FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Day in the Life of a Counselor
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Out of Character Discussions » Day in the Life of a Counselor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Day in the Life of a Counselor

So, yeah. I had a really random idea while working on some homework: it'd be cool to get a general idea of what all you Counselors face in a common day. Something like...

Quote:
I wake up, check the boards, then debate the pros and cons of suicide while reading endless bitchfests between Yaru, Kit, and William. But then I decide to peruse Google for images of cow births.

...But with more interesting tid-bits and inside-joke kinda stuff. You get the idea.

--William

PS: It's better than complaining about treasure, at least.

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject:

Code:
Main:
 check email, boards, cnn, blahblah
 contemplate working on something
 goto Main

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
So, yeah. I had a really random idea while working on some homework: it'd be cool to get a general idea of what all you Counselors face in a common day.

I've usually been up for hours before any of this happens, and I'm usually (unless I'm doing alterations) done for hours before I go to bed....and no, I'm not sharing what I do in my off-time in this thread. Besides, I have a husband and children, so I'm sure it's probably fairly easy to figure out.

1. Check email
2. Read the boards and wonder why certain nameless people have to spend half a thread writing one line come-backs and nonsensical jabs to each other. Shocked
3. See who else (staff) is online and awake, say hello, jib-jab for a bit - usually about x bad thing/person/trend/etc. of the day.
4. Check the assistance que - if not empty, decide which assists I might be able to help out with and try to take care of them. The ones I can't...well...sorry.
5. Check my assigned bugs and suggestions for anything new. Delete anything that I'm already working on and wonder why the same people bug (or suggest) the same thing over and over and over.
6. Check the lists of unassigned bugs, typos and suggestions to see if I need to take care of any. If not, assign any that definitely belong to a specific GM. Recheck the unassigned ones to see if any is of dire urgency or easy to fix and fix them.

What follows varies depending on the day, but it is usually the first one:

7. Look at X health or Medic system (sometimes more than one) I'm working on, refresh my memory a little and start hacking away at code again.
8. Get really sick of staring at the computer and decide to go do something productive as far away from it as possible.

OR

7. Log in an alterer because I'm feeling psychotically masochistic. Laughing
8. Finally finish the last alteration at far too late of a time and go to bed immediately with my shoulders aching, my head hurting and my eyes burning.

And there you have it.

Please note that most of the above was written with tongue firmly in cheek, so if you are offended...sux2beu.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Marduk

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:17 am    Post subject:

1> Wake up.
2> Hope to god a certain few people (who shall remain unnamed) haven't posted in any of the topics I'm obliged to read.
3> Go back to bed.

Quote:
i noticed that the swoosh symbol was nothing but a whip in mid swing

-- Sage Francis
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject:

My day starts with reading my e-mail and checking the boards. Usually I do that from work while I'm drinking the first of many cups of coffee. That way by the time I get home, I have an idea of what I need to work on. If it's particulary slow, like it is right now, I'll log in from work and putz around a bit, but that's not the norm.

By the time I get home, I'm usually not in the mood to work on anything, but I do anyway, albeit slowly Laughing Usually I chit chat a bit, get some more coffee, and then try to get something done. Most times I'll check the assists or my bugs before I do anything else. The weekends are my catch up time, so I try to get as much done as I can then. I try and split my time between Troopers and history stuff, but usually one wins out over the other. Right now it's Trooper time Very Happy I tend to get tired of working on stuff and putz around again later in the evening, and usually end up passing out sometime around midnight or so, well on a work night. You'd think with all the coffee I could stay awake.....

Umm, I think that's about it, exciting no?

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Out of Character Discussions » Day in the Life of a Counselor
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: