FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Experience Carry Over
Goto page Previous  1, 2
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » "Live" Discussions » Experience Carry Over
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject:

No, I've completely redrawn the experience costs per level. Pulse amounts do not fluctuate for level experience, it's a flat 10 points per 1 minute interval pulse. The amount to level rises as your level does, but exponentially. Unlike skills, how full your experience pool is has no effect on your rate of drain. Stats don't affect your rate, either.

I can give a few examples of experience drain rates here... all examples in real-life steady gameplay hours. To go from...

1 to 2: 3.3 hours.
4 to 5: 5.3 hours.
9 to 10: 7.3 hours.
14 to 15: 16.2 hours.
19 to 20: 30.0 hours.
29 to 30: 37.0 hours.
39 to 40: 37.5 hours.
49 to 50: 41.7 hours.
59 to 60: 45.0 hours.
..skipping down some...
99 to 100: 45.0 hours.
149 to 150: 50.0 hours
174 to 175: 55.0 hours.
189 to 190: 60.0 hours.
199 to 200: 70.0 hours.

As you can see, it rises, but it also plateaus a lot, so you every level isn't worse than the previous. The expected time to go from new to 200 with no bonus is 380 days (1.04 years). Given the notion of playing 8 hours a day, that's more like 1,140 days (3.12 years).

Now, I find it very interesting that many players indicated that they feel the current levelling scheme is too fast (though too slow at low levels), yet few seemed nuts about levels that took more than a few weeks per.

I find this interesting further because about 3 years to go from min to max seems like the popular figure. Despite that, the current experience system takes 3.4 years, and yet it's considered too fast for some. I think the examples given in the 'progression' thread give evidence that what we want ideally doesn't match up mathematically in many ways.

Thoughts welcome. This experience setup is not final.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » "Live" Discussions » Experience Carry Over
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: