FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
New Skill System Transition Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Test Instance - New Skill System » New Skill System Transition Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Tylen wrote:
I doubt I'm the only one who actually does something useful with reallocations.

so what do you use them for.
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Tylen wrote:
Sarcasm, possibly. Ludicrous, hardly.

It's just as valid as the current majority opinion. I doubt I'm the only one who actually does something useful with reallocations.

Reallocations are already a bonus beyond the norm. Granting a player a boon for using another boon is ludicrous. That's like a double reward for doing nothing.

As for the usefulness of reallocations, yes, they can be quite useful. The issue is not their usefulness, but the abuse they have received.

If anyone can honestly say they haven't switched professions at least once to get some kind of professional perk, then kudos to them because they aren't the one who has, in my mind at least, abused a loophole.

We code limitations on purpose. Limitations such as:

1. Only Agents can learn poisons - and only they can decide who should be granted the knowledge outside of their profession.
2. Only Trackers get a bonus to finding exceptional skins - which means they are the only viable source for them.
3. Only Artisans can craft exceptional containers.
4. Only Techs can craft gadgets, etc.

Using a loophole such as reallocation to get around something we hardcoded as a system limitation IS abuse. I've already stated I personally will deal harshly with anyone who does so involving my guruship.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:08 am    Post subject:

I have no further comment on this issue at this time. If anyone feels they should reallocate, reallocate. Just don't expect a 'last minute warning' from the staff.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Nelle
Ooh Nuuurse..

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject:

I can honestly say I never reallocated to another profession. In fact the only time I did use a reallo was to get rid of the rediculous amount of cooking skill that I'd done purely as an RP thing in her first 15 levels.

However.. I've always felt comforted by the fact that I -could- reallocate down the road if I just couldn't stand it any more, which I would RP out somehow.. [disappearing from public to go study or something] and if I could get ahold of one, since I let others have my other two that I'd honestly didn't feel I'd need until the past few months... It was just a perk for me, having come from DR.

Anyway, I personally like the idea of having a single chance to correct training mistakes at least.. like all those ranks of climbing that I have right now and never use. But.. then again I might NEED those climbing ranks to keep up with Tshar's adventuring so in the end it's really a matter of being okay with what you have and can get and not whining about what you don't and being a little more careful about the choices you make.. which anyone that did come from DR should be well used to anyway.

If I honestly didn't want to have the name of Nelle, be a medic, be a female or have XX ranks of this.. then I should also be willing to take the consequences of that choice and start all over again with a new character. If there is a system that will allow me to actually do any of those things without starting over.. then that should be considered a bonus, a perk, a benefit of being in this game and appreciated as such. IMO
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject:

I have been and always will be an agent. Even through reallocations, which I used to adjust some skill points around.

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject:

Sad

But at least it's on track again.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Nelle
Ooh Nuuurse..

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject:

This is as good a place as any to say that Nelle can open the guard boxes now so she's quite content once more. She won't offer to do it for anyone else however, since that's not her 'profession'.

Selfish and unwilling to help?.. or giving the agents a chance to be the ones to do it? *shrugs*

I won't be reallocating is what I mean.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Code:
COMM [0]: Chantice Reiley - "ok I have two tables open today filled with pages, potions, helpful items, 151 pound capacity backpacks ferroniere's and battle standards all at cheap prices and as always I'm willing to trade"

looks like reallocations are being used for the proper purposes, because i sincerely doubt that any actual artisans or trackers were involved in that, especially since it takes 300+ tailoring AS an artisan to pull off 151 backpacks.

it was bad enough when Lynettia decided to mass spam potions to spite dixie in the past when tables first opened, but this mindfuckingly upsets game balance, let alone was done just to spite the non combat classes. at LEAST she did that AS a mage, not by reallocating from tracker to forage and then back to mage to make.

heck, it was done just to spite specificially me, as well, so i'm hoping noone tries this "oh you're just annoyed because it's personal" shit on me. no kidding it's personal.

if this is the kind of enviornment that is permitted to exist, i see no reason to even try to do anything but run money making scripts and not deal with anyone else, because playing fair is obviously not what is really wanted in the game.

i don't blame any GMs for this happening, because i know it's the result of actually trusting the player base. but now that there's no point to even really playing as an artisan anymore because anyone can just randomly reallocate, spam what i see as the best artisan based things in the game, and get away with it, i'm baffled.

the damage is way past done, and i have no idea what to do save watch everything get tweaked again as a result, which only hurts me/mellie/tiena/etc.
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
the damage is way past done, and i have no idea what to do save watch everything get tweaked again as a result, which only hurts me/mellie/tiena/etc.

Trust me, you aren't the only one who is totally peeved about this. She fucked over Trackers too in her reallocating to get exceptional skins.

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Where do you think everyone got poison tomes from but for those couple of people that did the same thing, this is nothing new.

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject:

the blue fairy wrote:
Where do you think everyone got poison tomes from but for those couple of people that did the same thing, this is nothing new.

i'm aware, but that was also before i even started playing HR.

i can't bitch about everything. sometimes you guys have to carry some slack, too.

it keeps me from being like too much of a raving lunatic.
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Just to put my piece in here (before reading back 8 or so pages), I want to point out that the only real reason that Artisan-screwing happened is because I was out of town at the time; if I were actually present to stomp on it, you can rest assured I would have. Even pushover Mickey has a bullshit threshold, and I got shoved well beyond mine with this abusive reallocation crap. And I'm not going to pretend like coming back to it wasn't a huge disappointment.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject:

I have handled this matter in what I believe is an appropriate manner.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Just so everyone knows (like if they're not able to login or something):

Code:
>news 51

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REALLOCATION SYSTEM REMOVED.
The reallocation option has been removed. It will no longer be possible to
reallocate your character's profession, skills, stats or other features. We
apologize for the inconvenience this change may cause, however, it was deemed
in Haelrahv's best interest on a long-term basis.
Author: Trevor Rage - 03/31/05 5:44 p.m.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject:

i don't see how taking it away from those who havent abused anything is considered appropriate... seems like everyone's being punished for things that they haven't done which sux. Especially just an abrupt "they are gone - your stuck with what you have" instead of a "in three days reallocations will be no longer around so if you need to fix your stats, skills, etc you have 3 days to do it before you are no longer able to"

but thats just my opinion
You forcefully swing your fluffy pillow at Trevor Rage and hit him on the rear sending feathers flying everywhere!
Your swing knocked Trevor Rage down!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Test Instance - New Skill System » New Skill System Transition Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: