FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Advancement Take... Something.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Polls » Advancement Take... Something.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

The slowest level ever should take...
A week
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
2 weeks
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
3 weeks
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
A month
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
5 weeks
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
6 weeks
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
7 weeks
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
2 months
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
More than 2 months.
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 35

HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Advancement Take... Something.

Consider this if it were the slowest level ever during a character's life, and assuming you played about 8 hours a day on average.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject:

I say a month. If working on it 8 hours a day, for a month, I would find it highly unlikely for any level to take longer then that.

However, if you don't have eight hours a day, it could take anywhere up to several months. It really all depends on your style of play and desire to level for whatever reason.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject:

if it took me several months to progress (if i was casually playing), such a lack of advancement would probably discourage the hell out of me.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject:

True, but if you're playing at best a couple hours a day, yet levelling is important to you, how do we make you happy without making everyone who plays a -lot- level 200 in a month?

Back to top »
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject:

I think most people, who are casually playing, yet seriously packing those few hours here and there with training should be able to manage it in a month in a half, two at most. I -really- don't think that the slowest level in a character's 'life' should be anything less then a month unless they script hunt twenty-four hours a day, which, to me at least, should be frowned upon in a roleplaying environment.
 Back to top »
Morgana

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure Yaru has it down... But at 1 exp point for 30,000 points that's about 1250 hours? And that's what one gets down to with the penalty and the high level slow rate. At 6 exp point I think it's only 84 hours. So it's basically like 11 days to 150 days right now depending on your penalty
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject:

at level 100: 83.333... hours
-1 penalty: 100 hours
-2 penalty: 125 hours
-3 penalty: 166 hours
-4 penalty: 250 hours
-5 penalty: 500 hours

this means you'll gain 45,000 exp before you hit -1, you'll get 7500 more while at -1, 6000 more at -2, 4500 at -3, and 3000 at -4, which means you'll gain 66,000 exp (aka: two levels) before you hit the super slow -1 pulse. which, for me, isn't that bad since i'm at 100+ and i don't really have anywhere to go anyway. The most exp per month humanly possible at 100+ is around 95k, but personally i get more around 80-85k per month (due to always being IG and draining at that snail's pace).

if i had higher things to reach in HR, i'd want to go faster, but since these last few months were only me going "wow hope I can kill Thekko/make another quality level of armor" it wasn't like i felt i was going so slow i was missing out on tons of stuff.
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I'm sure Yaru has it down... But at 1 exp point for 30,000 points that's about 1250 hours? And that's what one gets down to with the penalty and the high level slow rate. At 6 exp point I think it's only 84 hours. So it's basically like 11 days to 150 days right now depending on your penalty

That's a rather misleading analysis since you can only spend a maximum of 495 consecutive hours draining at -1 before the timer resets.

I've always thought the 30 day xp tracker should be replaced by a daily tracker. The last half of the month always feels like such a drag. Yes, I realize it's really just a psychological effect.

If you want to base leveling time off of 8 hours per day, have 8 out of every 24 hour period at full pool drain and let it drop off from there.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Tylen wrote:
That's a rather misleading analysis since you can only spend a maximum of 495 consecutive hours draining at -1 before the timer resets.

totally true. and the number was way too high anyhow.

Quote:
I've always thought the 30 day xp tracker should be replaced by a daily tracker. The last half of the month always feels like such a drag. Yes, I realize it's really just a psychological effect.

If you want to base leveling time off of 8 hours per day, have 8 out of every 24 hour period at full pool drain and let it drop off from there.

support++ i know once i hit that 225th hour, i just really stop paying attention to even gaining anything.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject:

Not that I have much experience with the XP Tracker and its dreaded 1exp drain rate or anything, but the idea of a daily tracker instead of a monthly tracker seems pretty great.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Almost sounds like the walls from DR.
Chevonne

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject:

you really do have to have a "slow-down" at some point.

You have to level slower than a developer.

Period.

-Chevonne
 Back to top »
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject:

Quote:
You have to level slower than a developer

Lucky and grateful ours are the best at developing though. Wink
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject:

Chevonne wrote:
you really do have to have a "slow-down" at some point.

You have to level slower than a developer.

Period.

-Chevonne

Sadly, players will always consume content faster than it can be developed. To stop this from happening, players would have to be forced to consume the same recycled content over and over to reduce dev load (palette swaps, anyone?)

Back to top »
Kitae

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject:

True, but if you're playing at best a couple hours a day, yet levelling is important to you, how do we make you happy without making everyone who plays a -lot- level 200 in a month?

Because I'm Kitae and what I say matters! So I don't stay in 24/7 but I would hope I can level quicker than I have. I don't remember ever having to work so hard to make it to the next level. You shouldn't have to play hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and....hours.

~Kitae~ Laughing
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Polls » Advancement Take... Something.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: