FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Questions about Gadgets
Goto page Previous  1, 2
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » Questions about Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Sorkaa wrote:
I was wondering why there was all this stuff to repair broken parts when most of the parts you find aren't broken, besides the fact that the system is really cool, of course. Then Kit said it taught well, so I thought I'd try it out. I finally found a broken tube..and there's no manual for tubes. Sad

repairing doesn't just fix things, but also enhances how useful the component can be.
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
Sorkaa wrote:
I was wondering why there was all this stuff to repair broken parts when most of the parts you find aren't broken, besides the fact that the system is really cool, of course. Then Kit said it taught well, so I thought I'd try it out. I finally found a broken tube..and there's no manual for tubes. Sad

repairing doesn't just fix things, but also enhances how useful the component can be.

You repair both the quality and it's useablity in an item. If you find shoddy stuff, first you repair it to make it look good again. Then you clean it to increase it's quality.

Drake said that pipes and tubes are the same thing. They use the same manual. Make sure to study the manual until you are an expert...type REPAIR to find out where you are.

You can find out information at the Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Despite the fact that I studied the pipe manual, I need a welder to fix my tube..and there are none in the workoom.
 Back to top »
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject:

That's just for the broken pipes/tubes. I'll put the welders in in a second.

Edit: They're in now.
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Yay, thanks.
 Back to top »
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions about Gadgets

Kit wrote:
Will forgetting the manuals be like it is with spells? You only forget them if you're active? If you're idle or sign out do you still slowly forget them?

You'll forget them slowly whether you're logged in or not. It would take a couple months to completely forget them, however, so it's not fast process by any means.

Kit wrote:
Can we get a repair bonus to the workrooms like there are in the other lab types? +6 to Alchemy in an alchemy lab.

Sure, if I can remember how.

Kit wrote:
Can we get curtains to our lockers in there? Maybe in the hallway? Carrying around all these parts and manuals and tools is insanely heavy.

No.. probably not. I think I'm going to install lockers that can only store gadgets and gadget components, though. We'll see.

Kit wrote:
Can the tool belts be JUST WORN and not really belts? That way we can wear a belt and one of these tool belts? Or, better yet, just the tool belts to tool pouches.

I'm putting in some new/different types of supply belts right now, that aren't belt-worn.
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject:

FYI, you don't need to be an "expert" to repair the components, that just lets you know you're as good as you can get. You can repair them just fine when you know "most" of the knowledge from the manuals.
Kit

Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject:

HR-Drake wrote:
FYI, you don't need to be an "expert" to repair the components, that just lets you know you're as good as you can get. You can repair them just fine when you know "most" of the knowledge from the manuals.

Zap, level 11, couldn't do repairs at all until he was expert level.

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject:

Trust me on this one. Wink You don't HAVE to be an "expert".
Kit

Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject:

HR-Drake wrote:
Trust me on this one. Wink You don't HAVE to be an "expert".

I do! I just had to put up with the poutting for half a day when he was knowledgeable enough to repair...but the system told him to study more when he tried to fix anything. It kept doing that until he got to expert. For ME, I could study to knowledgeable.

Back to top »
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject:

Any plans for unique components? Or more rare at least? Or perhaps limited edition components: a certain number of a specific part in the treasure system, then no more.
Kit

Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject:

Tugor wrote:
Any plans for unique components? Or more rare at least? Or perhaps limited edition components: a certain number of a specific part in the treasure system, then no more.

Well, we know that some components can only be bought. But if there was a limited edition bunch, that would be awesome because we can take gadgets apart again.

Back to top »
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject:

Drake made a change last night that raises the bar for "as much knowledge as you need," so it should actually be accurate now and invalidate previous experiences.
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject:

Sorkaa wrote:
Drake made a change last night that raises the bar for "as much knowledge as you need," so it should actually be accurate now and invalidate previous experiences.

Yes. And he added a belt worn sack. <3 Thaaaaaaaank you! I'm sorry, this system makes me so excited. It's wonderful. I even like the boo boos.

Back to top »
shalpa

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions about Gadgets

Drake wrote:

Kit wrote:
Can we get curtains to our lockers in there? Maybe in the hallway? Carrying around all these parts and manuals and tools is insanely heavy.

No.. probably not. I think I'm going to install lockers that can only store gadgets and gadget components, though. We'll see.

A locker to store the parts would be way, way, WAY awesome! If you do that, will it be limited by weight or quantity?

Also, could we have a comfy break room up or downstairs? Those steel chairs are HARD to sit on, and I'd like to be able to set my gamojab down somewhere less dangerous than among all the power tools that he likes to chew and pull on.

Oh! Putting the lockers IN the break room would be perfect!

"What happens if I..."

***BBZZZZZTTT!!!***

"...Oh."
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » Questions about Gadgets
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: