FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Terra Historia
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Geography, Maps & Travel » Terra Historia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Eleanora

Post Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 10:30 am    Post subject: Terra Historia

The staff decided we could start posting "teasers" about our areas so that we could get more ideas and feedback while we're still building...so here goes mine.

I'm working on Terra Historia with Counselor Katie.  It's set up as a historical site for those humans who want to actually experience life as their ancestors might have lived it.  Other races are welcome, too, to understand more about what humans are talking about when they refer to their ancestors on Earth.

Current highlights include a castle, a pyramid, a cathedral and an "Old West" town.  Theres's also a shopping district called the Agora.  The castle and pyramid will boast hunting of some kind (likely some sort of ghosty or knight thing and some mummies and so forth) and the Old Town are will have Player vs. Player "shoot outs" along the main street.

One strange thing about Terra Historia is because it was all created from memories, some of the memories are "wrong."  For example, you can get the best pizza in Hael in the early-1900's-style Old Town.  

We hope that it'll be a fun place to hang out, shop, hunt, and so forth.

Here's where we need your help:  What kinds of things do you think humans would have memories of that they'd like to show the other races?   What stories and legends of "stuff" might have been passed down?  What would you like to see in the most human-influenced place on the planet?  Keep in mind, the characters we're all playing will have been there all their lives (humans arrived about 275 years ago), but let your imagination run a bit.  

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Eleanora
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Terra Historia

One of the things I imagine that humans would have memories of would be the things that they used to do for entertainment on the original earth.  Gambling was mentioned in the games thread, but perhaps there could be some references to various sports, plays, possibly a few notable movies that might have stood out to them, that sort of thing.  

Aside from the past forms of entertainment, maybe a few references to past wars might be around as well.

Since it was 275 years ago, I imagine that there might be more to the Haelrhav human's past than what we know of in the present in the real world.
PepsiKing

Post Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Terra Historia

A couple of things I think about when I think Old West are Custer, Jesse James and the OK Corral. And since memories get faded or confused maybe something like Jesse James killed Custer at the OK Corral would be pretty funny to see, unless of course your Custer.  ;D

Pepsi King

Back to top »
Islansya

Post Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Terra Historia

I'm guessing those nice castles will be fully equipped with bathrooms and heat, too?
I think legends would be a nice thing for the humans to have kept.  An example of which might be King Arthur.
 Back to top »
HR-Eleanora

Post Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Terra Historia

Great ideas so far...thanks for the help and keep thinking.

Eleanora
balihai

Post Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Terra Historia

I was just thinking...

What if someone on Haelrahv rediscovered a recording of "The War of the Worlds"?

That's GOT to freak some people out all over again.

Back to top »
HR-Myst

Post Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Terra Historia

<sniff, sniff>

Do I smell an Alteri book burning ceremony? With all of the crap we currently have recorded and written about aliens, some of it had to have made its way to Haelrahv.  With their playful manor, I can see the Alteri gathering with the materials that those silly humans brought to Haelrahv and getting a really good laugh about it.

Myst
 Back to top »
HR-Eleanora

Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Terra Historia

All these ideas are great ones.  Now I want to ask about shopping.  We'll have a ton, of course, but what kinds of historical earth garments, weapons, gadgets, etc., etc., do you want to be able to purchase?   I can't guarantee everything of course, but what kinds of items do you really want to have?

Eleanora
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Terra Historia

Form-fitting muscle shirts.   Wink

Okay, well maybe not.  But those would be fun to wear.  Boxer shorts too!
PepsiKing

Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Terra Historia

Various sports equipment <balls, bats, uniforms, etc.>
toasters, waffle irons, radios. To name a few.

PepsiKing
 Back to top »
HR-Eleanora

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Terra Historia

I think I freaked out Oliver Wilson at his elite men's store, but you can buy a black muscle shirt from him now and Sarah Baker in Unmentionables nearly passed out when I added men's stock to the undergarments store.  

Keep the ideas coming.

Eleanora
balihai

Post Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Cargo pants that actually have extra large pockets.

Please include wear for WEATHER. Not everyday will be sunny, not every season will be winter. Variety is the spice of life.

Professional gear - lab coats, tool belts, sewing kits (Artisans)

As they always say, fashion comes back around. Go-go boots and acid washed jeans seem like a good mix to anyone else? Laughing

Different kinds of bags, totes, medical, messenger bags..

Umm, certainly religious icons, but since we're focusing on the humans - Stars of David, Crosses, Pentagrams.
 Back to top »
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 7:19 pm    Post subject:

balihai wrote:
Cargo pants that actually have extra large pockets.

Please include wear for WEATHER. Not everyday will be sunny, not every season will be winter. Variety is the spice of life.

I couldn't agree more with the pants thing. It's a bit strange when the only thing that you can fit into them would be two/three lockpicks and nothing else. Pants have a lot more room than that unless they look like they were painted on.

The weather thing. I agree with that too, as seeing people walking around in shorts and a bikini top in the snow or an elaborate heavy dress/coat with wool pants on in 80 degree weather is kind of weird. Smile
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The weather thing. I agree with that too, as seeing people walking around in shorts and a bikini top in the snow or an elaborate heavy dress/coat with wool pants on in 80 degree weather is kind of weird. Smile

Exactly.. plus, it's still in the works, but being overly-dressed/under-dressed may or may not have an impact on your overall health.. i.e., under-dressed in the cold will freeze your ass off and hinder/hurt you, wearing a parka in the blistering sun will boil you. Wink

Maybe.. Confused
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jinx

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 7:48 am    Post subject:

A film camera. (or at least a polaroid) I guess it could be considered an antique, assuming that everything has gone digital (or something better) by then. Sad Even better, though, would be photo booths.

Maybe little non-functioning statuettes of significant inventions. Telephone, lightbulb. Or figures of important people in history. They could have little quotes etched on their bases.

There could be a store dedicated to how people used to portray aliens, and little models of UFOs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Geography, Maps & Travel » Terra Historia
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: