FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
New Skill System Transition Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Test Instance - New Skill System » New Skill System Transition Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulTorn
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject:

I've used every reallocation I've had.(I think that's 6 or 7)

Throughout, Glim's remained an Eolai Psionic(as he was before this instance of the game)

One reallocation was used when Unlock became (in my view) impossible to use. Reallocated, didn't research Unlock, trained Security.(and shuffled a bunch of other skills around a bit)

That's really the only thing I used reallocations for: Shuffling skills. Maybe I wanted to try fishing out, see if I liked it. Or perhaps some Stealth would benefit Glim(seeing as he's meant to be something of a target), etc.

My last reallocation, I switched my secondary weapon specialization from Unarmed to Bladed and 'cleaned up' my skills.(Though now I wish I hadn't trained Fishing as I had after this reallocation. Should have just bought the damned psionic pages off of someone else. Heh)

Not like I had any reallocations left, though, so this does not affect me at all.(even if I did have Standard, I can't imagine leveling a character to 12(?) just for the sake of some reallocations. That's just me, though)

-Chris
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject:

TheTrackerChick wrote:
when I realized that being a tracker doesn't help making bows or arrows.

Not true, trackers do get a bonus. At least for bows, I didn't do arrows so I donno.
HR-Valla

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject:

Trackers get a nice fat bonus to fletching (crafting arrows), and armor crafting.

(Laurel Thatcher Ulrich)
 Back to top »
Damion Stormlancer

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject:

All in all, I think it is sad to see people who seemed to be so happy in their choices to change professions and who were reaping benefits of the profession they changed to, now cry about how its a punishment to them that reallocations are lost, because its not. I do agree it is a selfish attitude, which it is sad to see that some people only think that things are happening to screw them up personally.

Honestly, while I have played HR, and started to play Reallocations saved my behind from poor training until I felt I was getting it somewhat right. I had a hard time understanding what was what and how this skill affects my characters as a Guardian. I wasted Skill points in areas such as Parry, Intimidation, Persuasion, and Research just because the site had marked those skills are special core skill or triple trainable skills.

Yeah reallocations were a wonderful thing but I do agree with the staff on all points I agree with Trevor's quick choice to smash Reallocations immediately. One of my biggest concerns were, whenever sigils were released for Guardians, how many people would reallocate to suddenly fill the Upper ranks that Nojn, Galeth, and myself and whoever else unknown have worked to obtained as guardians learning things along the way.

I am very happy I was able to reallocate to a tracker and use weapons and armor and see how I liked them. In the evil place known as Dragon Realm’s I play a Ranger. Therefore, if people are wondering why ONE day I was using a bow, yeah I was guilty of reallocating to test out using weapons and armor.

Now after the new hunting areas and such and finding out how much perception helps when dealing with ranged attackers since the engagement system is being used again I wish I did do a bit of things differently. I will just have to work to fix the errors I have and deal with where wasted stat points at its simple to train a bit more and put skill points where you wish them to fill in. It takes more time then a magical reallocation in my mind if you really cared about your character then you would do it.

~Damn it don’t make me post again I tend to rant!~
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject:

In my mind, I see that the Reallocation's time passed when people stopped seeing it as a Courtesy and Privilege, and started seeing it as an inherent Right. I may not be speaking for all staff, but I'm pretty sure the latter was never our intent.

We aren't out to stick it to the players, and I think the assessment is unfair when you take into account that you ever got them in the first place. Three stock reallocations plus donating reallocates, not to mention that older players also got a couple other freebie ones? That's more than fair, since you'd be hard-pressed to name a single game out there that offers even one chance at remaking a character like a reallocation allowed you to. I'd like to say I sympathize with the high-level characters who suddenly had a change of heart about profession... but I just don't. We've been open for over two years and counting -- you should know what you want out of your character by now.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TienaRhyker

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject:

Well I tried to read up on this thread to discover why the decision about reallocations was made. I'm fed up. You gave me a headache and I just don't care anymore.

To Trevor: Though I will miss the ability to restructure my skills, thank you because the system was much too often abused.
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Geeez....I go away for a bit to attend to hellish school stuff and you look what you guys did to my thread! Sad

* This thread is down! Medic!
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Nothing is immune.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
TienaRhyker

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject:

I've managed to read a bit more of this thread and I will say I am disappointed in alot of it.

Along with that I would like to say that the whole buying and selling of Reallocations never sat well with me and I hated being asked if I would sell them. To me it all seemed rather wrong.

Personally I have always used reallocations to fix things I wasn't happy with. Tiena has always been an artisan and I do not fancy the thought of working my bum off and someone else of another profession could just reallocate into an Artisan and be better than I can only hope one day to be. It doesn't matter if I like or dislike said person, it still makes me feel bad. I think that people should respect those who feel this way because it is only natural and to be expected, which is why I would have a big problem doing it myself regardless of the purity of my reasons.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Test Instance - New Skill System » New Skill System Transition Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: