FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
The New Beginning Poll
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » "Live" Discussions » The New Beginning Poll
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which of these two options would you prefer?
Losing 50-75% of experience in the 'Live' transition to give a 'new beginning' feel
89%
 89%  [ 33 ]
Having two versions of HR, one with a small experience loss, and one with full experience loss
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 37

Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject:

Profession and skill titles are undoubtedly going to go through a revision (if not a huge overhaul) when they start working on them for Live.

Special titles, I would think, would be wiped.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Hokius wrote:
Question: What's gonna happen to the title's we've accrued through quests, special events, and/or skills/professions?

They'll likely be lost. There's no technical reason they couldn't carry over, but they seem out of genre/character or at least out of touch.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject:

I'd like Option 3 please. Unique item, 1 version of the game and no exp transferred.

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Symbolis

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject:

I agree with Dzynna.

How...odd.
 Back to top »
Milan Fiori

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject:

I know my opinion probably means the least since I haven't even been playing the game a month yet. But I know was really discouraged at first, when I came into the game, and more than half the population was level 100+.

The game I used to play, wiped all experience but gave out a Crown of Laurels in Gold, Silver or Bronze depending on when you joined. I know it doesn't seem like much, but they came to be really loved, and envied by those who didn't have them. You could do something like that, but since you have item bonus' and what not, you could easily give them like +1,+2, or +3 to all stats or something.

If Live was to come tomorrow, I'd already feel at a disadvantage simply because most people know more about the new planned systems than I do. So I'd be there totally lost, while everyone else is about their way, with at least a general idea of what's going on. If you add in, they're now also 20, 30, or 50 levels above me right off the bat, basically killing any chance for me to get a jump start on anything, why do I want to stick around again?
 Back to top »
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject:

This thread is just shy of a year old you know.

That said, I'm fairly certain many, many things about the proposed Live version of HR are going to be varied and different then what was suggested back in May of 2006. And come to think of it, I think there was a poll on a new experience curve just a month or so ago, and other threads about experience in general.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
 Back to top »
Milan Fiori

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject:

So? It's still a thread asking for opinions, and I gave it. Of course, if I was to reach level 100 or even get to 60 or 70 before live, I'd probably have a change of heart.
 Back to top »
Xavain

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately, your opinion seems to be that if my character sucks so should everyone elses so that things will be "equal". Notice, I said seems. If I'm wrong I'd love to hear a clarification.
 Back to top »
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The game I used to play, wiped all experience but gave out a Crown of Laurels in Gold, Silver or Bronze depending on when you joined.

As I recall, no one had played 3, 4 or 5 years in that game, before everything was wiped out. I just barely missed the laurels and I'd only been there a few months.

Definitely some agree with no experience when we go to LIVE, but I choose to differ. I"ve played 4 years in HR, I'd expect to have 100th level characters. I also had them in the game you're talking about, and would have disagreed yet again if they decided to go "Live" and wiped out all my experience after 6 or 7 years playing.

Opinions are what they are, I appreciate hearing everyone's and I do listen when folks post. But I hope we agree to disagree, at least for now Milan. We can only voice our opinions, I'm glad you're voicing yours. We'll all find a way to deal with LIVE when it happens, I know I'll figure a way even if I disagree with experience or training or whatever.

I'm SOOOOO ready for HR LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Are half our players in HR really over 100th? Rolling Eyes
Milan Fiori

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject:

I have no doubt my opinion would change if I had been playing for the last 3 or 4 years. But as of right now it I haven't. And it -is- discouraging being in such a high leveled game. I've gotten over it, but I'm sure there are other people who leave the game because of it.
 Back to top »
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject:

I think that that was one of the reasons PvP was disabled, honestly.

I know a lot of people who have not one, but two or three 100 level characters, so it's a fairly accurate assumption that of all the -active- players who play at least once or twice a week there are say 3/4 over level 50, and of that amount I'd say about half are at or above one hundred. I know most of my friends are at least 120 and some are up near 200. Of all the people I know, including alts, maybe five of them are under level thirty or just at that mark.

Sure, it is discouraging every now and again to have -everyone- a hundred times better then you, and yes, it makes RPing difficult because you can't very well take on the same creatures your accomplices can. But that is really going to happen no matter what in every MUD out there. There will be some people who've played from the very beginning, or damn near, who will always be a higher level, and rightly so (unless they get bored and reroll like I did a buuuunch of times in the other unmentioned game and in HR, too). There will always be contenstion between the higher levels who have everything, and the lower levels who have very little. And think of the GM's. They go through all that hardwork to make sure every SRRP (staff run role playing) is open for -every- person of -every- level. It's just an aspect of every game imaginable, and you really just have a) get used to it, b) work like hell to change, or c) just don't give a damn and enjoy the game for what it is, or d) leave.

There are some people who unfortunately take the last option, and it's a shame to see them leave. In my opinion, it's also a shame to see the people who take on the 'b' option, because then it cuts back on RP and makes the game less fulfilling (again, completely IMHO). So, after this very long-winded post, what can we do to make it enjoyable to everyone?

You find an answer, make sure to let everyone know. Personally, the idea where so and so gets an exp boost for so many levels seems to be the most fair of everything that's been suggested.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
 Back to top »
Xavain

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Milan Fiori wrote:
I have no doubt my opinion would change if I had been playing for the last 3 or 4 years. But as of right now it I haven't. And it -is- discouraging being in such a high leveled game. I've gotten over it, but I'm sure there are other people who leave the game because of it.

So, if this was live and people had been playing 3 or 4 years building their chars you'd want the game reset because you join? I'm sorry but live or beta, there will always be someone better than you. Some one that started with the game and hasn't given up. Unless you get in on day one of a game and train as hard as everyone else, if not harder, every game out there will have this situation. I don't believe punishing others is the answer.
 Back to top »
Wei Wao
Woah

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Vae, if it makes you feel better, I play almost constantly and Wei's still under 50th. And I have a few alts that I work a lot too and they're just getting up to 20th. Very Happy

But honestly, I don't mind being so far behind. Unlike some other games, this is one where very high level characters and low-level characters can and do hang out together. The biggest deal to me in other games I've played, is that the high-level characters just don't deal with newbs or low-level chars as a general rule.

So that I don't stray too far off the topic, I think that the people who have spent time on their characters shouldn't be punished with a wipe. And honestly, Milan...I doubt that Live is going to come out in the next few weeks so you'll probably have gained a few promotions by the time it does. And after even that much work, I wonder if you'll be willing to give it up in entirely. Wink I know I wouldn't.

"That's not breakfast, that's a vendetta!"-Jimmy Shubert
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject:

Denavae wrote:
I think that that was one of the reasons PvP was disabled, honestly.

most of the PvP in HR was in the 30-50 crowd i think. most us 100th levelers didn't really fight, either. i think yaru killed two people the last time PvP was on, and that was after asking them over and over to stop talking about how to break into LACAD.
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject:

Oh Wei, I'm not bothered by the differences in levels. If I actually played for leveling, then I might, but I just play for the fun of doing something I can't in real life and for interacting with people of like minds.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » "Live" Discussions » The New Beginning Poll
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: