Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Upcoming Changes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » Upcoming Changes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Two weeks ago I got my last arm done...there was no charge. Is this new? Does the money actually come out of your account? It might have to get checked. And the sheet never said there was a charge when I looked.

Techs get it done for free?

Nothing has changed since we first implemented the system. You get charged from your bank account after you pick your spot. If you don't have enough money, you get thrown out.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject:

HR-Faith wrote:
Brokyn wrote:
I just don't enjoy NPCs that are able to do the job of PCs that've trained hard enough to gain certain abilities. But I do understand that games do need them for certain things.

I prefer to not have them either, however, from a gameplay perspective, especially with a small player base like we currently have, they are necessary. I do intend to make them (at least the ones I have some say over), as I said, more expensive so they will be more of a last resort type of thing, not first choice.

Kit wrote:
Two weeks ago I got my last arm done...there was no charge. Is this new? Does the money actually come out of your account? It might have to get checked. And the sheet never said there was a charge when I looked. Techs get it done for free?

To my knowledge, there has always been a charge (for Techs too) as long as I have been a GM. Typically, most places which accept credits will charge your account first, and only take on-hand cash if you don't have enough in your account.

But the hospital takes onhand cash first....well, I have a foot coming off next promotion, so I'll pay more attention to see the charge line.

I go to the hospital if there are no medics in Cloud Court. I honestly would rather pay higher prices then wait for a medic -- though Dixie and Jace are very good to come quickly if they're awake and Lexia is almost always at Cloud Court.

When I need to be healed, it's usually when I'm losing a lot of blood and I need to be healed quickly. I tend to stay hunting until I can no longer manage the blood flow and then, if no one is in Cloud Court I go and pay my money to stop my blood flow.

It would be really great if there were more medics...but there just aren't because of the small community. It's not like -- god forbid -- DR with medics just sitting around waiting to heal people. And I'm really glad for that, honestly. It just makes finding a medic quickly when in trouble difficult and why I love the emergency room.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject:

First, thank you for your input on cybergear Morrigan. It is greatly appreciated.

the blue fairy wrote:
I however think that hospitals not healing all and body decay is unreasonable at this stage of the game.

1. its very hard to find a medic as it is
2. if you do find a medic you generally have to find a tech too because equipment degrades so fast
3. at the level req. now again its hard to find a medic, even harder to find one that can raise. the whole body decay thing in this current version of the game is a bad idea

Now I think all these are a good ideas for the live game when we have multiple people of each proffesion around on a regular basis

Still

I'll do my best to address each of these concerns.

1. Yes, it can be difficult to find a Medic, especially if you (and this is a general you, not specifically directed at Stilldawn, so please don't take directed offense at what I'm saying) have offended Medics, or if you play odd hours.

However, as I've stated previously, I have no intentions of making NPC healers bypass 'detrimental' wounds. Meaning you are not going to be gushing blood from somewhere still after seeing them. What you probably will have to do is use some dermagel and wait for it to finish healing you, or go back out in the field not completely healed up. I think this is a small price to pay (downtime) for not seeking a PC Medic

In addition, it makes sense, considering one does not expect to get every paper cut bandaged at an Emergency Room. You should go there for emergencies.

2. In addition to my updates, as has been pointed out (and is already in effect for bioscanners), equipment degradation is being lessened. It will still be there, but not as severe as it has been, especially for regenerators. Even so, it is not even currently necessary to seek out a tech after every heal, except perhaps in the most extreme of cases. I tested it when it was first implemented by damaging to max damage every single body part of my slave character, and setting my skills/stats equivalent to a 5th level Medic. I used 2/3 of the integrity of a regenerator. For the most extreme case.

3. Image more often and there won't be an issue. Restore is not a horrible thing, provided you image frequently. Body decay is simply to stop 1) People from laying about dead for hours waiting on a Medic. and 2) Encourage more frequent imaging.

As it is right now, a lot of people don't even bother with imaging because they know, eventually, a Medic will come around who will restore them. This is a change that I feel is needed and necessary, even with this small of a player base. As pointed out previously, there will be more than sufficient time for the typical corpse to get transported to safety (even if they have to be dragged instead of called/rifted/etc.), healed and revived.

Kit wrote:
But the hospital takes onhand cash first....well, I have a foot coming off next promotion, so I'll pay more attention to see the charge line.

As I said, 'typically'. There are exceptions, but they must be handcoded by the GM who built the location/item. The default is credits first (if the place accepts credits).

Kit wrote:
I go to the hospital if there are no medics in Cloud Court. I honestly would rather pay higher prices then wait for a medic -- though Dixie and Jace are very good to come quickly if they're awake and Lexia is almost always at Cloud Court.

When I need to be healed, it's usually when I'm losing a lot of blood and I need to be healed quickly. I tend to stay hunting until I can no longer manage the blood flow and then, if no one is in Cloud Court I go and pay my money to stop my blood flow.

It would be really great if there were more medics...but there just aren't because of the small community. It's not like -- god forbid -- DR with medics just sitting around waiting to heal people. And I'm really glad for that, honestly. It just makes finding a medic quickly when in trouble difficult and why I love the emergency room.

And that is exactly what an emergency room should be for. Emergencies. The emergency room will still handle emergencies in the future. You won't have any more risk of dropping dead in there (or after they are done) than you currently do.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject:

restore is a pain to the extent that you have to get all your shit from your grave in the place that you died, granted its doable but by far a favorite thing for me to do, especially with a death penalty

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Well, even if there isn't a medic around who can revive you, you might still get a drag away.
 Back to top »
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Don't forget that Psionics can call your GRAVE for you as well as your rotting dead carcass, should you restore before someone calls/drags/rifts you to safety in the first place.
HR-Faith

Post Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject:

the blue fairy wrote:
restore is a pain to the extent that you have to get all your shit from your grave in the place that you died, granted its doable but by far a favorite thing for me to do, especially with a death penalty

Well, not that death is supposed to be easy (and it currently is very easy), but...

Also (in addition to Dante's point) don't forget that there is currently no way for you to lose grave items. Even if you wait weeks, you can pick everything up (for a fee) from the back room of the pawn shop.

Death should be scarier than it is now (which is basically not scary at all - from a character and a player POV).

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject:

it would be cool if medics had some kind of tool which let them take your dna and upload it to whatever database that kind of stuff is stored in.

other than that, i'd say make a equip script. or make it so that there's an option to DRESS GRAVE or something that gives the user a 10 second RT for each item they put on (thus making it still take time to get dressed but not punsih someone with a wrist cramp).

or you can just wear less. don't mean to sound rude but it is kind of silly to wear over two dozen items or whatever.
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject:

let me reitterate that I dont think the ideas are bad by any means I think they are needed, I just think its a bad time to implement them. <shrug>

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
Septamus

Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
2. In addition to my updates, as has been pointed out (and is already in effect for bioscanners), equipment degradation is being lessened. It will still be there, but not as severe as it has been, especially for regenerators. Even so, it is not even currently necessary to seek out a tech after every heal, except perhaps in the most extreme of cases. I tested it when it was first implemented by damaging to max damage every single body part of my slave character, and setting my skills/stats equivalent to a 5th level Medic. I used 2/3 of the integrity of a regenerator. For the most extreme case.

I've been going through a regen a heal, other folk like Kit wait until it's almost too late, as a young medic of 9 levels, this is really expensive, but at least I don't cock up and give folk extra heads and feet quite as often as I did. Smile

Very Happy And a very happy, prosperous and healthy 2005 to all from here in UK
HR-Faith

Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
it would be cool if medics had some kind of tool which let them take your dna and upload it to whatever database that kind of stuff is stored in.

There will eventually be other options for imaging besides visiting the hospital imaging services. What are they? Wait and see. (We are allowed to have surprises in store ever so often!)

soundless wrote:
other than that, i'd say make a equip script. or make it so that there's an option to DRESS GRAVE or something that gives the user a 10 second RT for each item they put on (thus making it still take time to get dressed but not punsih someone with a wrist cramp).

or you can just wear less. don't mean to sound rude but it is kind of silly to wear over two dozen items or whatever.

Or an option I used in another game ::coughs:: (where item loss was possible) was writing a script which grabbed everything out of my grave and wore it.

the blue fairy wrote:
let me reitterate that I dont think the ideas are bad by any means I think they are needed, I just think its a bad time to implement them. <shrug>

The only things you will see in the next couple of weeks is from item 1 and 2 on the list (2 is waiting on 1)...and due to some RL medical issues (of mine), those may be delayed by a couple of weeks. When I say a couple, I mean no more than 3, tops. So death mechanics (and body decay), you are looking, at mininum, 2 weeks before I even begin reviewing them, and probably more like 5. The time for further items on my list continues to grow from there.

I'm sorry if you feel it is a bad time to implement them, but I disagree. I feel the only reason it is a bad time to implement them is because it will cause inconvenience, Realistically though, death mechanics -should- cause inconvenience for people, and regardless of when I implement them, someone will be inconvenienced at some point in time.

Septamus wrote:
I've been going through a regen a heal, other folk like Kit wait until it's almost too late, as a young medic of 9 levels, this is really expensive, but at least I don't cock up and give folk extra heads and feet quite as often as I did.

Well, one advantage I had over you was being able to look at the actual numbers on the integrity, so I knew how much damage (number wise) I was doing. I will say that Aeshia (my test character) was covered in all the various malformations by the time I was done with him, but he was healed and I'd used 2/3 integrity (and was doing a malformation about every other wave).

In addition to integrity damage being modified lower for medical equipment, as per my bioscanner update, please don't forget that integrity upgrades will be released for bioscanners, regenerators, emitters and cardiostimulators.

Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject:

HR-Faith wrote:
...and due to some RL medical issues (of mine)...

I hope it's nothing too serious.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Faith

Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
HR-Faith wrote:
...and due to some RL medical issues (of mine)...

I hope it's nothing too serious.

--William

Thank you for your concern, but no, nothing serious. Just debilitating in regard to typing. I have DeQuervain's Tenosynovitis and it acts up from time to time. Right now I'm in a wrist brace and it makes it very difficult to type quickly or for long periods. They told me a brace for 3 weeks (and oral anti-inflamatories) this time. If it isn't better at the end of those 3 weeks, I get steroid shots in my wrist which always seems to 'cure' me for at least 6 months.

Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject:

HR-Morrigan wrote:
Quote:
Two weeks ago I got my last arm done...there was no charge. Is this new? Does the money actually come out of your account? It might have to get checked. And the sheet never said there was a charge when I looked.

Techs get it done for free?

Nothing has changed since we first implemented the system. You get charged from your bank account after you pick your spot. If you don't have enough money, you get thrown out.

Okay, this probably should get fixed...at no time during the limb removal or after does it say it's deducting 2k from your back accounts. Maybe it should be added in there that it does. I've only ever READ the sign-in sheet at the clinic and it says nothing about the charge...I never thought to look at it. Anyhow, just some suggestions to clear up cost confusion.
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject:

TINSTAAFL.

Though, now that I think about it, that saying isn't really applicable to this situation. But at any rate, I thought the $2000 charge was common knowledge.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » Upcoming Changes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: