FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Stuff!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Agents » Stuff!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject:

Tyger usually considers himself professionless also, he just does what he likes to do.

Professional = Getting paid for what you do.

I don't think I've ever been paid for just being an agent.
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject:

As far as it being in the alley with Hyas I think thats a good idea and an agent only has to be level five to get down there which isnt asking to much and will keep SOME of the mules from getting these type of items. I also agree with having to have a decent amount of streetwise to find them.

A puncture type backstab would be nice, something that if succeful skips past scuffed and stuff and goes straight to a bleeder, of course the succes rate would require really good skill checks.

I love the blackmarket idea aswell, with the extra exits from town. If I remember right though the blackmarket is going to be for anyone with that type of alignment and not just for agents which is great, but I do still hope to see an agent only store thrown in somewhere.

I also agree with the idea of simple (but still painful) bombs and traps for those with just security skill and some proffesion specific would be sweet. The more advance ones could be saved for those with skill in electronis or something of that nature.

Marduk from what I saw so far of snipe I totally love it. Thank you for your hard work.

Stilldawn

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject:

Ambush is not a slashing attack. Ambush is a stealth attack appropriate to the weapon you are using. If it happens to be a slashing weapon, it will slash. If it's a piercing weapon, it will pierce.

If I were to add backstab, it would do the same damage at best and less at worst because it would force you to pierce even with a weapon poorly suited for piercing in your hand.

Ambush does over double damage and has very little "cost" other than the time to hide.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: bombs

Daedalus wrote:
As for Technicians being bomb makers, I'd rather not have to seek help from another profession to have equipment made or things I need for a trap. I'd rather be taught by Hyas how to make the trap and have the things I need for it to be purchasable. And who says it takes technical know-how to make a bomb or a security system? Maybe a high-tech one, yes. But there is a large variety of contraptions you can make and call a security system that don't call for technical know-how, same with bombs.

I'm simply saying that if agents do it, technicians should be allowed to do it as well because they triple train the same skills agents do that would affect bomb craft... Building a bomb -- building anything really -- should have a craftmanship check to it.

As for not needing other professions...well, most roleplaying games are not set up like that for a reason. You need a medic if your hand gets blown off. You need a tracker to find someone in the wilderness or get to Jareya fast. And you should need a technician to build at least the parts for a bomb. 007 had his tech guy behind the scenes. If you're willing to purchase from a shop, why not from a PC?

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject:

There are plenty of bombs that don't require much knowledge in the way of crafting them. All you need is the correct chemicals in the correct proportions, and that's more research-based (or alchemy-based) if you wanted to assign a skill check. For example, diesel fuel + fertilizer = boom. And, really, that should not require any skill checks.

The only point where I could see requiring skill, stat, or profession checks is when you get into bombs that would decimate large areas. Or maybe just a room and its adjacent rooms. I'd agree that those type of bombs would require a bit of planning and knowledge, but at the same time those types should be fairly rare/expensive to produce. For fear of abuse and all of that.

Oh, and...

Quote:
I'm simply saying that if agents do it, technicians should be allowed to do it as well because they triple train the same skills agents do...

Going by that logic, Medics should be able to do anything Technicians do (save repairing) because they also triple Electronics and Research. Just because the same skills are trained do not mean that they're applied equally in both professions.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject:

can we drop this triple-training thing? noone can triple train anything in the upcoming exp system.
Kit

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:

Going by that logic, Medics should be able to do anything Technicians do (save repairing) because they also triple Electronics and Research. Just because the same skills are trained do not mean that they're applied equally in both professions.

--William

Yes, I agree. Electronics for techs factors into our repairing electronics and electronics for medics factors into their using their med gear. Same skill, different application. Just like techs use repair for repairing electronics and Artisans use it for repairing broken artifacts. See? Same skill, different application. Haha.

However, building bombs, lockpicking, repair for cybergear, craftmanship for just about everything crafty, being able to swim and climb and stuff like that is not one profession only. And it shouldn't be. Anyone that has the skills should be able to do them. Including build bombs. So, really, your point is moot.

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
craftmanship for just about everything crafty...is not one profession only. And it shouldn't be.

::disagrees, since his profession is based on 'everything crafty'::
Kit

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
Kit wrote:
craftmanship for just about everything crafty...is not one profession only. And it shouldn't be.

::disagrees, since his profession is based on 'everything crafty'::

Yes, your profession is. Tattooing is (I think) the only artisan only thing. And, of course, artisans can do things better then others. There is very very little that is profession only. Just profession better.

Back to top »
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
noone can triple train anything in the upcoming exp system.

No one man, no one. But profs will learn certain things faster, which gives just as much rationalization to having a hand in a system.
 Back to top »
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject:

the blue fairy wrote:
I love the blackmarket idea aswell, with the extra exits from town. If I remember right though the blackmarket is going to be for anyone with that type of alignment and not just for agents which is great, but I do still hope to see an agent only store thrown in somewhere.

Yeah, for evil aligned people. But if that is how its going to be I'd hope it would be made so that you can only enter after you pass the first level of evilness, this also keeping some of the 'mules' out.

HR-Trevor wrote:
Ambush is not a slashing attack. Ambush is a stealth attack appropriate to the weapon you are using. If it happens to be a slashing weapon, it will slash. If it's a piercing weapon, it will pierce.

Sorry, I should have gone into that more. But like Stilldawn said, a puncture-type attack and maybe have the shop sell a dagger specifically made for 'backstab'.

Kit wrote:
I'm simply saying that if agents do it, technicians should be allowed to do it as well because they triple train the same skills agents do that would affect bomb craft... Building a bomb -- building anything really -- should have a craftmanship check to it.

As for not needing other professions...well, most roleplaying games are not set up like that for a reason. You need a medic if your hand gets blown off. You need a tracker to find someone in the wilderness or get to Jareya fast. And you should need a technician to build at least the parts for a bomb. 007 had his tech guy behind the scenes. If you're willing to purchase from a shop, why not from a PC?

First off...

soundless wrote:
can we drop this triple-training thing?

What he said.

Also, I don't want to be able to build bombs, just able to purchase them from a shop. Why from the shop? Because I don't like to have to rely on people and I play an evil character who isn't all that liked and probably won't be liked a lot more once PvP returns. This making it hard to befriend some people, besides the fact that I don't really wish to befriend most of you. And yes, I know. This is my choice in the way I play and it will have its consequences.
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject:

Playing somone evil is fine, but it is always good to have contacts for certain things. Friend or not.

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject:

Another Agent idea..

Study: I think it would be cool if we could study people’s fighting styles, or something. Giving us an advantage when fighting someone. A few ways this could go...

Lets say I’m stalking someone while they’re hunting, if I study them long enough maybe I could get an idea of where their skills range. Kind of like the rpskill/stat thing ... After studying Bob long enough, I think he is skilled in bladed weapons, or he is familiar with marksman weapons, etc...

Or...

Going along the lines of the flaw/vital thing, maybe it would call for studying opponents before being able to use an attack like this.

Or both.
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject:

Something that would be fun to play with:

A SLIP ability. I hate to say "like in DR", but yeah, cause it was the most fun ability ever. You can slip things into and out of containers without people noticing, or slip things into peoples hands when your in hiding. I would mess with people AFK scripting by slipping rocks into their hands and messing them up.
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:54 am    Post subject:

tygerwulf wrote:
Something that would be fun to play with:

A SLIP ability.

I'm going to have to second this. Since I only entered Dragon Realms a total of three times, I'm not sure how it worked. But Tygerwulf and I were talking about it a while back and I also thought it would be something fun to have.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Agents » Stuff!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: