Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
#1 Thing
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » "Live" Discussions » #1 Thing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: #1 Thing

Two questions to pose. These will be hard, but tune it down to one thing for each question.

1. What's the #1 thing you want to see for your profession of choice in Live?

2. What's the #1 thing you want to see in general in Live?

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject:

1. Performers: music instrument crafting.

2. General: a much less inflated economy.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Moka

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject:

1.) More military style weapons for troopers

2.) General: a much less inflated economy.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject:

Nojn wrote:
Guardians - A profession that is actually worked on and completed with a dedicated GM, which it lacks...

erm, guardians are no more or less fleshed out than any other profession.

guardians have:
1) special unarmed moves
2) bonuses to some normal unarmed moves
3) meditations from level 1-100
4) special combat stances

all guardians don't have are sigils, which may be saved for live, anyway.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: #1 Thing

HR-Trevor wrote:
1. What's the #1 thing you want to see for your profession of choice in Live?

tailoring fleshed out to the point where everything made looks like it could have been a GMNPC alteration (this is already well along that way now).

Quote:
2. What's the #1 thing you want to see in general in Live?

i'll give an out of nowhere one! things like age/height/etc mattering more in various ways. like the new amusement park with the age and height restrictions (which i love). maybe some areas are for people 18 and under, or 50 and over, or a club won't let you in if you have dyed hair or no shoes, and a lot of other things that acknowledge your character's actual look.

even with, right now, most of the age/height things being something that prohibits yaru from going somewhere/doing something, stuff like that makes me feel like the GMs actually care about my character's age and take an effort to acknowledge it, which is a huge boost in RP-morale.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Nojn wrote:
While I appreciate your valued insight on the Guardian profession, Yaru. The post was made towards Trevor, not others. I am not up to speed on all professions as you, I know Guardians from experience. They have not had a dedicated GM for well over 2 years and have been stagnant, other than the recently released meditations, which were long overdue. They are the weakest of a combat class character that exists in Haelrahv, which might be from Trevor's choice, that I do not know. But thank you for showing all the moves, skills and bonuses I obviously overlooked while building Nojn over the years! I will look back and see what I overlooked!

anytime. meanwhile, i find it rather insulting to claim that word done by GMs who don't do just one profession doesn't count, mainly because it isn't like there are really any professions with just one GM, or a GM that does just that. beyond that, it's silly to say that what you want is development, because that's like saying "stuff" in reply to "what stuff do you want."

"i want a GM to do things" is insulting.
Wei Wao
Woah

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject:

1. It may be because I'm still such a young psionic, but I really don't have any complaints. The only thing I can think of that I'd like to see is more psi pages for sale. I remember being so excited when I found out it was possible to buy pages, then very disapointed when there was only one psi page.

2. One of the things I love so much about HR is the frequency that merchants and alterers come around. It's nice to have tools to expand and personalize the look of a character. I've heard mumurs about artisans and medics being able to aid in this in Live, but I'll still go ahead and say that what I would most like to see is more oppertunities to make our characters unique.

"That's not breakfast, that's a vendetta!"-Jimmy Shubert
 Back to top »
indigone
Mild mannered thinker

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject:

1. Psionics: "Shared vision", ability to share a vision of a memorized spot and summon a live person there. (I have about 10 things, you wanted one, I shall now therefore bite my virtual tongue, ow)

2. General: More benefits to group hunting, group foraging, group anything. This barely nosed out more challenge to hunting (read: more deaths)
"Woke up late one Thursday, and I'm seeing stars as I'm rubbing my eyes. And I felt like there were two days missing, as I focused on the time. And I made my way to the kitchen, but I had to stop from the shock of what I found, a room full of all of my friends dancing round and round and round. And I thought hello new shoes, Bye-Bye blues!"

- Paolo Nutini
 Back to top »
Cadoc

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject:

1) As for my profession, I am more than certain that this will be in live, but an in-depth contract system for Mercs. Hopefully there will be NPC contract and PC contracts. Ill just wait and see. Very Happy

2) As for in general in live, I am kinda at a loss on this one. I really like the game and all the work put into it. Also I am not sure if the skills are going to be in Live, like the animal handling, avation, or nautical. But I think it would be neat to have vechicals or animals to ride. Well just a thought. Anyhoo thats all I can think of.
 Back to top »
RLH

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject:

1. I just want there to be Attorneys. Maybe ones who specialize in different areas of law.

"The real issue isnt whether or not there is a morally acceptable amount of sex or violence, the real issue is; how can we put more sex in our violence?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Xavain Gramorham says, "Yet you wanted to marry Mellie."
You hear the voice of Yaru Dex say, "For her MONEY geez! Not her VA****!."
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject:

From Thorne:

Techs: Be able to create personal teleportation devices that can either be set to always take you back to CC or maybe you would have to establish your destination by going to that spot and then when you want to use it, you could teleport to that spot from whereever teleportation would be available. The PSDs could have like a 5 limit use before it destroys itself. Maybe a tech could be able to build a PSD with a higher limit as the tech gets bigger.

From Tao:

Trackers: Be able to breed and raise a variety critters to sell as pets. Maybe even try to mix breed the same species like:

a Chocolate aiba breeds with a Vanilla aiba. Their offspring woud either turn out as a chocolate and vanilla aiba or remain as a chocolate aiba or vanilla aiba.

General:

Would like to see pets grow up and maybe be able to hunt with you. Maybe have pet stations where you can leave your pets (for a fee of course). Would also be kewl to have an alignment set for pets too.
jade
Soldier of the '?'th Century

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject:

1) for troopers, in live, i think it would be great if they had a special attack form, but one that had a sensible professional application. my main interest is in something that would help them subdue a criminal.

grappling/groundfighting seems great for this. with mokas suggestion of trooper weaponry (tasers have been mentioned in the past), theres a lot of potential there, also.

2) in general, in live, i cant think of any new 'feature' i would care for. im willing to be surprised. taos pet personality idea seems neat, though.
You say, "For all, temperance."
You say, "But justice is worthy for its own sake."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Tao wrote:
Trackers: Be able to breed and raise a variety critters to sell as pets. Maybe even try to mix breed the same species like:

a Chocolate aiba breeds with a Vanilla aiba. Their offspring woud either turn out as a chocolate and vanilla aiba or remain as a chocolate aiba or vanilla aiba.

Oh man. Haelrahv really needs a system like this based on Mendelian Genetics. It'd be a biology major's wet dream to play with; true story. I'll totally tutor any Counselor willing to do this. Confused

It'd be such a great open-ended system, too. Come up with various dominant and recessive (and co-dominant!) traits that are then assigned to a list of various breeds (that players would have to PAFO). Anyone could dabble in animal husbandry, but only Trackers of x-level and skill can effectively cross-breed.

I need to stop.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject:

I deleted Nojn's posts per his request. I do want to make a statement about Guardians as a whole.

Guardians were blessed with a fantastic profession guru in Hunter. He's a damn fine man and he's a great coder. Unfortunately, for reasons that are not known to me, Hunter has essentially disappeared from Haelrahv. There are several reasons that play into why I didn't just assign someone else to the profession and leave it at that.

However, Guardians are not lacking. Sure, there's things that have been planned for a while that they don't have, like sigils. However, they have a lot going for them. Just a few of these include:

- They are a rare breed that can speed up their actions and run this speed boost almost all the time.

- They have received new meditations and can run more of them at once than ever before.

- They don't have to be burdened with the cost or weight of armor, because they receive tons of defensive bonuses, yet they have the option to wear armor anyway for magic armor bonuses.

- They are one of two professions with a natural stat boost and their boost of +20% charisma is double that of Bureaucrats (+10%).

- They receive tons of combat bonuses, making them vastly more powerful than most other professions in combat. In fact, if I were to conduct some in-depth tests, I'm willing to put money on the fact I'd find them overpowered in combat vs. some other professions that should be closer to their level of power.

- Their knockout punch is completely unique, nothing like it exists elsewhere.

- Their reliance on blunt attacks has caused a shift in balance unlike any other profession in the game. This shift works in the favor of Guardians.

Guardians are a very powerful profession. Perhaps they aren't as "flashy" as they would like to be, or perhaps the lack of development work up til recently has given the appearance the profession is lacking. But the bottom line is twofold: (1) We didn't "ignore" or choose to reduce dev on Guardians, it simply worked out that way. (2) Despite that, Guardians flourish as a combat class.

And for the record, I have nothing against Guardians. I came up with the very concept of the Guardian. Hell, in a way, they almost feel like a namesake to me. Back in the days of ye olde BBS, before anyone was really using the internet, the nickname I used on every BBS was "Guardian".

I think before people jump to slam the staff, or jump to conclusions about what our intentions are, they should consider that there's often a lot more to an issue than what you see before your eyes.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy

Last edited by HR-Trevor on Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
senseandviolets

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Artisans: Ability to tailor/craft items that give bonuses to stats/skills. (A *really* charming jacket, pants that are so comfortable you feel more agile, etc.), The bonus could (probably should) wear off over time and either need to be repaired, or replaced alltogether.

General: Along the same line as Yaru's suggestion, I'd like to see the climate affect pc's dependent upon clothing they are wearing, such as skill/stat penalties for wearing a heavy coat in the summer, or a bikini in the winter. (I could see armor being excepted from this for the sake of game play.)
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » "Live" Discussions » #1 Thing
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: