Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Troopers » Assult Rifles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anifaust
PROHAIRESIS FLESH PUPPET

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Code:
remove rifle
You slide off a standard-issue Xeawoa assault rifle from over your shoulder.

appraise rifle
You carefully look over a standard-issue Xeawoa assault rifle.
It is worn on or over a single shoulder.
Use of this weapon in melee combat requires proficiency in the blunt weapons skill.
Use of this weapon when fired requires proficiency in the pulse weapons skill.
You are unable to judge the quality of this weapon.
This weapon uses pulse cores or hybrid cores for ammunition.
This weapon is unsuited for use in underwater environments.

This weapon is capable of doing weak blunt damage.
This weapon is not suitable for piercing attacks.
This weapon is not suitable for slashing attacks.
This weapon is capable of doing bone-crushing damage when fired.
This weapon is capable of firing a single shot at a time.

It looks as though it would be advantageous at melee range.
It looks as though it would be practical at pole range.
It looks as though it would be practical at pilum range.
It looks as though it would be practical at missile range.

This weapon requires two hands to wield.
You have no idea what this is worth, but it looks mighty expensive.
Roundtime: 20 sec.

convert rifle
You flip a switch on a standard-issue Xeawoa assault rifle and it emits a low hum as it enters short-burst mode.
Roundtime: 4 sec.

appraise rifle
Use of this weapon in melee combat requires proficiency in the blunt weapons skill.
This weapon uses ionic cores for ammunition.
This weapon is much more effective than it normally seems when used against targets with great protection from electrical attack.

This weapon is capable of doing decent damage when fired.
This weapon is capable of firing two shots simultaneously.
If all shots fired simultaneously strike, this weapon is capable of doing spectacular damage.

It looks as though it would be advantageous at melee range.
It looks as though it would be practical at pole range.

Roundtime: 21 sec.

convert rifle
You flip a switch on a standard-issue Xeawoa assault rifle and it emits a deafening high-pitched tone as it enters full-burst mode.
Roundtime: 4 sec.
appraise rifle
This weapon uses ionic cores for ammunition.
This weapon is much more effective than it normally seems when used against targets with great protection from electrical attack.

This weapon is capable of doing weak damage when fired.
This weapon is capable of firing five shots simultaneously.
If all shots fired simultaneously strike, this weapon is capable of doing very good damage.

It looks as though it would be excellently suited to wield at melee range.
It looks as though it would be advantageous at pole range.

Roundtime: 21 sec.

I think they were originally "sleek chrome rifles" cause when I hold it, it still shows "a chrome rifle" in my hand. Shortly after purchase, I had mine altered to Assault, because at the time we had none and I thought the fire-selector made it worthy of the name. Wink

Edit- Darian, hollar at me in game or PM about that TG25 if you really want to get rid of it.

Glim Faethyn says, "Anifaust Retaw says, "I still want a bobo dunk tank game."

Mellie Knight (4:01:07 PM): Oh yeah. I'd kill for your brains but I'll settle for your body.

Last edited by Anifaust on Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Moka

Post Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Assualt assualt assualt

Sorry if I didn't spell it right.
So are troopers going to have access to assualt rifles or maybe even sub machinegunds?
Maybe they could be sold in our depot?
 Back to top »
Moka

Post Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Ok Machineguns!

Ok error again...machineguns pardon me!
 Back to top »
Moka

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Multi-shot firearms.

I have been looking through all the shops since I got back and I noticed there are multi-shot archery weapons (starbow) and a few multi-shot pulse weapons in the trooper armor. But I can not find a multi-shot firearm anywhere.
Is there a reason for this....are multi-shot firearms game breakers?
 Back to top »
llissabeth

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject:

i am new here and use a gun, i saw the posts about multishot rifles
and think that would be great!
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject:

multi-shot rifles are merchant-only. there have been 2, 3, and 5 shot rifles.

honestly, i feel two handguns hit harder because the bullets do more individual damage.
Moka

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Isn't that rather unfair that my weapon of choise can only be multi-shot if a arms merchant happens to come to town and has enough that more that three people can buy compared to an archery person that can just walk into a shop in the Ibbecca caverns and buy a starbow?

I mean if one kinda weapon is gonna be restricted shouldn't all weapons be so to be fair?
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject:

Moka wrote:
I mean if one kinda weapon is gonna be restricted shouldn't all weapons be so to be fair?

honestly you're not missing out on anything. multi-shot weapons hit a lot weaker than single shot ones.

that said, if a weapon is stronger-than-normal due to being multi-shot (an assault rifle holds like 60+ rounds and fires 5 per 3 seconds or something), why wouldn't it be merchant? starbows are a lot more balanced, require you to load much more often, and function a lot differently than an assault rifle. same for gridguns. sure, they fire 5 shots, but they have cooldown times.

quite frankly, the reason multi-shot marksman weapons are merchant-only (for now) are because they're [arguably] powerful. i don't think they are, but i can see why they are seen as such by GMs. they hit harder per-bullet than the starbows or gridguns. it isn't like the only difference between a starbow and assault rifle is "arrows vs bullets."
Tao

Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject:

Moka wrote:
Isn't that rather unfair that my weapon of choise can only be multi-shot if a arms merchant happens to come to town and has enough that more that three people can buy compared to an archery person that can just walk into a shop in the Ibbecca caverns and buy a starbow?

Moka, you might want to read the "Multi-shot weapons" folder under Combat & Hunting. If you want to get the same effect as a starbow for a marksmanship weapon, i think the GMs would have to duct tape like 3 guns together and rigged the trigger so that all 3 would would fire at the same time. I had purchased an assualt rifle from the fest also cause I was slightly jealous of splattergun and gridgun. I had it altered but I didnt use it that much because like Yaru, I believe using two handguns is much better and effective. Then again that's how my character is built and you might have a different character build up.
Moka

Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject:

I read the folder you suggested and I understand that they can make multi-shot firearms and have. You yourself state you bought one. Some of us were not around for that merchant and it seems that was the only one too.
Shouldn't we all have the chance to purchase one and see wether we like it or not?
Even if it is weaker than two handguns why is it not sold in a shop like starbows and the two rifles in the trooper depot that fire double pulse shot?
Why are starbows and multi-pulse weapons sold but not multi-shot marksmanship?
I read where shotguns damage was reduced at range so why can't they make an assault rifle that fires 3 rounds and does close to the same damage as 2 pistol shots or less than a shotgun blast and even have the second and third round accuracy reduced?
I do not see why multi-shot weapons are not sold in shops like multi-shot weapons of other skill.
I would really like a GM's input on this mater. Please explain why.
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Before you throw the baby out with the bathwater, consider that there are also pulse weapons as well as bows (and until I added them to the fletching system, arrows and bolts) that have only been purchaseable at festivals. There may not be a fast public multi-shot marksmanship weapon available, but neither are there bows or pulse weapons that function like spreadshot or longshot rifles. There's a vast array of everything out there for public consumption, and we don't arbitrarily release every vein of weapon types so that they're just palette swaps of the others.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Moka

Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject:

So I should giveup on the idea of having a multi-shot marksmanship weapon because they will never be in a shop and the merchant that sells them will never be back?
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Moka wrote:
So I should giveup on the idea of having a multi-shot marksmanship weapon because they will never be in a shop and the merchant that sells them will never be back?

...stop being so emo, sheesh.

what makes you think the merchant will never be back? what makes you think ONE merchant sells marksmanship multi-shot weapons?

last fest had an assault rifle, which fired 5 shots. the fest before than had the TG23-X, which shot 2 shots, along with whatever the 3 shot one was.

the fact that multi-shot rifles are rare is what makes them strong. if they were store bought, they'd probably hit like crap, handle even worse than [i think] they do now, and jam like crazy.

you have to look at it like this- does a weapon define your character, or does your character's roleplay rely on tons more than that. did you go out of the chargen going "Moka will have a giant machine gun" or is it something that will come into the character's development once time progresses and he actually gets one.

if i went, as yaru, "I can't play this game unless i have those super awesome markmanship bullets from the last festival," i'd have some issues with how i roleplay yaru.
Moka

Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject:

I'm not asking for a gamebreaking weapon....you yourself said they are not great weapons......so why are they so rare? I'm not asking for special ammo from a fest....I am asking for a multi-shot weapon for my skill of choise....just like there are multi-shot weapons in game for archers and for pulse users.
I do not see why a multi-shot marksmanship based weapons should be any different than a multi-shot archery weapon or a multi-shot pulse weapon, those are sold in shops and can be purchased and used.
What makes marksmanship so special?

Even so my charecter is a trooper....as in a member of the military....most militaries have weapons in thier armories for many many different purposes.
Including but not limited to assault rifles, heavy michineguns, light michinguns, shotguns, pistols and other kinds of projectile weapons.
I am not asking for a super-duper 200 shot belt fed .50 cal one handed michinegun that hits harder than the hand of god.
Whats so special about assault rifles that they can't be sold in shops or armories?
Why are starbows not merchant only? Why are the double pulse rifles not merchant only?
Multi-shot weapons are sold in shops....only multi-shot marksmanship based weapons seem to be merchant only. Why?
This is all I am asking......why......
 Back to top »
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Moka wrote:

Negativity is definitely not a way to entice a gamemaster to bring a merchant back that you'd like to see.

Why not try requesting first instead of jumping head first into the pessimist pit?

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Troopers » Assult Rifles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: