FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Crashing and a polite request
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Alchemy & Poisons » Crashing and a polite request
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:10 am    Post subject:

You'd be better off fixing the commodity system.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:25 am    Post subject:

Tylen wrote:

Who would?

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject:

Jeweler's Elixir had been at 12. So that 53 is better than before!

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject:

Tylen wrote:

That would be impossible for me to accomplish. However, staking out the ticker and killing people who purposefully screw others over has crossed my mind.

They don't care about anyone else, why should I care about them?

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject:

man, i am getting some massive dejavu....course that was when people were selling without a crat and getting lynched for doing it.

I think the thing is that potions are something that everyone that wants to train it can do, and most do just for the easy way to make money. And its not just potions that are affected, regular commods are so low right now that foraging isn't really even an option if you are "in it for the money" which face it we all are.

I watched vyfetium yesterday from like 8am till oh hell i forget sometime in the evening and it gained approximately 4 dollars throughout the day.
And in my opinion, potions seem to move slower than that even.

Am I happy with the changes, no. I'd rather the potions at least recover a bit faster than they are now, just because it is such a widely used way of making money and unless we want people dying for wanting to make a bit of cash, i don't see a real "fair" way to do it with the way the commods are right now. Just selling a few potions drops it enough to make a difference.

I myself, have been hunting and fishing because to me potions just aren't "worth" the effort (yes im in it for the profit) it takes to make them only to not beable to sell the potion for more than what the three seperate commodities would sell for refined. I really don't care to hunt all that much, less its when im down in scourge mining for vyeftium and fishing well..its boring to me *chuckle* so im stuck doing things i really don't care doing just so that i can make money.

All I can say is I'm glad that this happened AFTER i had the money for my house, or I doubt any one of us would be living in the big ones *chuckle*
Took me and glim combined over three months of almost constant (between the two of us, probably almost 20-24 hours a day) potioning to get the 19 mil we had for the home and fest... i can just imagine how long it would take to get that same amount now.

Anyway, Im rambling so point of my post:

People are going to sell regardless of the price, and how slow the ticker is.
Its just the way they are. I don't feel violence is the answer, but I don't feel like i should be having to NOT do something i love (potions) just because now it seems they will never sell for any good amount.

I also feel that people are like, maybe worried now? Example:

I go to the ticker and check on Vyeftium

Crap... i just realize i have 450 units of the stuff and its been dropped to 80 from the 127 it normally is

So do I a. just wait and see if it goes back up, b. Let others continue to drop it or c. sell my stuff while its still at a reasonable price before others CAN drop it below what I'm willing to sell.

I admit I sold that vyeftium. Does that make me a bad person? I hope not. But then again, Im not back down in scourge mining more to sell today, I'm off hunting and fishing and other boring stuff.
You forcefully swing your fluffy pillow at Trevor Rage and hit him on the rear sending feathers flying everywhere!
Your swing knocked Trevor Rage down!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Back to top »
Enverdi
Strange and Exciting

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject:

It trickles over to hunting as well, sadly. The change in how much we make per unit of anything, be it a commodity or a potion, has affected nearly every aspect of player income. The only REAL money I make is off the books, weapons, armor, etc. I find in boxes and on creatures where it used to be the 30k I'd get from brokering a bag full of various commodities.
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject:

Are People Willing to Pay to Reduce Others’ Incomes?

While it's not exactly the phenomenon we have going here, it's still a fascinating study.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
Nkehu
bluntmaster supreme!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
However, staking out the ticker and killing people who purposefully screw others over has crossed my mind.

i was gonna stay outta this cause i really don make potions (actually i hate makin em) but i wanted ta say one thing. as one of those people that got lynched early on, killin willna solve this problem. hell, bein killed only made me want ta crash even more ta spite those that cared enough ta me kill me in da first place! i understand bein frustrated at da way da market has been an da way people have been abusin it, but why intensify an already tense situation with violence?
 Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject:

It's just an excuse to kill people. Death is no deterrent.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject:

You still didn't reply to my post, Aesal.

Back to top »
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Nkehu wrote:
Quote:
However, staking out the ticker and killing people who purposefully screw others over has crossed my mind.

i was gonna stay outta this cause i really don make potions (actually i hate makin em) but i wanted ta say one thing. as one of those people that got lynched early on, killin willna solve this problem. hell, bein killed only made me want ta crash even more ta spite those that cared enough ta me kill me in da first place! i understand bein frustrated at da way da market has been an da way people have been abusin it, but why intensify an already tense situation with violence?

Well, that whole, 'wanting to crash it even more to spite those who killed me' is basically my same feelings of 'being spiteful and wanting to kill those who are being greedy shits and selling 50-100 of one type of potion at a time screwing the market for everyone including me'

Just depends on what side of the fence you are on I guess. Spite vs. spite.

Anyway, I haven't resorted to violence yet. I've only asked, repeatedly, that the ones doing it be a little less self-centered and/or lazy. It's not THAT much harder to mine/forage/refine/mix for different potions than it is to do it for one.

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject:

Just looking at the ticker right now, I see more than 20 potions ranging between the 70s to 90s, and a couple above 100; what I'm basically asking is, what is it people are expecting? You can't realistically expect the value of a commodity in any economy, text-based or no, to not fluctuate because of activity (and the old randomizing effect is something I miss greatly). If price-fixing and a perpetually inflated economy are expected as the "norm", you'd have to also expect prices of everything in the game to go up comparably.

So what if you can't sell everything at 150.0? Even if a value's at 30.0, one dollar is better than zero dollar. It's trite to condemn someone else as greedy because you aren't making the money you feel you're entitled to.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject:

HR-Mickey wrote:
what I'm basically asking is, what is it people are expecting?

i think they just want some people to not totally kill off certain potions prices, and instead sell a few of each kind instead of completely leveling some potions in particular.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject:

Which, with all due respect to Dzynna, is as likely to happen here as it would be IRL.

Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Which, with all due respect to Dzynna, is as likely to happen here as it would be IRL.

only here there gets to be faceshooting!

i really don't think dzynna was expecting anything to change (coding wise), but more just ask/warn some specific people in the playerbase to not tank certain commodities so everyone else getting the same things can get a share of the money as well.

if i was making some potions and kept having those values tanked by other people, i'd be wanting to shoot people in the head as well.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Alchemy & Poisons » Crashing and a polite request
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: