FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Explicit/Mature Area Poll
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Polls » Explicit/Mature Area Poll
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Creating new areas intended specifically for mature content and behavior is a ...
Good Idea
53%
 53%  [ 26 ]
Bad Idea
46%
 46%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 49

HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject:

indigone wrote:
Mickey just said PvP/Justice was turned on, and I had voted no anyway in hopes this would happen. So yay.

Whoa whoa, slow down, motorscooter. I meant that I'm going to be in charge of rewriting it so that it works better. Don't rush me. <grin>

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
indigone
Mild mannered thinker

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject:

HR-Mickey wrote:
indigone wrote:
Mickey just said PvP/Justice was turned on, and I had voted no anyway in hopes this would happen. So yay.

Whoa whoa, slow down, motorscooter. I meant that I'm going to be in charge of rewriting it so that it works better. Don't rush me. <grin>

What's taking so long, I got people to kill!

Kidding, and for my final disclaimer:

*not turned on, going to be worked on, er... I knew what I was thinking! Read my mind already!
"Woke up late one Thursday, and I'm seeing stars as I'm rubbing my eyes. And I felt like there were two days missing, as I focused on the time. And I made my way to the kitchen, but I had to stop from the shock of what I found, a room full of all of my friends dancing round and round and round. And I thought hello new shoes, Bye-Bye blues!"

- Paolo Nutini
 Back to top »
ZANQUINRAKEL

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject:

I have to respond to that... a psionic wishes for us to read her mind? You are too cute, Xil.[/quote]

"You watched it, you can't UN-watch it!"
 Back to top »
HR-Hannah

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject:

I found that ironic also. Laughing
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject:

along with whatever justice stuff is there, i'd stll love to be able to REPORT or something when people are screwing in public.

not all of us sadly play deviant evil people. bad enough i can't keep my alignment up Sad
Hokius

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject:

OK...I'm gonna throw my two cents out there and see what kinds of noises they make. First off while reading this whole thing all I can think about is "The Justice System". I am for a type of 'restriction' on the public sex acts. But I would prefer it be more IC...my thinking is somewhat similar to the way the PvP was before...if you do it within the government boundaries (excluding of course any special areas, such as the strip clubs and whatnot),you're breaking the laws and the troopers can run you down. I have a lot more ideas on how the law stuff can work...but that's for another thread.
As far as I know almost every government in the world, if not all of them, have public decency laws and I don't see why Haelrahv should be any different. As others have said, this game is not JUST for sex. It can, and should, include it, but there are other things about this game, including but not limited to people who don't want to have to see it everywhere and plain civlization which, in turn, means politeness and laws. Not to mention all the other wonderful things there are to do, i.e. hunting, alchemy and the like.
This is an awesome game for the huge variety and great RPing it offers, and it sucks that people are leaving because they can't find anyone who wants to RP other than having sex, which I would argue is not even RPing unless you do other things. After all, no one has sex 24/7.

You can't take a girl to the Library! What? It's free? Well that's not so bad then...--David Scully as Sergeant Johnson, Halo 2 Outtake
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Hokius wrote:
But I would prefer it be more IC...my thinking is somewhat similar to the way the PvP was before...if you do it within the government boundaries (excluding of course any special areas, such as the strip clubs and whatnot),you're breaking the laws and the troopers can run you down.

Truth be told, I would prefer that idea over everything else offered so far; the principle problem though is that coding it isn't what I'd call viable. There's no real means of catching "sexual activity" without preprogramming certain 'criteria' triggers (read: specific words) that would not only be easily defeatable, but likely to go off for all the wrong reasons.

Quote:
I have a lot more ideas on how the law stuff can work...but that's for another thread.

Hang tight, I'll probably get the Justice idea thread going sometime this evening.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
Hokius

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
There's no real means of catching "sexual activity" without preprogramming certain 'criteria' triggers (read: specific words) that would not only be easily defeatable, but likely to go off for all the wrong reasons.

Well...we could at least do it for player reporting? As far as players possibly reporting for the wrong reasons...that's part of my justice ideas.

Quote:
Hang tight, I'll probably get the Justice idea thread going sometime this evening.

Don't rush your justice system thread...I'm patient...I just feel the need to announce that I have ideas...it's not a frequent occurence Twisted Evil

You can't take a girl to the Library! What? It's free? Well that's not so bad then...--David Scully as Sergeant Johnson, Halo 2 Outtake
 Back to top »
Xavain

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject:

I voted no. I agree people should be more conciderate and not force others to watch them having sex. However, I've also seen what happens when policy starts restricting things. Such as receiving a warning in another game from a staff member for saying bastard sword. Bastard set off a flag or something I assume, however that was the name of the sword in the game. If you tapped it you were tapping a bastard sword. A small thing, but i'm hoping it gets my point across clearly. <shrugs>

*edit* I think those that wish to have sex in public should do so in whispers rather than acting it out where everyone can see. You still get your kick of envisioning people seeing you but others aren't put upon by doing so.
 Back to top »
wildlandsong

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Thank you Alexi

I voted no, not because I object to new areas being added for either purists or hedonists but because I feel we all need to learn to work together and cooperate. We have a wonderful gaming environment. If you want to rate it R and then make G areas or X areas thats fine but the true solution is communication, consideration and compromise.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject:

I just wanted to chime in to post a few notes on the rating/censor proposal made.

- The proposal is not final, I am carefully reading the posts on this forum.

- No one would be warned for saying 'bastard sword', or even bastard. Or shit. Or fuck. - anywhere. No one would be warned for kissing or snogging or acting out a sensual but reasonably tame act.

- Any action taken would be for the more extreme behavior, such as outright fucking in public in inappropriate regions of the game, or being very abusive/vulgar on public channels.

- Staff would decide on violations in concert, no GM deciding on his or her own. If no majority opinion can be formed, the player is assumed NOT in violation of any policy.

- The proposed new areas would not be labeled as whore islands or anything of the like. Some could be blatantly sexual such as a strip club, but others could be amazingly subtle such as a Aiteo Forest, Gunnjogo Caverns, Rihli Beach, just to make up some names. They'd just be flagged as acceptable for any social behavior desired, no restrictions.

- The method players are cited for violation is not decided. It could be a policy warning but it could also be an in game mechanic such as justice arrests/fines. If policy warnings are used, that does not mean that they would be bans, or that the punishments would be anything like handling for more serious infractions such as AFK scripting or bug abuse.

- This "PG-13" label being applied is someone else's term, not mine. I think it's biased and inappropriate. There's a hell of a lot you can still do in the 'censored' rooms in this proposal, you just can't go off the deep end on people, or fuck in the streets.

As to justice, I do want to remind everyone that it has its own perils. I think some are looking at censorship and running the other way toward justice, and I can understand why. However, it can be really damned annoying if you have someone kicking the shit out of you every time they see you just because you were fucking in a public room the other day. Even with justice in place, the ability to kill players will exist and be viable. Otherwise, why have PvP? So, players should consider that if you aren't bound by rules on where you can screw and others aren't bound on rules on when and how often they can kill, this can get quite messy and you might find yourself not playing the game the way you want to anyway.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Xavain

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
- No one would be warned for saying 'bastard sword', or even bastard. Or shit. Or fuck. - anywhere. No one would be warned for kissing or snogging or acting out a sensual but reasonably tame act.

Just to be clear, I didn't think the word bastard would be a big deal, was just trying to make a blatantly obvious example. I'm sure in that realm it didn't start out so repressed, however in trying to meet the majority it became so. Really, that's my only worry. Years down the line we look back and go "what the hell happened to all those wonderful freedoms?"
 Back to top »
ZANQUINRAKEL

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Very good points, Trevor. I worry that it will be two factions fighting and murdering in the streets, and I personally don't want to see THAT. I don't think your current idea is unreasonable, I just fear the same as I do with justice. That the extremists on both sides with use and abuse it. Some of this may seem rather petty, and probably is, but I know of one player previously lost who shouldn't have been lost, and that was Sage. I do not want to see more go because someone just had to have their way and beat everyone else into the ground because they are incapable of sympathy or compromise.

I continue to hope we can overcome this.

"You watched it, you can't UN-watch it!"
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Xavain wrote:
I'm sure in that realm it didn't start out so repressed, however in trying to meet the majority it became so. Really, that's my only worry. Years down the line we look back and go "what the hell happened to all those wonderful freedoms?"

seriously trevor, i agree. if you don't let people have sex in the streets, then george bush has his platform for outlawing free speach and sending them all to terrorism island. there's absolutely no difference between an online game that doesn't influence reality at all and, you know, actual society. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Xavain wrote:
HR-Trevor wrote:

Just to be clear, I didn't think the word bastard would be a big deal, was just trying to make a blatantly obvious example. I'm sure in that realm it didn't start out so repressed, however in trying to meet the majority it became so. Really, that's my only worry. Years down the line we look back and go "what the hell happened to all those wonderful freedoms?"

I played DR from beta, and I played GS3 from well before DR opened. It was always that repressed. Before DR even opened, I was warned for whispering "fuck!" to my RL brother's character in GS3 when a troll injured me badly.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Polls » Explicit/Mature Area Poll
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: