FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Combat moves
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Combat moves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milan Fiori

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Combat moves

I'm still new to the game, so I'm not sure if this has been suggested before and shot down, or just not wanted in the game at all or even if the combat engine is coded to allow it. But the game I came I played before Haelrahv had a much more complex combat system in terms of moves you could use, so that the monotony of just standing there and slashing could be broken.

And with the damage system here, having set ranges for Slashing, Piercing and Blunt damage, they could be varied quite a bit. The idea is to have a varying amount of moves that have different affects. Like higher damage modifiers, higher accuracy, higher fatigue costs, faster or slower than normal attacks.

And example would be like:

Jab- Half the damage of a thrust, but half the speed, and twice the accuracy.

and on the other end

Impale- Has a higher chance to instant kill, with a high damage modifier, but is very slow and very inaccurate.

Learning them, could be skill based, or level based, even made into quests. It just gets boring and tedious to stand there and slash all the time. But this can stop this, while still allowing the people who would rather do the former, to still do it.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject:

things like those do exist, but special combat moves are only available for agents, mercenaries, and guardians, AFAIK.

there are a variety of combat moves available to the general populace, though, as well. some off the top of my head are feint, slash, impale, doubleslash, hobble, and jab.

COMMAND COMBAT gives a full list of combat commands, as well. Smile
Milan Fiori

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Wow, I read through the entire help thing, and didn't see anything besides slash, thrust and bash. Thanks!
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject:

anytime. Smile

heck, i just looked at the list myself and never knew there was a move called BACKHAND.

for what you are talking about (ie: more attacks when you get more skill), most are profession-only, where you gain them at X level (like agents with ASSASSINATE). other attacks have bonuses that certain professions get (mercs do a bit more with FEINT, for example), and finally some attacks are open to all and you must get X skill to unlock (but most or even all of these are unarmed moves AFAIK).
Milan Fiori

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject:

There's definitely still a lot I need to learn it seems. First stances, and now this? Time to start bugging people again!
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Combat moves
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: