FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Getting around as a new player.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Getting Started in Haelrahv » Getting around as a new player.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 1:18 am    Post subject: Getting around as a new player.

I thought I'd mention one of the new player luxuries that will be available when you start up.

Each player starts with "a luminescent crystal necklace" which can be used to teleport to different cities. This item contains 5 charges each for the cities of Abbindolare, Bosque, Rinth, Titan City, Virtuoso and Wargale -- that is, all of the profession "base" cities.

It's simple to use, touching the necklace changes your destination, looking into it shows your destination and charges left to that spot, and squeezing it does the actual teleportation.

These items will ONLY work for the person who rolls up with it. Even if you reroll with the same name, the item will no longer work for you.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
PepsiKing

Post Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 11:10 am    Post subject:

Very, very cool. Will there be some sorta planet wide communication system and will these teleporting necklaces be rechargeable by mages or psionics?

PK
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 11:11 pm    Post subject:

The planet wide communication thing is going to be covered with Psionic/Alterian Telepathy, along with technological radios, I think Trevor said? As far as these things being rechargable, I really wouldn't want that.. I mean, it's for the new players, and mainly for the training purposes, I'd like to think. Think of them as a way to preview the main places to visit.

Besides, wouldn't it be kind of cheap to be able to jump from Abbindolare to Wargale (assuming that they're a pretty good distance apart, but you get the idea if they aren't) everyday for the rest of your life in Hael?

--William.. more sunshine!

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 11:44 pm    Post subject:

As far as a channel that actually spans the entire globe at once, I'm really not sure. There will be various communication channels though, and probably SOME way to reach players all the way on the other side of the globe.

The teleport necklaces are not rechargable or craftable. While it's possible we could allow this at very high levels, there are no plans to do so right now, because they're simply way too powerful and would negate much of the point of other forms of transport.

Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 6:28 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The teleport necklaces are not rechargable or craftable. While it's possible we could allow this at very high levels, there are no plans to do so right now, because they're simply way too powerful and would negate much of the point of other forms of transport.

Hehe. Even though the Psionics have that spell that teleports them to wherever they used Photographic Memory.. along with the mages having those spells that teleport them to specific locations -- at least I think they have those, I haven't read the lists in quite awhile. But then.. those are perks for using skill points for Occult Lore 'n Spell Research, I guess.

--William.. tra la la

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 6:38 am    Post subject:

<nod> Instant Recall is not a group ability, and as you said, requires locations to be memorized. It also has range limits, you can't teleport to a location that's too far away, even if you have it memorized. The psi point cost is high as well.

The mage forms have group options but require a lot of training and use the most expensive/valuable components and can only go to specific locations.

Back to top »
HR-Ssyad

Post Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 12:02 am    Post subject:

Hey boss, question. Will the charges in these necklaces dissipate in time without use or will they remain charged until used? Reason I ask is that I see this necklace maybe coming in handy for someone with enough sense to hold on to the thing and only use it in times of dire need. I hope it holds its charge until used accordingly Wink .
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 1:16 am    Post subject:

Charges last till you use em, so yep, you can save it till a rainy day when you're level 100 if you want. Wink

Back to top »
Sainji

Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:25 am    Post subject:

Since most of the ways of getting from one place to another will cost money. What type of currency will we be using? Credits or something else?

And can we walk from one city to another even if they are on two different continents? (I assume we can swim.)

Regards,
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:37 am    Post subject:

There are two common forms of currency. Electonic credits, and for less technologically advanced areas, hard currency is also available in the form of coins.

As for walking, you can get to much of the world this way, but obviously you can't walk over an ocean. Smile You'll need naval, air or magic transportation to reach other continents and islands.

Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:06 am    Post subject:

Quote:
As for walking, you can get to much of the world this way, but obviously you can't walk over an ocean.

I don't know about you, but I certainly can. I'm just that good. Very Happy

Anyway, when you're going from a technologically advanced area to a less-tech area, how would you change your electronic credits into hard currency? Would there be an exchange area inside the Less-Tech area's bank? If it's just a spit-in-the-road town without a bank, would there be some other way of doing it?

--William, just waking up

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:46 am    Post subject:

Depends on the situation/area. Let's use an example. Let's say the city is mostly up with tech and most shops use credits, but some don't. You'd need to exchange somewhere in the city, bank probably.

If you're going somewhere credits are not used at all, you need to exchange before you go there, as there's probably not exchange facilities there.

Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject:

C'mon. Just for the Alpha test, because you know you love us dedicated and devouted fans (freaks?), make the coin-using bastards say something like..

"Alright, fine. I'll record your account number and withdraw from your account next time I'm in the nearest city. But only this once. Don't go thinking I'm going to do this all the time."

It would actually auto-deduct from your account, but yeah. Maybe? Very Happy

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Do they get to deduct 284% handling fee? Wink

Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:21 pm    Post subject:

I think you forgot the decimal. I'm pretty sure you meant ".284%"

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Getting Started in Haelrahv » Getting around as a new player.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: