View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Updates

I'll start posting updates to stuff here. Any other posts'll get deleted. Wink
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject:

The ability to repair gadget parts should be in tomorrow night. You'll need to research repair manuals in order to be able to repair each type of part. This should give you guys something to do while you wait. Wink

You'll not only be able to make the parts' quality better, but increase their pawn value as well.
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Yes, repair manuals will be in the grey building.

I told you guys other posts would get deleted. Razz
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject:

The Llanfair Tech Workshop has opened, as have the Sales room and Workroom inside it.

Right now, only part manuals are being sold. Anyone that has read the manuals and has sufficient repair knowledge can repair gadget parts. Techs will have a slight bonus to repairing parts. Only techs will be able to create gadgets, as has been stated before.

Edit: You need to be wearing a tool belt that has supplies in order to repair gadget components. These are sold in the sales room in the Workshop.

Your knowledge of how to repair each type of part will deteriorate with time, so after a few weeks you'll have to re-read your manuals (or buy new ones and read those if you lost your old ones) to keep your mind fresh.
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject:

A few updates:

Some different supply bags (that aren't worn as belts) are now sold in the workshop.

Only tools, gadget components and unfinished gadgets can be put in the supply belts/bags.

Knowledge decay has started.
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:54 am    Post subject:

Rio Ceres is available in the Llanfair Tech Workshop to refill supplies on empty or partially empty tool supply containers.

Just ASK RIO ABOUT SUPPLIES.
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject:

There was a miscalculation with repairing gadget parts.. gadgets should now be able to be repaired significantly faster than before.
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject:

I changed the rate at which gadget parts are found; excellent gadget parts will be found far less frequently, average parts will be found a little less frequently, and poor parts will be found the most. The reason for this is I want great parts to be a rare thing, and perfectly made gadgets to be even more rare. This isn't to say you can't still make good gadgets, just that perfect ones will be much harder to come by.

Also, the quality of parts found might be lower than before, meaning you'll be spending a little more time repairing them.
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject:

Three preliminary gadget schematics are available for purchase. If there are any bugs relating to anything with studying or gadget assembly, create a thread on this board (and if there's already a bug thread, just post in there, don't make a 2nd, 3rd, etc thread...). I'll see it much faster that way.
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject:

You'll notice flood lights in the workrooms now. If these aren't turned on, or if you don't have some other light source in the room that's turned on, the darkness will hinder your ability to make good gadgets, and make you a lot more accident-prone.

If the bulbs in them burn out, just replace them with a large light bulb, and turn 'em back on. Make sure you turn 'em off when you're done, just out of courtesy. Wink
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject:

No more being able to log into expired workrooms. Oversight on my part.
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Schematic knowledge will now deteriorate. Also, non-techs' gadget component repair knowledge will deteriorate faster (on average) than techs' knowledge.

The REPAIR verb is also updated to show schematic knowledge. I thought about putting that onto the ASSEMBLE verb, but it's nice having it all in one spot. Wink
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Comm chips can now be appraised to find out if they have an integrity upgrade or not.. and if you try to upgrade a chip that's already been upgraded, you will be denied. Wink
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject:

I won't bother you with lame excuses, but with the crash of my hard drive and the loss of everything I had regarding Haelrahv, I got a little disheartened (imagine many hundreds of files going poof with no recourse).. so I tried writing up a program that would assist in the restoration of a lot of the code I had on my HD, but that didn't work out so well either.. and the last couple weeks I've had some health issues (and after I got off the antibiotics, I came down with a nasty cold that kept me bedridden for a little while as well).. anyway, I'll be restoring my Hael info manually and trying to get something out for you guys ASAP. Sorry for the absence :/
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Both the finding and following features of droids with GPS has been altered to take into account the skills of the droid, the droid's owner and the target. It is also possible that the droid may lose track of the target while the target moves from area to area.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » Updates
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: