FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Alchemy Nskills
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Test Instance - New Skill System » Alchemy Nskills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgana

Post Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Alchemy Nskills

After coming across stoves in the labs with tons of archer arrows on them, in units of one to four, I did some experiments.

We get experience and Nskills for putting things on the stove. We only get experience (no Nskill) for taking things off the stove. We receive the same amount of Nskills whether it's a full bundle or just one unit. This is letting some "cheat" the Nskill system.

I think it would be better if we were given Nskills for the RT of taking things off the stove, rather then putting things on the stove with no RT. I think this will help prevent abusing Nskills when they finally are implemented or at the very least make us work for the nskill experience.
Tao

Post Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Heh, someone is still doing that? I think they are just trying to fill their heads but I do agree that its an abuse. Man, what a waste. That's sorta like money lost.
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject:

Don't you have a lab of your own?

Oh, and not that it really matters at this point, since nskills aren't going to matter in beta (to my knowledge), but we don't get nskills for combining/separating.

We also don't get any cooking nskills for actually cooking, just for butchering...which means (for me) that Dzynna (who has 0 cooking skill) has more cooking nskill than Riwa (who cooks great).

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Morgana

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Don't you have a lab of your own?

Yes Morgana has a lab of her own. Not all my characters have access to said lab. Not sure what your point is about that.

Quote:
since nskills aren't going to matter in beta

I figured if I brought it up now before nskills went into effect, then it could be fixed before it became a much bigger problem.

Quote:
but we don't get nskills for combining/separating.

That could easily be abused also. I wouldn't want that as alchemy, like those silly mech stones in another game. It is just a suggestion for a fix to have the nskill applied to the RT of taking it off the stove, we don't get any nskills there, rather then putting it on the stove where there is no RT.

Quote:
We also don't get any cooking nskills for actually cooking, just for butchering.

I don't cook, I only saw the alchemy part, especially when there was so many arrows just left for the janitor on the stove. I definately see it as an abuse, that should get attention. Cooking will probably get the same once over.
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject:

In another active topic that I think you all have posted in, or at least read, you know that cooking is going to get a revamp in Live, so I don't think the Nskills of that is going to be an issue.
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Morgana

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject:

I've no clue on cooking. I was just suggesting that alchemy nskills should be applied to the RT of removing things off the stove instead of putting things on.

For that matter even the experience we gain now when putting items on the stove, should probably be removed. Just get the experience and the nskills with the RT of taking it off the stove.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject:

The only problem I can see is if someone takes something off a stove when it's finished... and that person isn't the one that put it on there to begin with. The RT could be seen as a way to prevent someone from running into your lab and stealing your junk and experience, but there's nothing in place (that I'm aware of) that lets you remove someone from your lab. From your home, maybe (I really don't know if there is one), but not the public labs.

It's easily abusable either way, I guess.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Nope, you can boot people from a lab.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Or lock doors!
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Well, then, nevermind.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Morgana wrote:
Yes Morgana has a lab of her own. Not all my characters have access to said lab. Not sure what your point is about that.

It was simply an observation, not an accusation.

Morgana wrote:
Quote:
since nskills aren't going to matter in beta

I figured if I brought it up now before nskills went into effect, then it could be fixed before it became a much bigger problem.

You're responding to something that wasn't directed at you. Again, it was an observation, not an accusation.

Morgana wrote:
Quote:
but we don't get nskills for combining/separating.

That could easily be abused also. I wouldn't want that as alchemy, like those silly mech stones in another game. It is just a suggestion for a fix to have the nskill applied to the RT of taking it off the stove, we don't get any nskills there, rather then putting it on the stove where there is no RT.

I believe if we shouldn't get experience for it (specifically referring to combining and separating), then there shouldn't be RT associated with it. Granted I don't think it should be much, but I do think we should get some. Given that we get general experience for it already, I don't think it's too far-fetched to ask for nskill gain in Live.

As for the cooking stuff - yes, it's in another thread and I shouldn't have posted about it here. Sorry to all for thread hi-jacking.

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Sorry to all for thread hi-jacking.

Yeah, you BEST be sorry! *kicks Dzy in the shins and runs*
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Test Instance - New Skill System » Alchemy Nskills
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: