FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
More stuff...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » More stuff...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
Re: Costumes

As far as I know, "disguises" are still under consideration for agents (through the Streetwise skill). Though I suppose you could make disguises make you look like a wandering NPC and costumes be, as you said, like holo-masks.

Perhaps Mickey could setup a second round of boons or something for <arbritrary level> that could include a costume alteration. Oh, that's pretty great.

I hope disguise will give us the ability to disguise our voice when speaking from the shadows.

I see Performers kind of like actors, so basically them being able to be what they want if there skills provided it. But like I said, I'll try to make it more clear with a little time.
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject:

Okay, going back on an old post from the Performer section ...
http://www.haelrahv.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=609

I like the idea of Performers being able to get other profession titles. While Agents try to hide their profession and would rather claim something else rather than what they really are --most of them, anyways-- I really don’t think they’d have the skill to provide evidence to being another profession other than their word. Performers on the other hand, I think, have the skills to become things they’re not. To an extent. Some actors, band members, mimes, and I think even Kiss did/do their own make-up to change their appearance, so maybe our Performers can do something similar. Maybe even provide the service for some non-Performers.

Now, with disguise being brought up ... we so need Mission Impossible style masks with ID cards (similar to the key cards) that have a time limit before your recently-purchased identity melts away, or something.

Also, with the justice system and bounties coming out soon enough ... Us evil-doers need a place to pay for our bounties at a lower price. I was going to send this in more detail and with an example to you by e-mail, Trevor. But I’ll just toss it up here instead. Now, to keep people from doing a crime and running straight over to this area, there would need to be a certain amount of time you have to avoid law enforcement officers. The speed of how fast word of your crime, or a wanted poster reaches this place, would depend on the crime. Small ones taking more time, larger crimes getting passed around town faster. I even have an unfinished area description/idea for this area.
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject:

I’m just going to keep tossing things up here...

HR-Trevor wrote:
One of these eons, I'd like to start a medieval era project though.

I’m not fully sure what Trevor meant by this when he wrote it in another thread, but it gave me an idea. Time travel. Maybe a time-machine can be invented between now and live, it could take us to past era’s to hunt, shop, or other things.

Now, someone suggested having teleportation devices, but...

HR-Drake wrote:
Eh, personal teleportation devices are highly unlikely, and, as William mentioned, would make mage/psionic abilities very un-unique. So I'd say it's a no-go with those.

I don’t think they should be tossed completely out of the picture, though. Live is going to bring new areas, no? So, maybe one of those area could only be reachable be teleporting devices.

Just two thoughts ... now off to post another Agent idea
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject:

I would say there's no plan at this point to incorporate time travel. I know some people who decided to make a MUD have tried genres where you could travel all through time and while I do think it's possible to pull something like that off and not seem cheesy in the process, I think you have to sacrifice a lot of continuity and flavor of your actual world to do so. A lot of the moving parts become irrelevant and instead such a game would have to be designed to revolve around characters rather than the world(s) they are in, IMO.

I don't think Drake necessarily meant to imply teleportation via tech means would never happen, I think he meant to imply it's not likely that techs will receive a teleportation ability used in every day gaming in HR. Teleporters could occasionally exist and be independent of the tech profession, or they could require maintenance by techs to get techs involved, but we're talking about uncommon, stationary technology with one destination.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject:

I was thinking of adding some extra plain old-fashioned Performer titles just to touch on things a Performer that isn't necessarily music-minded might prefer; acting, production, etc, but I dislike opening a situation where other professions might feel jilted at lacking extra titles.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Teleporters....like the new transit system in the Datastream Technologies building? Don't get lost.
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject:

HR-Beau wrote:
Teleporters....like the new transit system in the Datastream Technologies building? Don't get lost.

They're awesome, honestly. Big thumbs up. Zap had suggested in the tech folder about personal devices or way stations (like the crystal or the stones) where one could use periodically (based on one's essence and the state of repair of the device) or have to buy transporter cards for some hefty fees. A technological way to get around using magic.

Dispaired or broked devices could even kill you on use.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject:

HR-Mickey wrote:
I was thinking of adding some extra plain old-fashioned Performer titles just to touch on things a Performer that isn't necessarily music-minded might prefer; acting, production, etc, but I dislike opening a situation where other professions might feel jilted at lacking extra titles.

i can't wait for my artisan to hit 70 (two more months, unless the new exp system comes out, heh), because there's like three profession titles that come out at 70.
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
Dispaired or broked devices could even kill you on use.

Hell hath no fury like a depressed teleportation device?
 Back to top »
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject:

Even more thoughts...

A few things Artisans could maybe play with ... papier-mache, plaster, molds, paint, and makeup, which could lead to...

Mask making: Along the lines of the costume thing, Artisans could craft masks, which Performers could use to alter their appearance. It could also call for more things, such as spray guns for applying paint or makeup to the masks. Technicians could have a part in supplying the guns, while Trackers could give skins or scalps to use for hair and fur.

Another thing for Artisans,

Advertising Art: I’m not fully sure on this, but what I had in mind was something like Artisans being able to take a simple plain piece of paper and making it nice and pretty by using drawing skill, or something. Making more elaborate designs than available when you buy paper at the post office. Example,

Before:
Code:
>flick my flyer
You flick your finger against a custom flyer.

After:
Code:
>tap my flyer
You tap a flyer titled “Party” in bold calligraphy.

Also, being able to glue pictures on flyers and stuff. Like so,

Code:
>read flyer
It reads:
Blah, blah, blah....

~ Blah ~
You also see a photograph and a photograph glued to the flyer.

You could then look at the pictures to get a better idea of what the flyer is about, or whatever. I think it would be good for player created events and such.

Lastly,

Hairstyles: I think some of the hairstyles Haelrahv has, should be player-do-able. I could see it being a profession-only thing ... Artisan or Performer, or both. Whatever.
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject:

As for advertizing, another suggestion:

People should be able to pay DT to run their commercials on the monitors.

Hairstyles though...

Hairstyling sounds like a trade....it's neither artisany nor performery...maybe wig creation would be better for artisans. Agents could use em for disguise kits, performers for plays and things.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject:

The basic plan behind the Datastream Communications setup is to allow players to broadcast their own shows, either on a regular or occasional basis. As far as advertising goes, that shouldn't be a problem either.
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject:

Daedalus wrote:
Wandering trainers: Lets make ‘em trackable! Just for those lazy people who claim they’ve looked everywhere and have to ask.

Having not trained in almost two years, I'd like to bring this back to the drawing board. Finding them is annoying when you forget their habits.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » More stuff...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: