FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
down with critter flees
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » down with critter flees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: down with critter flees

now that critters notably under your level flee, critters can always hit you with an uber-lucky roll, and other additions...

can critter flee either be taken away or at least require a bit of effort from them? i mean, i have to retreat or flee for most critters, and i'd love if they had to do the same.

right now with the way combat is set up, you want us taking time to kill something. except the more time you take the more likely the target will actually just run away.

so can critter flee be fixed a bit? Smile
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject:

I think what you're saying is, can critters fleeing have the same requirements players do? Flee gives RT, and if you re-engage while they are in RT, they can't leave the room. Instead of the current setup, where if a critter flees, they just disappear.

While technically I agree, I think we (at least some of us) have a significant advantage in that we can hide/cast invisibility/etc. while in combat. Even rifts doesn't (currently) take into account our combat situation.

I think to make it all fair, the potion/magic/spellsong exiting of the room (not actually turning invisible or hiding) should be barred while in combat. I also think some creatures should be given the ability to hide/re-hide, or even possibly use invisibility.

Just my thoughts. Razz

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:04 am    Post subject:

all the things you listed involve RTs.

heck, march of time takes 40 seconds.

and it isn't like critters also have the 'advantage' of not getting penalties when killed. Razz

it's obnoxious to have to always resort to killing as fast as possible and even then things fleeing. the fleeing was originally put into effect to stop players from farming low level critters for mass treasure. since that isn't even a problem anymore with the changes put in after that, i'd love for the flee stuff to be changed somehow, as it serves zero function other than to make is automatically 'lose' a fight.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » down with critter flees
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: