FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Drone micophone.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » Drone micophone.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Apatheticloser wrote:
Sounds like a case of sucks for you.

why the conflict? share the love.

if droids become capable of being a tool that can be harassing to people, it should be able to be stopped. "if a droid bothers you tough shit" isn't a valid reply in any way, as it does not solve anything.
Apatheticloser
outcast

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
Apatheticloser wrote:
Sounds like a case of sucks for you.

why the conflict? share the love.

if droids become capable of being a tool that can be harassing to people, it should be able to be stopped. "if a droid bothers you tough shit" isn't a valid reply in any way, as it does not solve anything.

If a droid bothers you, its a case of PVP. I dont want some retard to attack my droid just because s/he can.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Attitudes like this are a great way to get your suggestion completely ignored. No one wants to read negativity like this. Disagreeing is fine. Throwing insults because you refuse to put the extra thought into your post to speak your thoughts in a more welcome manner is simply immature.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Personally I wish I could attack the annoying pets who run in circles around me, etc. And those are in the price range of droids (I think...someone said something about $300K). Hey - more jobs for Medics! Vets! Razz

Anyway, I agree that droids should have something that not necessarily destroys them, but disables them, should the owner be using the droid to annoy someone.

And if they are in 'stealth mode', their stealth should be based on something (maybe the electronics skill of the tech?) - not just make them impervious to being found and disabled. A person isn't impervious, a droid shouldn't be either.

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zamde
Maestro

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
the way to make it go away, is to move.

Or kill the technician, if you're going to get so butthurt about your droid getting banged up. I'm happy to do either.

If it's your choice to spy, it should be my reciprocal choice to respond accordingly, and not because you're putting the burden of responsibility on those being monitored. At least be mature enough to bear as much as you're willing to dish out.

Dixie Pierce says, "I heard Zamde can't have kids cause she lactates poison."

[Telepathy] Yaru Dex projects: I thought Zamde doesn't have kids because her womb is full of aisobs.

You can't spell "slaughter" without 'laughter'.

Llanfair Anti-Cyber Brigade Member #0000
 Back to top »
Apatheticloser
outcast

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Attitudes like this are a great way to get your suggestion completely ignored. No one wants to read negativity like this. Disagreeing is fine. Throwing insults because you refuse to put the extra thought into your post to speak your thoughts in a more welcome manner is simply immature.

apatheticloser wrote:
If a droid bothers you, its a case of PVP. I dont want some retard to attack my droid just because s/he can.

more thought: I Do not want to be harassed by people of a high circle just because they are in a bad mood (atleast not until a droid can have the option to leave of its own will, or the power to kill those that attack it). a droid takes a couple hours to get into the vale, and all of the parts can run just shy of a million.

ways that I would not be against on avoiding a spy droid are emp shock, or a device you can hold in your hand to interupt the transmision from your drone to you, or for a drone to find you via the gps uplink.

until droid combat is actually released it should stick to when you are being harassed by a drone following you by gps uplink, you either need to hide, go to a place it cant find you, or make the technician stop.[/quote]

Last edited by Apatheticloser on Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:04 am; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Apatheticloser
outcast

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject:

zamde wrote:
Quote:
the way to make it go away, is to move.

Or kill the technician, if you're going to get so butthurt about your droid getting banged up. I'm happy to do either.

if you check back, I offered that one aswell zamde.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject:

Apatheticloser wrote:
a droid takes a couple hours to get into the vale, and all of the parts can run just shy of a million.

what does this have to do with anything. we want a way to disable being spied on and annoyed by a drone, not a way to explode it.

we want to be able to make something stalking us go away.

just because droids are expensive doesn't mean that they shouldn't be stopped by strongarm tactics. stop acting like people will go around killing drones for fun. it clearly wasn't the case when pvp first came out, and it won't be the case if this is made, as well.
Apatheticloser
outcast

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
Apatheticloser wrote:
a droid takes a couple hours to get into the vale, and all of the parts can run just shy of a million.

what does this have to do with anything. we want a way to disable being spied on and annoyed by a drone, not a way to explode it.

we want to be able to make something stalking us go away.

just because droids are expensive doesn't mean that they shouldn't be stopped by strongarm tactics. stop acting like people will go around killing drones for fun. it clearly wasn't the case when pvp first came out, and it won't be the case if this is made, as well.

Did you not read my post before this? I suggested some ways.

edit: I just noticed you quoted from it, so I believe that you truely do just go on the boards to argue with people.
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:13 am    Post subject:

Apatheticloser wrote:
Who mentioned droid combat in this thread?

You did, when you took half of my suggestion and subsequently blew it out of proportion to run with it in a world-class tizzy, resulting in what's become of this thread. Everybody else is discussing ways of disabling them, and you're turning it into screaming matches of "Don't hurt my droid!"

Calm down. Take a deep breath. The sky is most decidedly not falling.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Apatheticloser
outcast

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject:

HR-Mickey wrote:
Apatheticloser wrote:
Who mentioned droid combat in this thread?

You did, when you took half of my suggestion and subsequently blew it out of proportion to run with it in a world-class tizzy, resulting in what's become of this thread.

Calm down. Take a deep breath.

No, your whole suggestion was to be able to destroy/disable drones, that would be called droid combat. Maybe if you explained more about why you felt that drones should be disabled, soundless wouldnt have run his "world-class tizzy" fully bringing this thread off topic.[/quote]
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject:

Because we at HR don't embrace a belief of "action with impunity" in the gaming environment. Someone of higher level beating up someone of lower level is one thing, because that's skill-based; it's another thing entirely to be able to get away with something based solely on the fact that there's no hardcoded means of preventing or stopping it. Our longer-term players will recall a time when HIDE was live, but we lacked a SEARCH ability; would it strike you at all as fair if you were standing around Cloud Court being sniped (or backstabbed) by an Agent, completely incapable of just pointing them out even if it were well within your power?

At any rate, whether you're willing to come to terms with it or not, actively spying on someone against their will via a remote object is, by the very process, an aggressive and/or intrusive action. By utilizing a droid in that fashion (rather than spying from stealth in person), it stands to reason that those present should be able to react accordingly.

And, although I seem to be the only person to just out and say it -- I'm not opposed to droid destruction; if you're willing to put a multimillion credit robot in harm's way to do your bidding, at least pony up to the responsibility that something detrimental could happen to it in the process.

---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Apatheticloser
outcast

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject:

HR-Mickey wrote:
Because we at HR don't embrace a belief of "action with impunity" in the gaming environment. Someone of higher level beating up someone of lower level is one thing, because that's skill-based; it's another thing entirely to be able to get away with something based solely on the fact that there's no hardcoded means of preventing or stopping it. Our longer-term players will recall a time when HIDE was live, but we lacked a SEARCH ability; would it strike you at all as fair if you were standing around Cloud Court being sniped (or backstabbed) by an Agent, completely incapable of just pointing them out even if it were well within your power?

At any rate, whether you're willing to come to terms with it or not, actively spying on someone against their will via a remote object is, by the very process, an aggressive and/or intrusive action. By utilizing7 a droid in that fashion (rather than spying from stealth in person), it stands to reason that those present should be able to react accordingly.

And, although I seem to be the only person to just out and say it -- I'm not opposed to droid destruction; if you're willing to put a multimillion credit robot in harm's way to do your bidding, at least pony up to the responsibility that something detrimental could happen to it in the process.

Please actually read the posts mickey, and sort out the facts from the pointless (because there can be no end) arguements.

My suggestion was not for spying, it was to have my drone hear so I could better RP with her. though it could be used to spy, and I posted some things that could be done to solve that.

Quote:
ways that I would not be against on avoiding a spy droid are emp shock, or a device you can hold in your hand to interupt the transmision from your drone to you, or for a drone to find you via the gps uplink.

Quote:
until droid combat is actually released it should stick to when you are being harassed by a drone following you by gps uplink, you either need to hide, go to a place it cant find you, or make the technician stop.

And kit posted a great reason why it would be very stupid to destroy a droid:

Quote:
XD Beast has a nuclear core. If someone blew him up...heh. No more Llanfair!

disabling on the otherhand (whitch can not be done until drake has the time to build more into Droid combat) would be acceptable when being harassed by a drone.. but I would also like to see the ability to report someone attacking/disabling your drone(without just cause) to have a fine assigned to them, of both the cost of repair, and a flat fee.
[/quote]
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:52 am    Post subject:

Quote:
kit posted a great reason why it would be very stupid to destroy a droid

If technology is advanced enough in HR to build small scale integrated nuclear reactors to power intelligent machinery, it's a fair bet that preventative meltdown procedure has advanced alongside it. We'd have come a long way from Chernobyl, and no Tech foundation worth its salt is going to install atomic energy in a device intended to take some bumps and shunts, without assuming precautions.

---
---
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
 Back to top »
Apatheticloser
outcast

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject:

HR-Mickey wrote:
Quote:
kit posted a great reason why it would be very stupid to destroy a droid

If technology is advanced enough in HR to build small scale integrated nuclear reactors to power intelligent machinery, it's a fair bet that preventative meltdown procedure has advanced alongside it. We'd have come a long way from Chernobyl, and no Tech foundation worth its salt is going to install atomic energy in a device intended to take some bumps and shunts, without assuming precautions.

bumps and shunts is a far way from shots and slashes.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » Drone micophone.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: