FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Combat Update Outline.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Combat Update Outline.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warner
Sneaky Locksmithiness

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
i'm not saying screw over the hunters, or that i'm feeling that i'm screwed over, but if i'm being encouraged to stick to what i should be doing as a profession (which i'm cool with...i did pick this class for a reason, after all), i'd really appreciate having some way to get the UR cool stuff in my own non combatty way (and in a manner that puts me at an advantage to the combat classes).

there are ways of aquiring ultra rares outside of combat you just have to be resourceful and look around, my inventory is chock full of rares and ultra rares i DIDNT find in combat but aquired with money or trades.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Warner wrote:
there are ways of aquiring ultra rares outside of combat you just have to be resourceful and look around, my inventory is chock full of rares and ultra rares i DIDNT find in combat but aquired with money or trades.

as i said, the fun i get is from discovering the item myself, not buying it from someone.
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject:

UGH!!!!!

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject:

One of the things you guys will notice is that a lot of creatures are rather easy to hit. This is because almost every critter is light on mentality. I will be adjusting this too at some point (by raising mentality but dropping other stats). Until then, you're going to have a field day, most likely.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject:

With all these changes in the working, would you guys be generous enough to give us a list of what all the stats are going to help with once the changes are complete?

I know you like us to figure out some things on our own, but when it comes to training ... I'd rather not be walking with a blindfold.
Nelle
Ooh Nuuurse..

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject:

I just want to say that I'm staying out of all further conversations involving combat, I've worked too hard to only post positively to mess that up now.. I enjoyed it while it lasted, thank you.
Warner
Sneaky Locksmithiness

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject:

Quote:
With all these changes in the working, would you guys be generous enough to give us a list of what all the stats are going to help with once the changes are complete?

I know you like us to figure out some things on our own, but when it comes to training ... I'd rather not be walking with a blindfold.

Trevor's gonna update news 16 as needed, so we'll have a guideline on training. (woot!)
Warner
Sneaky Locksmithiness

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject:

Quote:
One of the things you guys will notice is that a lot of creatures are rather easy to hit. This is because almost every critter is light on mentality. I will be adjusting this too at some point (by raising mentality but dropping other stats). Until then, you're going to have a field day, most likely.

More of a challenge hunting? ::thumbs up!::
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject:

Is perception going to play much of a roll (any of a roll?) with the fighting part of combat any more? I know it helps with drops and stuff, but will it impact anything else?
 Back to top »
Earthheart

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject:

Im fairly adaptable, once I get a calm minset so Im all good with the set up too. And I damn sure like it here better than other realms. the staff are ass-kickin awesome.
-I use fast kills of lesser critters to help protect newbies. I never seach the kills cause I figure if I do it it wont have anything.
-I have bugged it a couple times but with my typin skills they aint no tellin what I actualy said in my bug (coughs) My defensive shields, magma static, corr armor, glacial.... I cast them and you can see them on me, but the critters knock me snotless over and over and take no damage, Jade and I tested it in arackus last night to be sure I wasnt mistaken. An arack beat me until the shields fell and it didnt have a mark on it. I never moved, just to make sure. I think the shields stopped working when they became visible. And it doesnt seem to matter if its an asapi or a beetle or a chith. If thats any help.
-I seem to have had my stats all wrong for combat so thats more en likely why I had so much trouble when the changes started. I am working to correct that now and have already seen improvements. Bless ya for Impale, it rocks. I have noticed tho that my razors hit harder with it (from slight ,light and fair to good and strong) but the razors arent a piercing weapon so if I'm bein bad by using it lemme know. It makes my chain and sickle a thing of beauty ((growls softly))
Okay I have addressed my thoughts and concerns so Ima hush before I get any more typos.
Thanks for the hard work and making me that I count as a player. And all the awesome fun we have.
Earthie
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject:

SolitaryTurnip wrote:
Is perception going to play much of a roll (any of a roll?) with the fighting part of combat any more? I know it helps with drops and stuff, but will it impact anything else?

yeah, i do have to say i regret perception being totally out of the picture.
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
SolitaryTurnip wrote:

Won't aiming be coordination/perception, esspecially for body parts?

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
soundless wrote:
SolitaryTurnip wrote:

Won't aiming be coordination/perception, esspecially for body parts?

i don't know, won't it? i'm going by the list that trevor posted, and it wasn't mentioned either way.
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject:

And this, my children, is what happens when you train religiously from an old news article on combat stats, to the exclusion of all other stats.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject:

To be fair, the "old" article was accurate until about 12 hours ago.

I used it and I'm still fine, but I don't think it's that much of a problem for anyone since we're going to be able to retrain stats soon-ish.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Combat Update Outline.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: