FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Elemental Request
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Elemental Request
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject:

HR-Mickey wrote:
If feelings are really this hard over critters that can (gasp!) hurt you, consider this fair warning not to hunt in my new area once it opens.

As Will pointed out, the point was just that. It sucks having them tweaked mid-fight. I could care less about getting injured\killed in an invasion or hunting, it actually makes things more exciting. But attacking and killing shit just to have them suddenly become invincible from that standpoint isn't fun at all.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Tugor wrote:
From what I can tell, it does indeed. Everytime I shoot a few times standing, missing, I try kneeling and hit. Luck? Who knows, but results say it all.

i've been pushing the fact that kneeling helps ranged weapons yet hinders defense thing since forever. you guys need to trust me more often! Razz
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject:

HR-Mickey wrote:
If feelings are really this hard over critters that can (gasp!) hurt you, consider this fair warning not to hunt in my new area once it opens.

nowbi champion ku kalla?

i don't think the issue is that things were hurting the people fighting them, but that one moment they were able to kill "a big evil bob" with relative ease and the next one that came seemed to be killing them. and, with that issue, it wasn't that harder things showed up, but that the creature was called "a big evil bob" and not "a bigger evil bob".

honestly, i like that there are things which can kick yaru's ass. yaru's supposed to be susceptable to missle attacks right now, as well as the fact that he's not supposed to be a powerhouse that can't be harmed. if he can get his ass kicked, then i have a reason to keep training skills/stats, and that reason is sweet, sweet revenge.

edit: i relate it to how i reacted to invasions in the past. i'd know to hunt the asapi, chith, chith oracles, chith mystics, and so on, but once the modan kucho came in, i'd know to haul ass out of there. it's hard to know when to haul ass when the names of things aren't different. then again, maybe you want that element of "oh shit, it's one of the GOOD ones!" when it comes to these guys. who knows. Wink

Last edited by soundless on Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject:

ahhhh the image of Beau giving Marduk a lap dance makes me giggle

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
SoulTorn
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject:

I'll just file this away until they next appear, I guess.

More on it then.

-Chris
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject:

For the record, once more, to my knowledge these critters were not tweaked mid-battle during last night's events. As I was running the event without aid from any other GMs, I can't imagine that someone else did so either.

That doesn't explain what happened, however, if you're kneeling in a room...while your aim may be better, your chances of being hit are also greater...a lot harder to dodge things on your knees.

My reasoning behing releasing non-aggressive elementals along with aggressive ones was indeed to make things confusing. Its also possible, but not likely, that system lag decreased mid-invasion allowing the elementals to attack more frequently and recover stamina faster.
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject:

HR-Beau wrote:
My reasoning behing releasing non-aggressive elementals along with aggressive ones was indeed to make things confusing.

oh, that's why? i was figuring that the elementals were just acting according to the way they're generally depicted. fire's violent, so that's aggressive. shadow's evil, so that's aggressive. water and wind, to me, aren't that violent (although they can be strong), so they were just defensive.

and i'm not thinking you did any tweaks and are just lying about them. my only complaint is that yaru died at the waterfall while i was out eating dinner! damn you! heh.

ps: and i hardly find yaru dying unfair or anything silly like that. it made sense for a shadow elemental to wait there for people since that IS where people tend to hide during an invasion. next time i'll be further out of the way from CC when i go afk, like i am now! Wink
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject:

I don't normally purposefully target idle people, but at one point Yaru was active I believe, so I saw people clustered together...generally I only released shadows on people who could either have a chance of standing up to them, or on large groups. And the elementals do tend to act as you might think, but like I said, I release them in a battle for confusion and the IC reason that....what was holding them in check was put out of balance. They also, likewise, have differing alignments.
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject:

HR-Beau wrote:
I don't normally purposefully target idle people, but at one point Yaru was active I believe.

it's no big deal. i just take it as one of the risks associated with leaving a character IG to drain, sorta like leaving the oven on before going to a friend's house.

i'll take it as a compliment that you expected yaru to be able to handle a shadow elemental. Wink
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject:

He wasn't alone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject:

HR-Beau wrote:
He wasn't alone.

lies. this is all about me. i am king of haelrahv.
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject:

You're never alone. And they ARE out to get you.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject:

HR-Beau wrote:
That doesn't explain what happened, however, if you're kneeling in a room...while your aim may be better, your chances of being hit are also greater...a lot harder to dodge things on your knees.

Heh well I stood up before they attacked. It must have been some kinda fluke but Tshar was hitting them just fine with aimed attacks and at some point he could no longer hit them nor defend their attacks, but he had been defending against them fairly well before. I have no idea what was up, it was just irritating to be killing them then suddenly they are invincible, or so it seemed at the time.
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject:

I noticed the same thing with the shadow elementals. I couldn't kill the ones that showed up later.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject:

HR-Beau wrote:
As for box dropping, while shards are not a bad idea, I'm thinking that 10k is just....really messed up as a figure.

Idea time.

Elemental shards that boost something.

Shadow elemental: Stealth. That's about all I got, though.

They could be rubbed to give a slight bonus in a certain skill for a certain amount of time. One time use.

Or...

They could be stringed through cord, or something, to give a slight bonus to a certain skill. Being worthless to any NPC merchant and also semi-rare.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Elemental Request
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: