FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Explicit/Mature Area Poll
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Polls » Explicit/Mature Area Poll
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Creating new areas intended specifically for mature content and behavior is a ...
Good Idea
53%
 53%  [ 26 ]
Bad Idea
46%
 46%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 49

HR-Hannah

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject:

I would like it back too but we are talking massive coding on two systems. Combat and justice. I know it was brought up in the other thread and I can say (having some coding experience) I wouldn't touch either. It is going to be a massive project and I honestly do not envy the staffer with it.
 Back to top »
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject:

I voted yes, and not because I want to see people "banned from sexual content in most of the game" but because we all have rights as players and we need to learn to compromise and be able to sit down like adults and respect each others desires.

I think that if we build new areas that allow more sexual freedoms, that hopefully people will enjoy the areas and be able to act out their fantasies or whatever in an environment that a.won't get them killed (when pvp comes back) and b.allows for ALL players to be able to enjoy the game in the way that THEY want.
You forcefully swing your fluffy pillow at Trevor Rage and hit him on the rear sending feathers flying everywhere!
Your swing knocked Trevor Rage down!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Back to top »
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject:

I voted no simply because I'd rather see IC ways of dealing with this issue...not because I'm against any restrictions at all.

Even if it's not the Justice system yet...anything IC would be better (to me) than OOC restrictions and policies.

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nelle
Ooh Nuuurse..

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject:

I voted no because it means taking up more GM time to create new areas when there are already areas that people could be encouraged to go to. The entire Underground is the type of area that people could be encouraged to go to, and a little education could go a long way. I'm also much more biased to player policing and PvP coming back.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject:

i voted yes because the people doing this are fucking two year olds who won't follow IC rules anyway.

remarks of "but we don't wanna go to an innnnnnn" or "but YOU can moveeeee" and "this is as bad as the abortionnnnnnnn debatessssss" makes me believe that their heels are dug in and anything done to stop them from trying to screw in a damn computer game is seen as a severe blow to their sex lives.
Armande

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject:

I can see both sides of the argument. I can see the fence the Trevor has to negotiate.

Having new places to go to have adult type fun is good.
Having the rest of the world set as pg-13 is bad.

Any type of censorship, no matter how small, no matter how slight, is still censorship.

We don't really have discourses here, we have juvenile name calling. Ranting instead of discussions.

If the new areas proposed would put us out on whore island, then definitely a very very bad idea. That goes from censorship to segregation. Long live apartheid.

If the new areas proposed are next to already established shops, then I see it as a good thing.

But putting the world as a whole into various little sub spots where you can say a bad thing and get punished for it. Will I be in some nudist beach and be free to say what I want to say? Or will I be heard by those others on the same beach or in Jimbo's Booby Bar but not by the public?

What do you mean by areas? I think a bit more clarity from the powers that be could put more of the general sub-cultures mind to ease that we are not being discriminated or segragated or what have you.

We are all passionate people here, but we, most of us, are rational as well. Could we have more facts on what is proposed?

Thank you for reading.
 Back to top »
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
If the new areas proposed would put us out on whore island, then definitely a very very bad idea. That goes from censorship to segregation. Long live apartheid

I'll post it here too where i meant to in the first place....

but to say you're going to be shipped to "whore island" is a slap in the face to every GM and Trevor.
You forcefully swing your fluffy pillow at Trevor Rage and hit him on the rear sending feathers flying everywhere!
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Armande wrote:
Any type of censorship, no matter how small, no matter how slight, is still censorship.

beyond the other obvious "OMG LIEK BLACKS ONLY FOUNTAINSYSD" mindfucks in here, can you please try and separate the difference between censorship and just being polite?

seriously, i don't want to see you fuck IRL, i don't want to see you fuck in a game.

i just don't want to see you fuck.

you can fuck in a house. you can fuck in an inn. you can fuck in the adult-oriented beau-made champange room of the ultra-adult rainbow connection lounge. just don't fuck in public game spaces.

is it that hard to just not cyber in public spaces?
Alexi

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: long winded - big surprise

De ja vu? A word of warning or two. This is fairly long and I won't be around until friday night to respond.

I would like to put forth a call to compromise as well as one to step back and let tempers cool before anything gets out of hand. I'll throw out a suggestion then the reasons underlying it.

The suggestion: That we cooperate as players and citizens of Haelrahv to come up with a solution that works for everyone, that means compromise by all perhaps but for the ever popular greater good.

Cooperation and compromise is a simple recognition of two undeniable facts: First, that Trevor need not ask anyone what they want he can act unilaterally so long as he is willing to pay the consequences of that action; Second, and what I believe to be more important, that we are a community and without each other might as well be playing our x-boxes and as such common courtesy and respect for differences is necessary. And finally, that all rights in HR game play are in fact privileges and those come with equal responsibility.

We've all seen just how well we can work together cooperatively just recently. Each player is a person that, whatever one's personal opinions of them, deserves a fair degree of respect. I've seen talk of the right to do what people want to however they want. When used as a justification for behavior that is knowingly unwanted by some it really is only saying that "MY" rights are more important than others. Well, with rights (and privileges) come responsibility. And here that is the responsibility to act with due regard to our neighbors. Every citizen in Haelrahv is a neighbor in a very small community. One I don't want to see get any smaller.

Haelrahv, despite some desires to the contray by some, is not an x-rated RPG. There are plenty out there, free and otherwise that are specifically for that purpose for every kink under the sun. I know, I've tried most of them and still can't get laid (cyber speaking). Haelrahv is an RPG that has allowed its players, its citizens, the freedom to enjoy privileges that other RPG worlds like Dragonrealms, etc., discourage if not deny outright. But it is not just a place to have sex, that's not what it's here for. Nor is it a place where adult activity is unwelcome or denied a forum.

I for one don't want those privileges that make Haelrahv so special denied us all. And certainly not because some people won't compromise when all it really takes is the application of some common courtesy.

So I ask, just how hard is it to respect someone's reasonable request not to have sex in public places when it is brought to the participants attention that it is unwelcome? Similarly, how difficult to let someone know that one is in hiding (lurking or idle) in public places so the participants have an opportunity to move elsewhere? Generally speaking, the sex is about, well, sex and opportunity, not about annoying others. Using cybersex as a means to harass someone in any manifestation is never something that should be encouraged or allowed.

When I first heard all the talk about sex in public I was picturing people wildly going at it in the middle of CC in front of unwilling audiences for the ever popular reason "because we can". Honestly, I believe that's just plain rude to subject others to any behavior that is knowlingly offensive to them. (Surely the sex would be better without the heckling?) We have all heard by now about the few incidents where exactly that happened. I don't agree with it, and I doubt there's anyone in HR that doesn't know that why I disagree has nothing to do with cybersex and everything to do with the deplorable breach of manners. Similarly, I don't agree with demands to not express any adult behavior publically. And what is considered 'public sex'? Some people are highly sensitive to any sexual contact or behavior that has sexual overtones. Snogging is sexual as are many of the poses given to married couples to use. We all know that there is once again a growing bdsm group in HR, as part of that lifestyle some will kneel or otherwise show deference to others. To some people that is highly offensive. To many it is part of who they are in their Role Playing. To some the mere thought of two people of the same sex being intimate is enough to give them heart attacks. Not hard to figure out how I feel about that sort of thinking. So, in the call for a compromise is inherent requirement for reason (moderation and a recognition that reasonable minds will differ) and clear communication.

So, a call to reason, and dialogue. For common courtesy from unintended audiences and participants alike. Not because we are worried about what might happen if the decision is taken out of our hands but because it's the diversity of the community of people that makes HR what it is and a place where we want to spend our time - together.

One last note - mostly - I don't ever believe in separate but equal as a viable alternative in any world. I do however believe in equal access. If Trevor is offering to create or designate a place or places for explicit sexual activity then I am all for it, as I would he he wanted to create no-sex areas keeping the majority of the world as it currently is and relying on the discretion of players to cooperate. But more important than what places or whose, we have to agree amongst ourselves to not make those places a measuring stick of someone's worth. Not a ghetto or place to be pushed off to, but rather a new hangout where people of like-minds can go to interact without censure.

Respectfully tossed out for consideration,
Alexi
 Back to top »
zamde
Maestro

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Armande wrote:
If the new areas proposed would put us out on whore island, then definitely a very very bad idea. That goes from censorship to segregation. Long live apartheid.

Believe that I understand your point, but you're going to make me drag out the PVP card now.

Let's assume, I don't know, 5000 rooms in the entire game? How many of those rooms were elegated to let people attack one another both times PvP has been banned? One. A single, sad and lonely room. And it's not even to the death.

Now put it in perspective. Before this whole thing blew up, some people said, Hey, rutters, we're not cool with what you're doing, so could you please contain your activities to... 500? 1000? of the available private rooms?

Which was met with an epic gasp of indignation. "ONLY 500 ROOMS? NEVER! I will whip it out when and where it pleases me, you politically-correct fuddy duddies and your non-sexual bibles!"

And because that compromise couldn't be met, things got hotter, people get angrier, and now the game is going to be divided by ratings. Way to go on the dragging of the feet because 500 rooms just wasn't good enough.

P.S. We're still making due with one room, so one could draw the conclusion that the pro-PVP camp is 500 times more mature than the pro-public-sexers.

Dixie Pierce says, "I heard Zamde can't have kids cause she lactates poison."

[Telepathy] Yaru Dex projects: I thought Zamde doesn't have kids because her womb is full of aisobs.

You can't spell "slaughter" without 'laughter'.

Llanfair Anti-Cyber Brigade Member #0000
 Back to top »
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Alexi I must say... wow, very well put. I concur with you all the way.
 Back to top »
HR-Hannah

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject:

I see the point behind Armande's post, wanting more information and I agree with that and second it. I do believe it would help everyone, even those against the idea to "have" more information.
 Back to top »
Hubert

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Alexi has expressed in a most eloquent manner the feelings and opinions I found difficult to express.

Respect to Alexi, and to all others, as respect is at the heart of this.

Hubert
 Back to top »
ZANQUINRAKEL

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Thank you Alexi! I am glad you said it. I tried, along with Mellie, to suggest simple courtesy, but again it goes unnoticed. I know some who if censorship starts they will leave. I don't want anyone to leave, not Haidee, not Alexi, no one. If we could compromise, I know we could find a solution. Let me explain better so people don't misunderstand.

Some new places would be fine. I have always thought the Rainbow needed some more life to it. And I prefer we police ourselves as opposed to restrictions. If you are going to enforce this, then when Justice is restored, it should be left to us. I understand with Justice down, many can't react as they would. But I would recommend one thing- if you make these places, those who do not care for such behavior should avoid them, and if they have any complaints... they wanted these places made. We shouldn't have to listen to complaints in those areas. I don't go to a duel and complain because I saw Mellie behead someone. If the consensus decides to go ahead with this, I know I don't want to be tormented while in my 'court-ordered area'. And yes, I did mean that in a bad way, because if we don't do this right, no one will be happy, and it will have been all in vain.

"You watched it, you can't UN-watch it!"
 Back to top »
indigone
Mild mannered thinker

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Mickey just said PvP/Justice was turned on, and I had voted no anyway in hopes this would happen. So yay.

Just to clarify the things I have said in previous posts, so you don't all think the wrong thing of me, as I feel like my words were twisted around in my mouth so badly, my tongue is cramped.

*No, it's not too hard to go someplace private. I never said I thought it was OK to do things in front of people.

*I never proclaimed any rights in any of my posts.

*I never meant to compare the importance of cybersex to abortion rights, only the badnaming and hatefulness. If anyone surmised that, it was a twist of my words, and I apologize.

*I, personally, would rather die than offend someone, or have someone see what I do when I think I'm in private.

With that said, once PvP is turned back on, I hope that the anger on these boards isn't carried into the game.

Xil
"Woke up late one Thursday, and I'm seeing stars as I'm rubbing my eyes. And I felt like there were two days missing, as I focused on the time. And I made my way to the kitchen, but I had to stop from the shock of what I found, a room full of all of my friends dancing round and round and round. And I thought hello new shoes, Bye-Bye blues!"

- Paolo Nutini
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Polls » Explicit/Mature Area Poll
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: