FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Toss and Stow
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Toss and Stow
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Toss and Stow

Could we, if there already isn't, get a toss command? To toss an item to someone and them having to type catch instead of accept.

Also, any chance we could stea... borrow Eaxia's way of stowing things? Being able to just type 'stow <whatever>' while it's on the ground and it being picked up and put into the container you have set to for stowing. Along with any other cases ... things being in boxes or other containers instead of being on the ground.
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Toss and Stow

Daedalus wrote:
Could we, if there already isn't, get a toss command? To toss an item to someone and them having to type catch instead of accept.

Also, any chance we could stea... borrow Eaxia's way of stowing things? Being able to just type 'stow <whatever>' while it's on the ground and it being picked up and put into the container you have set to for stowing. Along with any other cases ... things being in boxes or other containers instead of being on the ground.

'Toss' seems like it's just fluff. But I like the stow idea. I have macros set up for all the containers I stow things into. First it picks the item up, then it stows it. You might want to look into doing that. Remember that putting a \r in the macro hits a return and if you subscribe, you can actually put in three commands in one macro. Push one button, you have three commands that popup! Very useful, esspecially for logging in and picking stuff up from the ground when you have two handheld weapons.

If you put a CMD script in the macro, though, the \r won't work. You'll have to Push the macro button and then hit enter. That's not much of a problem though and that's the scheme I use for hunting when there are more then one creature in the hunting area to smush.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject:

1. I don't care what you have macro keys set for.
2. I know how the macro keys work.
3. Thanks for that rather useless post.
4. Have a nice day.
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject:

I've actually wanted a 'toss' and 'catch' for a long time and have been hoping for it. It is handy and fun to do, I'd use it a lot. Isn't there a throw one that's similar? Though they don't have a choice to catch it if I recall correctly. I'm not sure since I don't have a football.
Kit

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Daedalus wrote:
1. I don't care what you have macro keys set for.
2. I know how the macro keys work.
3. Thanks for that rather useless post.
4. Have a nice day.

Thanks I will. And it wasn't a useless post. It was an easy to do way to get around the verb you want added.

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kit

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject:

TheTrackerChick wrote:
I've actually wanted a 'toss' and 'catch' for a long time and have been hoping for it. It is handy and fun to do, I'd use it a lot.

What if you have bad coordination and can't catch it? Of if you're bad at throwing? Me, IRL, can't throw worth a damn. I usually throw it at 90 degree angles. And from a game perspective, I'd probably still use give/accept because I've been use to that syntax for over 6 years.

Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
TheTrackerChick wrote:
I've actually wanted a 'toss' and 'catch' for a long time and have been hoping for it. It is handy and fun to do, I'd use it a lot.

What if you have bad coordination and can't catch it? Of if you're bad at throwing? Me, IRL, can't throw worth a damn. I usually throw it at 90 degree angles. And from a game perspective, I'd probably still use give/accept because I've been use to that syntax for over 6 years.

and plenty of people use say to talk, but the ' command also exists.

then you have people like me who don't always use either, and just does everything via the act verb.

what's your point?
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject:

I'd say if we have a toss/catch verb it should habe a shorter time limit than give/accept and have coordination checks just for the fun of it.
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject:

I'm not against toss/catch (just fluff, no actual purpose, but hey fluff is fluff) however any inspiration I might have had to put it in went out the window when you became a dick to Kit for no reason. Have a nice day.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
I'm not against toss/catch (just fluff, no actual purpose, but hey fluff is fluff) however any inspiration I might have had to put it in went out the window when you became a dick to Kit for no reason. Have a nice day.

you have to admit that 'oh i have a macro for that so we dont need a verb' is kinda lame, though.

not saying his response wasn't also lame, but i think almost any verb suggestion can be counteracted with a rather hollow "oh we don't really need that".
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject:

There's nothing wrong with a player saying, "That seems like fluff that would be nice but we don't need, maybe we should spend dev time on more necessary things?"

But even more than that, I'm fed up with threads turning into negative bitchfests. Even if you don't care for someone, you can be civil with them.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
There's nothing wrong with a player saying, "That seems like fluff that would be nice but we don't need, maybe we should spend dev time on more necessary things?"

That's exactly what I meant. I'd rather (In my opinion as a player of this game) have the time GMs have to spend on the game used for things like combat, nskills, and homes...and not a fluffly little system that can easily be done by the examples I gave. I was MERELY trying to point out to Daedalus that there's a way around not having a stow-stuff-on-ground command. I'm trying to post constructively. Instead of just saying I don't like something, I'm giving a viable alternative as well. Yaru, if you actually read my post, you would see that I was trying to show Daedalus that even if we don't get the verb, there's a very simple way bypass the use of the verb by setting up macros or a script.

Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject:

i just figured it was a given that something was fluff and not immediately needed. :\

ah well.
Warner
Sneaky Locksmithiness

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject:

she left
get <item>
stow left
draw gun

having a nifty verb which saves time from typing 32 characters: thumbs up

having a macro for everything:saves carpal tunnel

having a GM call you out for being a dick:priceless

for everything else:there's letter keys.
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:

Whoa, since when is telling someone to have a nice day being a dick? It wasn't even written in sarcasm. I just didn't feel like typing a longer reply than that. I didn't even reply to what she said about the toss/catch verb, because all it is, is fluff and it can wait. Oh well, I can live with out these suggestions, I have no problem with just typing 'get <whatever>' 'stow <whatever>' and I don't plan on using macro keys. And I will have a nice day, you should do the same.

~ Dae, the dick
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Toss and Stow
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: