FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
wine making (possibly spoilers?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Crafting & Trades » wine making (possibly spoilers?)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Randall

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
Tao wrote:
Has anyone tried to sell their finished product yet? If so, how much are they offering? Is the pricing going to be a fixed one or is it based on the same calculations like the commods?

the price of wine goes up with age (aka: selling X days after bottling date adds a value bonus to it as opposed to bottling and then instantly selling). it's not like a commodity, either.

Yaru is correct - but this increase in value is a lot slower than the fermenting process.
 Back to top »
HR-Randall

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject:

The problem with fermentors not being able to be refilled after first batch of wine has been fixed
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Don't know if this has been brought up here or in-game, but how about being able to brand your wine? Something like how forging insignias (or whatever) were handled in DR would be great*. After x-amount of good quality products created, you're added onto a list to eventually be given your own special brand which you can add to future products.

This would be nice if wine making were to be changed into a fairly open-ended system where various extra ingredients could be added to alter the flavour. This would encourage people experimenting with different recipes. Eventually people would begin to specialize, and then brands would just play into that.

Perhaps this could be an Artisan-only thing?

--William

* = this was the impression I was under on how this was handled; I could be completely wrong here. I'm sure there were other factors that played into it.

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject:

complaint: it's hard to tell which batches are done as opposed to which batches i just didn't add stuff to/seal yet.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject:

for those curious...

Code:
As you pop the seal on your fermentor a stong odor fills the air. Vinegar may have place in the kitchen, but not in your fermentor.  With a sigh of frustration you empty the contents of your fermentor.
There has been an error. The Counselors have been notified.

HR-Randall

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
for those curious...

Code:
As you pop the seal on your fermentor a stong odor fills the air. Vinegar may have place in the kitchen, but not in your fermentor.  With a sigh of frustration you empty the contents of your fermentor.
There has been an error. The Counselors have been notified.

Error Fixed
 Back to top »
HR-Randall

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
complaint: it's hard to tell which batches are done as opposed to which batches i just didn't add stuff to/seal yet.

When not sealed, fermentors will now tell you if the wine has NOT been fermented upon looking at them

Code:

A portable green glass fermentor seems to be empty.
The contents of a portable green glass fermentor have not been fermented yet.
 Back to top »
HR-Randall

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
Don't know if this has been brought up here or in-game, but how about being able to brand your wine? Something like how forging insignias (or whatever) were handled in DR would be great*. After x-amount of good quality products created, you're added onto a list to eventually be given your own special brand which you can add to future products.

I Will consider this. I dont expect it will be "LIKE DR" because I have never even logged into DR once. What I do expect is for this system to grow and enhance as I work. It is my intention for this to be a rich system with many facets. Hopefully superior to any competition.

Brokyn wrote:

This would be nice if wine making were to be changed into a fairly open-ended system where various extra ingredients could be added to alter the flavour. This would encourage people experimenting with different recipes. Eventually people would begin to specialize, and then brands would just play into that.

Planning extra ingredients

Brokyn wrote:

Perhaps this could be an Artisan-only thing?

No
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject:

HR-Randall wrote:
soundless wrote:

When not sealed, fermentors will now tell you if the wine has NOT been fermented upon looking at them

Code:

thanks a ton Smile

this may be too spoiler-y, but does the amount of berries you use in a mixed wine matter or not?

aka: 300 of berry X and 200 of berry Y is better than 250 of berry X and 250 of berry Y but worse than 100 of berry X and 400 of berry Y.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Great, Randall.

I hate to mention ideas as being similar to DR's systems, but that's really the only other game I can compare ideas to. As far as the artisan-only suggestion, I meant it more toward having character-specific brands of wine and not the wine-making system as a whole.

This looks like a great system.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Randall

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
HR-Randall wrote:
soundless wrote:

Code:

thanks a ton Smile

this may be too spoiler-y, but does the amount of berries you use in a mixed wine matter or not?

aka: 300 of berry X and 200 of berry Y is better than 250 of berry X and 250 of berry Y but worse than 100 of berry X and 400 of berry Y.

Support for this in in and it will matter within a month, for now just the wine type matters.

And you're welcome!
 Back to top »
HR-Randall

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
Great, Randall.

I hate to mention ideas as being similar to DR's systems, but that's really the only other game I can compare ideas to. As far as the artisan-only suggestion, I meant it more toward having character-specific brands of wine and not the wine-making system as a whole.

This looks like a great system.

--William

Thank you very much, and no offense meant. just wanted to let any and all interested know this wont be similar after a DR system, it's completely new.
 Back to top »
HR-Randall

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Announcement: You may now STOCK your wine racks with up to 30 wine bottles, filled or not. Only wine bottles may be stocked on these and they won't store any other belongings. You must hold the wine bottle in your right hand in order to do this.
 Back to top »
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject:

Do you know if the Eolai "branded" trait factors in when selling wines? Was just wondering if my price I'm getting is lower because of it, so I can give you more accurate prices for what I'm makin.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject:

tygerwulf wrote:
Do you know if the Eolai "branded" trait factors in when selling wines? Was just wondering if my price I'm getting is lower because of it, so I can give you more accurate prices for what I'm makin.

the only thing that will be consistent will be appraisal value anyway, not sales price. charisma bonus to selling and all that.

speaking of app price, does the app value go up as time goes on, or does the sales price itself just go up?
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Crafting & Trades » wine making (possibly spoilers?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: