Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
#1 Thing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » "Live" Discussions » #1 Thing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hokius

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject:

1. For techs I'd like to see some more gadgets, preferably ones that would be more useful to the general populace. Between cyber-eyes and various forms of magical abilities almost no one has any use for the flashlights and communicators are readily bought a lot easier than they are built.

2. I would like PvP to come back!

You can't take a girl to the Library! What? It's free? Well that's not so bad then...--David Scully as Sergeant Johnson, Halo 2 Outtake
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tao

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Wow, being a guardian sounds really kewl. I'm a little jealous of the guardian abilities. Heh. I might have to start one up when I find the time.
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject:

1. I'd like to make many clones of myself so I can actually get most of the systems I have on paper coded into the game while taking care of a family, working a full-time job and trying to start my own business.

2. I'd like to have death mean more than just - "oh I'm dead some Medic revive me so I can go do xxxx again immediately and refill my pool". Way more. Scary more. Twisted Evil

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
epol
Self-Proclaimed Crown Jewel

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Okie dok...I'm a Guardian.

::takes a deep breath and glances around to see if anything is going to be thrown at him::

1) For my profession, I would like to see Guardians be able to guard others. I have read the argument against it in the past, that they are to solve disputes peacefully, which knockout does provide. But, I'd like to be able to have something that can help others. Being able to guard others in combat would be a good reason for someone to ask a Guardian to hunt with them, besides our charismatic personality. :Very Happy:

2) I agree with Faith. I'd like to see death mean something. Seriously mean something. I think death being brutal, would also add to the PvP justice concept, allowing severe pentalties for taking life. I think life should be precious and treated that way.
 Back to top »
Moka

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject:

Ummmm trooper have defend
epol
Self-Proclaimed Crown Jewel

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I know.

It was my #1 wish though. :Very Happy:
 Back to top »
SoulTorn
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject:

Took me a bit to think these up. You can also look at my SUGGEST entries(assuming my names are attached) and run any of those Razz

Quote:
And for the record, I have nothing against Guardians. I came up with the very concept of the Guardian. Hell, in a way, they almost feel like a namesake to me. Back in the days of ye olde BBS, before anyone was really using the internet, the nickname I used on every BBS was "Guardian".

Random trivia: It's also the account name he had on the play.net boards, which is where I first 'found him', while he was sticking up for the customers over the then-recent price hike. Razz

1)
Psionic: Some way to affect others with our positive powers. Also, less of those for others. Razz

Trooper: Ability to arrest NPCs and cart them off.(Ala MO. At least, I think that was there)

Mercenary: Contract system, for both PCs and NPCs.

2)
What Faith said. I think I've mentioned before how much pansy death/severe murder repercussions irks me. Razz

I'd also like a Counselor dedicated to being the Psionic Guru. No offense, Trevor(cuz you've been pretty awesome) but someone dedicated JUST to Psionics would be nice...but I figure that's a pretty obvious thing which is why it's down here. Wink

-Chris
Hubert

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject:

epol wrote:
Yeah, I know.

It was my #1 wish though. :Very Happy:

I agree with Epol. I LOVE being a Guardian, and I love the RP possibilities, but I am a little frustrated about the lack of being "needed". There are those that can provoke civilians into killing one another, but as a Guardian, I am unable to stop it. Yes, I know I could learn some kind of spellsong to make people all hug each other, but that requires an awful lot of skill that is outwith my professions core proficiencies.

To me, that kinda "soothing", based on Charisma more than level, would be a #1 "want", followed closely by the opportunity to use my agility, acrobatics, evasion and tactics ability to (try to) shield others from nasty critters.

Hubert
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject:

SoulTorn wrote:
Took me a bit to think these up. You can also look at my SUGGEST entries(assuming my names are attached) and run any of those Razz

SUGGEST does indeed record who made the suggestion, when, and where in case one's location is relevant. This is actually important to note in the case of BUGs which should always be done in the location where the bug occurred if possible.

Quote:
And for the record, I have nothing against Guardians. I came up with the very concept of the Guardian. Hell, in a way, they almost feel like a namesake to me. Back in the days of ye olde BBS, before anyone was really using the internet, the nickname I used on every BBS was "Guardian".

Yep, I had account name THEGUARDIAN on play.net (and on Eaxia later) when I got canned from Simutronics for posting about pricing as THEGUARDIAN.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
zamde
Maestro

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject:

Can someone clarify this whole "need" thing? Not trying to argue, I just don't have a clear picture of where the profession-validation thing is coming in.

Dixie Pierce says, "I heard Zamde can't have kids cause she lactates poison."

[Telepathy] Yaru Dex projects: I thought Zamde doesn't have kids because her womb is full of aisobs.

You can't spell "slaughter" without 'laughter'.

Llanfair Anti-Cyber Brigade Member #0000
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject:

I think it's a sort of social puzzle, and everyone wants to be a piece. And it was really part of our intent with HR (an intent that's fallen by the wayside a bit) to make professions more integral so that everyone needed someone else for certain things.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: #1 Thing

1. Animal empathy, including, but not limited to, calming aggressive animals (which we already have to an extent...but IMHO really needs an overhaul to make it useful), capturing animals, taming them and breeding them.

2. The armor crafting, weapon crafting and ammunition crafting systems get complete overhauls, including allowing Techs to build/repair pulse (and maybe exotic?) weapons, craftng armor that doesn't require 5 pieces to wear full coverage (yes I know it's more realistic - but it's not practical and it's kinda ugly), and I could just go on and on and on...but that's my dream. Having player-crafted armor, weaponry and ammunition that seriously blows (in both quality and ability to customize) anything store-bought and can equal if not best anything merchant quality as well.

I know you didn't ask for a second item...but my second would be the death thing.

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
However, Guardians are not lacking.

damn, i'd say. i was defending their development and didn't recognize half the stuff in that list. hah.

anyway, if it wasn't for wanting to play a non-combat class (yaru's all about non-combat, right? right.), i would have picked guardian because i'm a massive fan of monk-type classes.

personally, i think the difficulty that guardians (at least in my mind) face is the same thing that any combat oriented class in HR faces: there just isn't enough "stuff" to hunt. after a point it's almost nothing but scourges and kucho for the rest of a character's life. that does, in fairness, get boring. while a lot of artisan things cap out pretty fast (ie: before level 100), right now at psuedo-level 130 or so i'm still capable of moving ahead in at least armor crafting. so i have "more" to accomplish. save for killing thekko, most true combat classes cap out on what they can kill before level 100.

that said, i look at the creature list on the haelrahv wiki and go "holy shit can that come out now? that one? that one too? now now now?" and look forward like all hell for cool new things to fight.

senseandviolets wrote:
Artisans: Ability to tailor/craft items that give bonuses to stats/skills. (A *really* charming jacket, pants that are so comfortable you feel more agile, etc.), The bonus could (probably should) wear off over time and either need to be repaired, or replaced alltogether.

i would love love love for some cool clothing attachments that work similar to hiepahred, insignias, standards, and all the light armor goodness.
SoulTorn
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject:

Risheso, at least, are out there. Need some work, sure, but there's at least a basis for them.

I'm looking forward to lkeret hunting!

-Chris

PS: Echoing some Guardian jealousy!
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject:

SoulTorn wrote:
Risheso, at least, are out there. Need some work, sure, but there's at least a basis for them.

i'd love to be able to hunt risheso, just because i want their skins. THEIR SKINS!

i'd also love Labrodas (i want silks to spin!), Cahic (more silk + armor enhancement coolness!), and Xareisar-cahic (armor!).

okay, maybe Komnagon too.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » "Live" Discussions » #1 Thing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: