FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Stoves and cooking
Goto page Previous  1, 2
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player Homes » Stoves and cooking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
It is my intent (and probably the intent of several staff members) that we have an actual, proper cooking system in Live.

Coolness. Very Happy

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hubert

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Will there also be an Eating system?

I mean -- and apologies if I'm flogging a deceased horse -- will there be a need to eat and drink to stay alive?

Hubert
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Hubert wrote:

I mean -- and apologies if I'm flogging a deceased horse -- will there be a need to eat and drink to stay alive?

i strongly doubt it.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject:

http://www.haelrahv.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=195&highlight=required+eat

Dun dun dun.

Don't know how valid that discussion still is, though.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Hubert wrote:

Here's a more recent discussion of the food issue, but there wasn't really a official response that I saw.

http://www.haelrahv.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?p=34335&highlight=food
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Xavain

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Hubert wrote:

God I hope not, I understand the need for a certain amount of realism but I always hated that in games. Ahh well, we shall see.
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject:

I didn't follow either of those links, but I know we had plans (it was something I'd personally wanted to get dirty in not too long ago... but forgot) to have eating at least benefit more than not.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tao

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Now I'm curious Mickey. How many people can you eat before you are full? Laughing
Hubert

Post Posted: Sat May 27, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject:

Xavain wrote:

God I hope not, I understand the need for a certain amount of realism but I always hated that in games. Ahh well, we shall see.

Fair point. I would like the realism but I can see some of the drawbacks of it as outlined in the other threads.

Was just wondering...

Hubert
 Back to top »
HR-Hannah

Post Posted: Sat May 27, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject:

My personal opinion is that it would be more trouble than it would be worth. Requiring food consumption that is. Not only is it a pain in the butt, for most players, it practically screams "script". For those who idle, they would practically have to script drinking and eating and in my opinion afk scripting of any type is a no no.
 Back to top »
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Sat May 27, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Personally, I'm of the same opinion as Hannah.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject:

The official line on this issue is that food will not be required to keep your character alive. Eating occasionally will benefit your character, and failing to eat for very long time periods will hinder your character. However, we're talking great spans of time, as we look to make this a game element but not a nuisance. We're looking to add depth to the game, not go for a fully realistic sim.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject:

Beating a dead horse .... again.

This was the only post I could find relatively quickly on the subject, so I decided to steal it. Since this era of Haelrahv is the new Live, can we expect to have a cooking system come into play? I'm not saying right this minute, gimme, gimme, gimme, but sometime in the near future? At least more options with what can be cooked on grills/stoves. I personally love cooking both IRL and IG, but it's nearly a dead skill as few people actively eat and it's mostly just one of those "for the hell of it" skills.

In the event cooking does get released, I'd really like to see it have an application outside of PC to PC because, unless there's a need for it, most people won't eat. What I was thinking was maybe like little quests, or work, similar to the trooper defense/guard duty thing. You go in, ask the Chef on duty if he/she needs help, they yell yes, and you get a few orders to take part in, resulting in something on a sliding scale. For instance, you jump in to help Chef Xicca and get a total of four orders. First one is an argabu steak and mashed <insert> and you make an exquisite steak and mashed something meal. Second order is a breast of aerok with rice and you make it okay. Third you do exquisitely, and fourth you just tank on and barely make some edible food. At the very end of the "quest" Chef Xicca comes up to you and, through a mathematical equation on a sliding point scale which takes various things into account, says, "You know, Vae, you did a decent job out there tonight. Here's a little bit of the money we made for your troubles."

A few things that I would personally like seeing in a system like this is being "graded" on quickness, quality, and accuracy. I see it where you go in and have a certain amount of time before you start getting docked points on quickness. So, you could just whip up your food as fast as possible and just hand out whatever, or you could take a little more time to get the BEST food out. For quality, again, different factors involved. Is each part of the meal prepared exquisitely? Decently? Poorly? I'd add presentation, but that might become too in-depth. The higher the quality, the more points awarded. And finally accuracy. Did you make the meal correctly? Accidentally cook the steak rare or well-done instead of medium rare? Forget to put on the loshei berry glaze on the aerok breast, or accidentally put on chogalog berry glaze instead? This should be the easiest category to get maximum points in, and as such, also counts the least in the total point score.

I'm not sure if the trooper stuff gives out "prizes" for accomplishments, but I wouldn't object to seeing either A) new cooking titles come out of a system like this, B) Chef gear (apron, hat, knives, spatula, pans, etc), or C) some type of renown that nets you something else. Maybe opens up more areas you can go to help in of varying difficulty.

Pretty much all I can think of short-term, but I could easily come up with more with some proper brainstorming if a GM is interested.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player Homes » Stoves and cooking
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: