Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Weaving
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Crafting & Trades » Weaving
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject:

None of the weaving stuff will disappear when the fest is over; a shop of some variety will likely show up somewhere on Echak Island.

And I feel I should elaborate on my statement on the Artisan level requirement, having given it thought; there isn't a strict level requirement for weaving, but there is an inherent skill level for each type of fabric -- so higher level Artisans will still maintain a greater degree of versatility.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Will the dyer remain Mickey?

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject:

It'll all be preserved, including the dyer (the latter in some form or another).

---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
 Back to top »
zamde
Maestro

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject:

I'll ask again, directly...:

What the hell? When exactly did Artisan become the top profession of uber-controversy? And why are people losing bowel control when the make-stuff-monkey profession... makes stuff? What the hell else do you want them to do?

If feelings are going to that hard, entertain this suggestion: The weave-covetous Trackers can agree to swap out some Tracker-only abilities to Artisans in return for weaving. Like the standing stones, for one. Wouldn't that be novel? Gemcutter artisans could get to Jareya a zillion times faster, and there'd be nothing to stop Trackers from making all the crushed velvet caches they wanted, entirely from scratch.

And while we're rationalizing, my stealth and marksmanship are maxed out, and so is my tracking; when the hell am I getting my snipe and cover-tracks ability?

Edit: Better yet, let's just skip the semantic bullshit entirely and do away with professions and exclusive abilities altogether. I bet we'd have a lot more fun standing around Cloud Court hating the game because we're all mirror images of one another.

Dixie Pierce says, "I heard Zamde can't have kids cause she lactates poison."

[Telepathy] Yaru Dex projects: I thought Zamde doesn't have kids because her womb is full of aisobs.

You can't spell "slaughter" without 'laughter'.

Llanfair Anti-Cyber Brigade Member #0000
 Back to top »
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Well, the request to apologize to those that worked on this event was probably aimed toward the big stink you (and others, I know) caused over such a relatively trivial thing

No actually I asked Yaru to quit smirking off on how much i spent over the comms and he replied to me that I had to apologize to Mickey and Valla for being a ranting ass and asked if I had anything else to discuss.

There was not "request" , it was a rude way for Yaru to lash out at me.

The only comment I have to Zamde's post is this... there are things in this game that professions share, caches, spells, powers, sniping, stones/paths and seams (basically same thing), repairing cyberware, and im sure theres more than that. So why is it so hard to imagine a tracker that weaves? Im not demanding it be changed, but all i have been saying this whole time is that. I have the same skill and stat requirements so why not? Yaru was making it seem like tracker's are so inferior to artisans and we have no right to even contimplate the idea of weaving and i don't agree. Simple as that.

Bullshit or not, the way that we (meaning trackers) have been treated because of this is outright rude, making it like we're the ONLY people to have EVER said well why can't our profession do this too. Im tired of having to defend my feelings and tired of people saying that i shouldn't ask questions or ponder things like why a tracker can't weave. That's what this whole game is about, figuring out what should happen where and with who so that when live comes out the game will be awesome for all.

The sign was fixed, great. Trevor's reimbursing, great. Yet I am still being criticized for how I (and other trackers) felt. I don't get it and truthfully I'm done with it.

~Josie
You forcefully swing your fluffy pillow at Trevor Rage and hit him on the rear sending feathers flying everywhere!
Your swing knocked Trevor Rage down!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject:

if you can't tell that you were ranting yesterday, then i wish i had saved logs to prove the point.
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject:

hr-mickey wrote:
3) It goes without saying that the skill names are pretty generalized and shouldn't be overanalyzed, because those skills are triple-trainable for their profession-applicable context. Artisans are able to triple-train Repair and Medics triple electronics, but it obviously doesn't qualify them to start tinkering with comm chips and gadget-fixing. Guardians and Mages aren't going to start arguing cases with triple-trained Persuasion, and it's highly unlikely Athletics and Acrobatics-trained Performers are going to go out for a gold medal in an olympic marathon.

---
---
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
 Back to top »
Moriath

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Josie I would have alot more respect for your ranting (and yes it was ranting as much as you try to deny it) if you actually were a TRUE Tracker. You go on and on about us the Trackers, have you even completed a full level as a Tracker? I seriously doubt it, and I find it even harder to believe that you have what it takes to be a Tracker or understand what it means to be a Tracker. In my eyes you are a Wannabe Tracker, until you have stuck it out a bit, and that exculdes your..what one week..perhaps two weeks of Tracker-hood so far. DO NOT group all Trackers in your petty bullshit of who should have what and why you feel they should. If you are going to act this way, do so on your own two feet without trying to drag the rest of our profession down with you. And yes I have read your posts and your not so gracious re-posts of trying to cover your ass, and find all of them pathetic and petty. I am embarrassed to even say that you are a member of the Tracker profession, and will pray daily that you jump ship back to Mage, so that you can continue your annoying diatribe of why you should be the best at everything and how unfair you think the world is to you.

As for you Kit, you are hypocritical and just as petty. There is no need for me to waste my time in pasting them all, you do just fine yourself, everytime you post.
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject:

I am surprised that the only two people that are actually cussing and calling names....are two people who should respect others more than to bring that kind of "trash" to the public boards. and thats all im going to say about your post
You forcefully swing your fluffy pillow at Trevor Rage and hit him on the rear sending feathers flying everywhere!
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject:

yeah, logical rebuttals have no place here.

josie, i'm sure you have a right to be upset, but you really can't expect people to see you as having a good reason to feel slighted or hurt over this.

you just jumped from being a mage to being a tracker, and even said you are considering jumping back. so you can't POSSIBLY accuse me of not understand because you have so much more tailoring skill than me. of course you do, you took the character you leveled as a mage and put her into a whole new profession, picking and chosing as you went.

that's like me leveling as an artisan up to 100, then becoming a mage and accusing trevor of making a crappy magic system because i worked so hard to use my spells but now it's all for nothing.

i'm not sure what you're really missing out on, i guess. you're testing how to be a tracker, so it's not like you have a huge dedication to the profession. you're also not losing anything you got that made you want to BE a tracker. nothing was lost. you still tailor just as well as before. if anything, you have more fabric options available to you. the only constraint is that you have to ask an artisan to make the fabric. but, even if you don't want to do that, you're still able to use all the fabrics and skins you were able to use before, so nothing is lost.

i don't get what is so wrong with artisans being able to weave and trackers not being able to weave, other than the fact that you're jealous of artisans (which is hilarious itself. i mean, i love my profession and all, but painting and weaving aren't exactly cornerstones of haelrahv that we have in our iron fists).
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject:

let me put it out there again. I AM NOT FEELING SLIGHTED ABOUT THE DAMN LOOMS!!!!!!!!!!!

I was simply asking a question and now evidently I'm to be burned at the damn stake for it.

As for my reallocating, Josie had maxed out tailoring and crafts as a mage, so dont tell me i just did it for the tailoring.

I'm not even upset about the weaving anymore good god people if you read my damn posts you would see that. You keep badgering and badgering making me feel like a complete fuckhead for a. becoming a tracker in the first place and b. because I as a tracker asked the question why not?

I have an artisan of my own that can make the fabric, that was never the issue. If you read my posts I have continuously stated that at FIRST the issue i had was why not, then you started in and Mickey, and Zamde, and Sway and all i did was ask the one damn question that every other tracker was asking ME. YES OTHERS BESIDES ME WERE WONDERING TOO. Im the only one who stood up and asked the question and now you are making me out like a bitch who wants it all.

I don't want it all, i never asked to have it all and don't think that I should have it all. Yes I just went to a tracker but that doesnt mean that I am any kind of wannabe. I feel very resentful for that. That would be like Mellie being a wannabe for going from artisan to trooper to artisan, or like Aesal being a wannabe for going from profession to profession all the time. It really hurts to see how people can take one instance and call me the worst person on the planet, and in truth the only thing i feel slighted or hurt over is how you all are treating me for asking the question in the first place.
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Well, we don't see Mellie or Aesal complaining about things whenever they make a professional jump. Though, I'm not going to say everything that's already been said. We all know how everyone feels on the subject. I just hope eventually you will realize just how awful you came off last night. Not from YOUR perspective, but from OUR (the rest of us, including the Counselors) perspective.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject:

I think something in my brain just exploded from a hostility overload.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject:

erm, josie, down girl. i think you're taking what we said even further than we took it. deep breaths.

i'm not even sure what your complaints are anymore. just that you're angry and you find it unfair for us to find it odd that you're angry.

and then it circles a few times and you blow up, or something.

really, calm down.
Damion Stormlancer

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject:

I've been quiet but anyways here is my post. Josie posted a question and yeah it’s logical that if someone has tailoring skills and crafting skills they might have the ability to weave. She didn't say Trackers or anyone who trains crafts should be better then an Artisan who specializes in making things. In her post I haven't read her saying it's unfair. I personally think that everyone who is bitching about people bitching just like to bitch because they are fueling the bitching by even paying attention to it

Sway, Josie in her defense has leveled a few times as a Tracker and I doubt you have the right even though you are a tracker to judge who has what it takes and who doesn't have what it takes to be a tracker as much as I can say someone doesn't deserve to be a Guardian.

I'm going to put it like this Josie spoke up about what she thought, and all I’ve seen from most of the post is that she was mistaken for saying why she thought weaving should be open to others in a lower range. She actually never asked that she just asked why a tracker couldn't figure out how to use a loom a simple response that the system was made for artisans only because even though it was make perfect sense it is something to make the Artisans profession more appealing to be in if you are interested in those sorts of things.

I seen people get upset and pissy about bitching, ranting and whining then turn around and bitch, whine, as a response if speaking your mind is what you all (all as in the people who have stated she was ranting) are considering speaking your mind as ranting. We are all guilty just drop it and enjoy the fest. Which she never in anyways said anything bad about.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Crafting & Trades » Weaving
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: