FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
The "Transition" Poll
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » "Live" Discussions » The "Transition" Poll
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which option do you support most?
Allow carry over of a small amount of experience to characters of exact name/race/gender/etc matches.
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Allow carry over of a moderate amount of experience to characters of exact name/race/gender/etc matches.
27%
 27%  [ 13 ]
Allow carry over of a small amount of experience to characters even if it's to an entirely different character than the one used in beta.
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
Allow carry over of a moderate amount of experience to characters even if it's to an entirely different character than the one used in beta.
38%
 38%  [ 18 ]
I'd prefer if no experience is carried over, let us start completely fresh.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
I'd prefer if no experience is carried over, let us start completely fresh, but give us some kind of special items, titles or something from our achievements in beta.
12%
 12%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 47

HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: The "Transition" Poll

Based on the thread recently posted on this topic --

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Voted for Option 4. I personally won't change much at all besides a simple name or age change, just for a little something different, but I figure others should be given the option to change stuff completely if they really wanted to.

I was kind of torn between the "small" and "moderate" choices. On one hand, a moderate amount (assuming 33% of Beta Exp) would give me a decent platform on which to grow and would appear to be a decent compensation for all the time I've put into my character these three years. On the other hand, a small amount (assuming 15% of Beta Exp) would be more fair to completely new characters. But, really, screw new people, there's nothing stopping them from playing for a couple of years to amass some experience.

I almost want to ask for a little bit of currency to transfer as well, but I know it'll just warp Live's economy that much more. And we all want a more realistic economy, right?

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject:

My thought on this is I don’t expect nor really want all my exp from beta to go to live. That would really put a large gap between those just starting in live and those coming over from Beta and I really don’t think that would be fair. We all knew from the get go that we would lose exp. So to me its not that big of a deal to lose some. My thought was like ¼ of your exp. Like if you were 100th you’d start at 25th. I know that would really suck, but I think thats only fair honestly.

Secondly, i really don’t WANT to be Josie Laurens when I go to live. I want to start my character with a fresh name, fresh face, fresh experience. My thoughts...when they log in to Live they can convert the points to whoever their new character is or they can put them onto their character name from Beta too.

example:

Quote:
Welcome to the Haelrahv Character Creation or whatever...

Do you have a pre-existing character from 'beta'? If so, type the character's first name.
Josie

Did you want to have your experience points from beta used on a new character? If so, then type yes. If not, type NO.
YES

Great, your experience points will be put onto the first character you create.

Are you male/female....etc

OR

Did you want to have your experience points from beta used on a new character? If so then type yes. If not, type NO.
NO

Very well, your experience points have been placed onto Josie Laurens.

just my thoughts

~J
You forcefully swing your fluffy pillow at Trevor Rage and hit him on the rear sending feathers flying everywhere!
Your swing knocked Trevor Rage down!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Back to top »
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject:

I voted for a small amount of exp to any character, but I'd like a kind of subvote for the special items/titles. All things like money and exp can be equaled by someone who starts in Live easily, but I'd like some sort of "Thank you." for being in Beta. Like the Beta cool kids club or something. I don't want us all to have uber swords of death but something that designates us as beta helpers would be nifty.

The character name/race/age/profession/etc. thing doesn't really matter a whole lot to me cause I fully intend on being the same Haidee in Live simply cause I think it'd be a lot easier to keep Haidee's Maps rather than people getting confused as to why Dazhgan Gzamvil, a male Agent Darju is mapping and what the heck happened to that big-breasted heifer.

And personally I'm thrilled at the idea of people being at a more equal playing level, like Josie said, starting fresh. Sure, I worked hard to get where I have Haidee at now, but even getting ANY experience from Beta to Live is a huge boon that we should be thankful for.

Heh one thing I'm really hoping for is less people that "look very young for a <insert every stupid race here>". Variety is the spice of life.
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject:

yeah, the one thing i'll hate about moving to live is losing all my "stuff" and having to rebuild yaru's look.

i'm less iffy about the exp thing just because if i started off uber, then i'll probably already be ahead a lot of the game's content (i'm assuming you GMs are doing the lower-level content first, then the mid, then the high, or something), but i also at the same time don't want to feel like i paid to play a game that just wiped everything i paid to do.
Symbolis

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject:

I'd prefer a small amount of exp carried over plus something snazzy(Trailblazer badge type dealy?)
 Back to top »
jade
Soldier of the '?'th Century

Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Poll

i chose opt. 4, ' moderate for whomever one ends up playing'.

Moderate, because i intend to (more or less) keep jade the same except play her as more aged and more experienced than she is currently (and possibly have her retire into some other ass-kicking profession). clearly, this will be hard to back up unless she has something to echo it in her 'real' attributes and experience history.

New skills will ensure we are all kept busy and will create a none-too-negligible setback of their own, since we will begin at zero percent once they become active (unless this has changed). this is, overall, why i am happy to support the moderate amount of experience transfer.

But i think, since live is its own venture, people deserve the chance to create a new persona (similar to their current characters or not) and have the experience transfer count. perhaps the character who receives the experience will be dramatically different from the one who initially earned it .. i intend to keep jade close to who she is now, but i wouldnt want to impose the same restriction on others.

You say, "For all, temperance."
You say, "But justice is worthy for its own sake."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tao

Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject:

I chose option 2 but option 4 was just as good and from reading some of everyone's posts I would have picked option 4 instead. Way I see it is that I've invested too much of my time and money into my chars. And to have to start all over would have been like a waste. If some people want to start over from the beginning, by all means create a new char and start anew.
Morgana

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject:

I chose 4.

I have put much time and effort into Morgie. And I'll probably keep her he same, I just really enjoy playing her. I hadn't realized so much experience was going to be taken away. Mentally I understand, but my jaw still dropped.

I'd think we need something snazzier then a trailblazer badge. Include also something neat for our homes. For extreme, yet cool, examples.

1. Being able to move our home once every six months or once a year to any street. I'm sure more areas will pop up that we'll just fall in love with.

2. Access to our vault.

3. An item like a pin that teleports us and our group directly to our front door.

Last edited by Morgana on Mon May 15, 2006 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject:

some boons for beta players i'd love to see:

1) larger valuts (even two dozen items more would be nice)
2) some teleportation/travel thing that can be used once a day
3) special comm channel we'll never use anyway
4) mail deilvery: let us buy mailboxes for our homes that put anything sent to us in there instead of at the post office.
5) emergency services: in certain areas, have an ambulance rescue us when we die
6) fancy beta users only store that sells items that do fluffy fun things but don't tip the scales in our favor
7) hall of heros: in each of the new main bases for the professions, a place that shows portraits of the characters who played active roles in the guild. this can be a really high level, a high amount of roleplay interaction, whatever. i'm just wanting this to be something more for someone who played an active role and didn't just sit around without even conversing with anyone.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject:

Quote:
7) hall of heros: in each of the new main bases for the professions, a place that shows portraits of the characters who played active roles in the guild. this can be a really high level, a high amount of roleplay interaction, whatever. i'm just wanting this to be something more for someone who played an active role and didn't just sit around without even conversing with anyone.

/sign

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject:

I can say that nothing that will give a noted advantage will be given to beta players, i.e. teleporting to town, ambulances picking you up, etc. Aside from that, I don't believe one of our goals is to make the game easy either. Some parts should be easy, some difficult, but I don't think trivializing danger in combat, for instance, is particularly healthy as a goal (nor is making danger in combat extremely penalizing).

Specifically to Morgana: No figures have been released for what portion of experience you'll keep in Live so I'm not sure what you meant by " I hadn't realized so much experience was going to be taken away.", unless you meant that you thought you'd keep all/virtually all experience, which is definitely not the case. But as to specific figures, whether you keep 10%, 30%, 50%, etc of your experience has yet to be released or determined. Wink We're still hashing things out, considering alternatives, etc - which is the point of the poll actually, to let us know what's 'popular'.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject:

I voted option 4, since my main character will be nearly completely changed in Live. I find Tyger's name completely OOC now, and would definately badname myself if I could, so his name will certainly be changing. The general character will change some as well, so I don't want it to have to be the same name, because that would leave me with going into live with absolutely nothing. (Which would be ghey)
Hokius

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject:

I dunno. I'm kinda weird, and I've fallen in love with the story and characters that I've found in Haelrahv. It's gonna make me sad if we switch to Live and everyone changes names, species, genders, professions, etc...It's great for a new story and whatnot. But to all those people who are tired of their characters or whatever...assuming you all have paid accounts, why don't you guys take advantage of the multi-character option per account? I know that even in the short time I've been here I've tried out several different character concepts and I even have a few more in the works. I dunno. Just rambling I suppose.

You can't take a girl to the Library! What? It's free? Well that's not so bad then...--David Scully as Sergeant Johnson, Halo 2 Outtake
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
I can say that nothing that will give a noted advantage will be given to beta players, i.e. teleporting to town, ambulances picking you up, etc.

i don't see a once-a-day teleport thing as anything amazingly unbalancing, though.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » "Live" Discussions » The "Transition" Poll
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: