongoing braintstorming and debate sessions by way of our staff forum.

Now, the things you can expect to come in are definitely not just fixes, balance updates and the like. They'll also include new areas, new combat challenges, new events and storylines, new magic spells and psionics, new functionality for droids and tech gear, and so on. We're delving into it all piece by piece. A lot of the plans we had for Live we can and want to incorporate here. This includes the Disciple profession, for instance, and there's no reason we can't get additional races in, either.

As to the balance changes, some of them are going to be welcomed by you personally, probably. Others you might downright hate - and we're sorry we have to do unpopular things, but it IS necessary for the longevity of Haelrahv as a game.

I had intended to begin wotk on Codex of Legends (CL) and hand things over to Hannah directly, but I see now that I need to stay involved for a while to see this transition over, so I will be deeply involved in the planning stages and our meetings and such. At some point the management will be moved over to Hannah entirely, but for now, she and I will work together, just as the staff as a whole works together.

I'll keep everyone informed as is possible.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Announcements From The Staff » Transition Update
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: