FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
suggestion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » The Order Of The Crimson Rose » suggestion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: suggestion

ok while talking to members interested in crimson rose i encountered a problem . most new members and some wannabe members believe we have a heirachy system and that mellie or sway are the leaders of the crimson rose .

some people have approached other members to enquire about the rose to be redirected to either sway or mellie . i wont divulge actual conversations but because mellie or sway is busy this has led people to believe they are being snubbed by them when they do not get an immediate response to questions about the order.

getting to the point my suggestions are.

1) we ask one of the gms if they can supply a suggestions box so that people can post their suggestions and enquiries into the box and recieve a response when someone is available to answer them that will take the pressure off of some people within the group who feel they have to make immediate responses.

2) to solve the problem of trying to get everyone online at the same time to make a decision on new recruits or vote for new regimes also to make it so that the votes are fair and anonymous i suggest that we make use of the message board poles . that way we can vote on the pole whenever we are online im sure if we spoke to gms the could help us make the votes fair .eg only one vote per member that sort of thing . we could fix a set time limit for vote results too .

if you feel ive spoken out of term or believe that these suggestions cant work or have suggestions of your own feel free to reply to this post

dregonard (always a rose occasionally a thorn)
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: suggestion

ragonda wrote:
i suggest that we make use of the message board poles . that way we can vote on the pole whenever we are online im sure if we spoke to gms the could help us make the votes fair .eg only one vote per member that sort of thing . we could fix a set time limit for vote results too

Two problems...anyone can vote, not just CR members. And two, people that are voted against will get the not-so-nice side effect of having everyone know.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject:

not everyone can vote if we move to the yahoo sister site of crimson rose
and we will be looking into making results blind till end of voting time

oh another suggestion is making use of hr mail to keep each other updated on current issues.
 Back to top »
Morgana

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
Quote:
Two problems...anyone can vote, not just CR members. And two, people that are voted against will get the not-so-nice side effect of having everyone know

I believe she meant on Yahoo groups were one has to be approved to join to see things.
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject:

Morgana wrote:
Kit wrote:
Quote:
Two problems...anyone can vote, not just CR members. And two, people that are voted against will get the not-so-nice side effect of having everyone know

I believe she meant on Yahoo groups were one has to be approved to join to see things.

Ahh, disregaurd then.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jade
Soldier of the '?'th Century

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: suggestion concerns

i like the spirit there, dreg. and i know we discussed this a short while ago. some further concerns:

1) with the suggestions box,

a) who would be able to respond? order members only?

b) who would be able to place in a suggestion? only non-members? i think that in some cases it could be most convenient for members to use this feature as well.

c) should these suggestions be anonymous? it would be difficult to answer a concern unless we knew who placed it, so that we could contact that person. if it takes the form of a letter, i would appreciate if whomever wrote it included his or her name. i also anticipate problems with this, such as, but not limited to, complete nonsense letters unrelated to order business.

d) whatever we eventually settle on, it hinges upon such a feature being able to be coded.

2) on the poll, kit brought up a valid point about open results and open voting.
You say, "For all, temperance."
You say, "But justice is worthy for its own sake."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tao

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject:

ragonda wrote:
not everyone can vote if we move to the yahoo sister site of crimson rose
and we will be looking into making results blind till end of voting time

oh another suggestion is making use of hr mail to keep each other updated on current issues.

What yahoo sister site? There was no post on the boards about a new site. And not to sound like and ass and I'm sorry if i am but why does it have to be referred to as a 'sister' site? I'm really starting to feel like you really dont want men in this order or men that would speak their mind.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject:

By the way, I hope this "suggestion box" idea comes with a decent pricetag. If only because it's not really a standard feature for Orders (yet).

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
What yahoo sister site? There was no post on the boards about a new site. And not to sound like and ass and I'm sorry if i am but why does it have to be referred to as a 'sister' site? I'm really starting to feel like you really dont want men in this order or men that would speak their mind

slip of tongue used a brit term meaning site related to this one i think it is the yahoo site and men are included too tao Twisted Evil
 Back to top »
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
By the way, I hope this "suggestion box" idea comes with a decent pricetag. If only because it's not really a standard feature for Orders (yet).

if it is for the good of the order then even if dreg has to work till her arms fall off she will find the cash to cover it
 Back to top »
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject:

I know that we're currently looking into things as far as orders go, and what orders get, and I think you'll be happy with what we've been tossing around as far as what we'd like to do. I'm not spilling anything yet because to be honest, nothing has been approved by Trevor yet. But we're doing our best to see that orders have their own in-game area that is NOT A HOME, but a place to meet and hang out in. And that orders require a certain level of player interest before getting any in-game perks like membership cards, so that we don't waste OUR time or YOUR time on a fruitless effort.
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject:

oh wow beau it sounds awesome Twisted Evil
 Back to top »
Morgana

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Tao wrote:
Quote:
What yahoo sister site? There was no post on the boards about a new site.

There isn't one. It's just a suggestion of how one might be able to vote without it being completely public.
Tao

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject:

ragonda wrote:
Quote:
What yahoo sister site? There was no post on the boards about a new site. And not to sound like and ass and I'm sorry if i am but why does it have to be referred to as a 'sister' site? I'm really starting to feel like you really dont want men in this order or men that would speak their mind

slip of tongue used a brit term meaning site related to this one i think it is the yahoo site and men are included too tao Twisted Evil

Thanx for clarifying that. *hugs Dregs in a manly manner*
Moriath

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject:

This is in response to Dreg's and everyones ideas....I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond.

1) The Order is run on a democratic system, which means the Order as a whole votes. So if there are people out there that feel that they are being snubbed, please please do not feel that way. I know that Mellie has been very busy in her personal life as have I, and not around as often to field questions and comments. Please feel free to contact any member of the Order, any of them will always be more than happy to be of assistance.

2) The submission form is a great idea, and I will implement it to the website that I have been working on for the Order. Once that is set up, any submissions will be held in strict confidentially. We respect our privacy and will ensure that yours is protected and respected in the same manner.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » The Order Of The Crimson Rose » suggestion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: