FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Basic Gadget Ideas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » Basic Gadget Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:39 am    Post subject:

So we're all on the same page here, let me make a clarification on the Artisan thing to squash any theorizing and speculation that inevitably leads to misinformation (not to mention, getting the thread back on track).

There IS NO Artisan teleporting ability. Valla didn't wake up one morning and suddenly decide give them comic book character superpowers.

What there IS, is a crystal (or something like that), much like the two on the Isle of Mist, in the Artisan manor that affords faster transportation to the island (approx. a gain of 7 minutes in travel time). An island, I'll add, that's otherwise dutifully avoided by about 87% of the rest of the playerbase unless a merchant shows up there; hence, I'm not sure why people are suddenly hitting the big red Panic button.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dragonseyes

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject:

I did not intend to reply, but I want to say one thing. That is disgusting, I finally followed your link. If you do me one favor, I would be most appreciative. NEVER compare me to those people again, please. I hate those flyers, and I hate those stories. I do not believe DND in any form, unless taken too far, is Evil. I've probably said too much, but I just wanted to set the record straight, that I am NOT one of THOSE. This is far more personal, and I will not post it.

Last edited by dragonseyes on Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject:

[quote="dragonseyes"]
zamde wrote:
Lastly, I'd like to think we've all matured beyond the concept of burning eternally in a lake of fire. Do I fear for my mortal soul because I used Armor Aura before hunting Kuchos? I'll take my chances.

Haha. Christians are freaks.

And to explain what I said before: Everything here gets explained away by magic instead of technology, which does disappoint me. I like the sci-fi aspect so much better than fantasy...which is why I came here in the first place.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
zamde
Maestro

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject:

dragonseyes wrote:
I did not intend to reply, but I want to say one thing. That is disgusting, I finally followed your link. If you do me one favor, I would be most appreciative. NEVER compare me to those people again, please. I hate those flyers, and I hate those stories. I do not believe DND in any form, unless taken too far, is Evil. I've probably said too much, but I just wanted to set the record straight, that I am NOT one of THOSE. This is far more personal, and I will not post it.

Ahem:

dragonseyes wrote:
Magic is like playing with the Devils doorway. One moment, your cool, next, your being burned alive for an eternity.

If you want to be a hypocrite, that's your own personal choice to make. But don't fucking do it in one breath and then wax self-righteous with me in the next.

Dixie Pierce says, "I heard Zamde can't have kids cause she lactates poison."

[Telepathy] Yaru Dex projects: I thought Zamde doesn't have kids because her womb is full of aisobs.

You can't spell "slaughter" without 'laughter'.

Llanfair Anti-Cyber Brigade Member #0000
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject:

dragonseyes wrote:
Deleted.

stop doing that.

it is getting near-impossible to give you the reason of a doubt anytime you post anythig if you keep fucking around with what you wrote.

you wrote it, deal with it. i'd have an easier time respecting someone who wrote something and then later wrong "sorry for going off the deep end" than constantly writing and deleting shit.
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject:

dont think you have to worry about him posting anymore he left game sayin he wasn't comin back so ya'll should be happy now
You forcefully swing your fluffy pillow at Trevor Rage and hit him on the rear sending feathers flying everywhere!
Your swing knocked Trevor Rage down!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Josie Laurens wrote:
dont think you have to worry about him posting anymore he left game sayin he wasn't comin back so ya'll should be happy now

Heh. I least I haven't left the game yet over heckling. It's sad. One less tech.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Josie Laurens wrote:
ya'll should be happy now

yeah, because my goal was the utter misery and exile of someone.
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
Heh. I least I haven't left the game yet over heckling. It's sad. One less tech.

We know. You're like, un-stopable. Silver bullets, wooden stakes ... they don't work, man. They don't work.
Gabriel

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject:

My gadget idea:

White noise generators. A one-use gadget that lasts maybe a minute. Prevents area-effect spellsongs. Currently, there's no real way to prevent being knocked silly by Drums of Fear, or prevent someone from making your hunting room peaceful short of leaving the room.

-Gabriel
 Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Gabriel wrote:
White noise generators. A one-use gadget that lasts maybe a minute. Prevents area-effect spellsongs. Currently, there's no real way to prevent being knocked silly by Drums of Fear, or prevent someone from making your hunting room peaceful short of leaving the room.

I like it. Even if it's just a headset that only protects you. (Maybe those could be a lower-level gadget, and a higher-level one that protects an area.)
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
Gabriel

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Tylen wrote:
I like it. Even if it's just a headset that only protects you. (Maybe those could be a lower-level gadget, and a higher-level one that protects an area.)

Having them be too common and reusable would be bad, which is why I like the idea of them being one use. It'd also be cool to see some performer enemies, giving them a use outside of PvP.

-Gabriel
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Should there be a variation to prevent/dampen area-effect spells and psionic abilities? Surely there'd be a set of chemicals (when released over an area) that would interfere with one's capability to manipulate the supernatural.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
Should there be a variation to prevent/dampen area-effect spells and psionic abilities? Surely there'd be a set of chemicals (when released over an area) that would interfere with one's capability to manipulate the supernatural.

--William

Already on the drawing board.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Huzzah.

--William

PS: I nominate a spellsong version of it (in case you meant a gadget form of magic/psi dampening). Just because things are great when they're made cyclic.

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » Basic Gadget Ideas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: