Upcoming Changes
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » Upcoming Changes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Upcoming Changes

Copied from the Announcements category:
[12.28.04] As a predecessor to releasing the rest of the updates necessary for NPC healing, I'm going to give you all a little more information on what is coming. I'm expecting to hear some moans and groans concerning the level requirement changes, but I believe this is more inline with where requirements need to be and fits well with the upcoming additions for Medics.

My To-Do list
-------------

Currently in the works:
Code:
1.  Rewrite of current equipment including making it possible to heal NPC patients. Rewrite/reconfiguration of repair/integrity levels. Addition of new skill systems so nskills are being learned. New level/skill requirement revisions. General cleaning up and rewrite of systems I haven't touched before. - this includes massage, bandages, triage, equipment, etc.
2.  NPC Healing release (waiting on above) so Medics can heal NPCs.
3.  Body decay and review of existing death mechanics. Body decay will be added (no more laying dead for hours and hours), existing death mechanics may (or may not) be modified.
4.  Modification of NPC Healers - in the future, they will not be the end-all/be-all healers. Each one will have limitations, to make it more appealing for PCs to seek out other PCs for healing.

Currently planned out:
Code:
5.  Addition of Internal Surgery/Healing Device(s)/Internal body damage
6.  Cybernetic Surgery
7.  Updated title list (and make list for new skills - Remedies, Medicines, Cybernetic Surgery, Cosmetic Surgery, Genetics and Mutations, Therapy)

Currently in design phase:
Code:
8.  Diseases, illnesses (and medicines/remedies)
9.  Therapy
10. Creation system for 50th level (bandages/dermagel/dermaplaz/neurogel)
11. Creation system for antidotes
12. Creation system for remedies (release 11, 12 & 13 at the same time)
13. Creation system for medicines
14. Cosmetic Surgery system
15. Genetics and mutations system.

My planned level requirements:
(Items marked with *** will be modified from existing requirements. Please note that these level/skill changes will also affect Technicians who are repairing the items)

Code:
01 = bandages, dermagel, dermaplaz, bioscanners
03 = regenerators
07 = emitters***
10 = neurolizers/neurogel***
15 = prescribing/injecting antidotes/medicines
20 = internal surgery
25 = cybernetic surgery
30 = cardiostimulators***
40 = therapy
50 = creating bandages/dermagel/dermaplaz/neurogel
60 = creating antidotes for poisons
70 = creating medicines (for disease, drunkenness, etc.)
75 = cosmetic surgery
90 = genetics and mutations
100 = advanced genetics and mutations

Discuss, ask questions, etc.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --

Last edited by HR-Faith on Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: Upcoming Changes

Wow. The biggest change I'd groan over is having to be level 30 to revive. That's a big ouchie.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject:

HR-Faith wrote:
3. Body decay and review of existing death mechanics. Body decay will be added (no more laying dead for hours and hours), existing death mechanics may (or may not) be modified.

Does this mean there may be a chance of dying permanently in HR? Or more of a forced restore if you don't get revived in time?
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Modification of NPC Healers - in the future, they will not be the end-all/be-all healers. Each one will have limitations, to make it more appealing for PCs to seek out other PCs for healing.

the only downside i see to this is that HR is a rather small community, and Dixie isn't awake ALL the time. Same for Riwa and Nelle. Those are the only three medics i really know of, at least.
HR-Faith

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: Upcoming Changes

Kit wrote:
Wow. The biggest change I'd groan over is having to be level 30 to revive. That's a big ouchie.

I kind of figured that would be where the most moaning and groaning would come in, but it really doesn't make sense the way it is currently set up, where a Medic can revive before they can inject an antidote.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject:

Faith, you've done a great job in your station as Medic Guru and this list only makes me happier that you're in that position.

Though, could you go into some amount of detail as to what 'Therapy' will entail? Are you talking about physical or emotional/psychological? Everything else seems pretty straight-forward and logical/realistic.

--William, lover of forwardslashes

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Nelle
Ooh Nuuurse..

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: Upcoming Changes

HR-Faith wrote:
Kit wrote:

I kind of figured that would be where the most moaning and groaning would come in, but it really doesn't make sense the way it is currently set up, where a Medic can revive before they can inject an antidote.

I thought about this before choosing to post. The change does make sense, and I'd say this even if I was still hanging at 9th, anxiously waiting for 10th and suddenly crushed by the change. Reviving SHOULD be a higher level ability and it's only been so low for so long due to the lack of medics, period. I feel for all the medics this will affect but the change just really sounds right.

And frankly, if I was needed more to heal and revive I'd be awake a lot more. It would give me a reason to be on active duty and stay more alert.

Now with the changes to the repairs on the equipment, will they still be within the range of the current tech's abilities that we have now? I remember the cardio being rather difficult at first, especially with a lot of damage. In addition, will we see the possibility of going to an NPC to get them repaired if there are no PCs ingame to fix the higher level ones at a higher cost?
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:55 am    Post subject:

Yea, that is a good point. HR = small community. PC's will need options when there just aren't any other PC's that they need at the time.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:10 am    Post subject:

Oh, I just noticed that at 15th you have it noted that Medics will be able to prescribe medicines. Should this be taken to mean that medicines will be able to be bought from PC shops (when that system is released) if the Medic happens to not have the required medicine? Sort of like there'll be a "law" in place stating that you cannot have medicines, on your person, for which you do not have a prescription for (or are a Medic)?

Or were you just being fancy with your wording?

Because, you know, if it's the former I'm ready to open up a pharmacy right now with my Bureaucrat.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Faith

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject:

Tugor wrote:
HR-Faith wrote:
3. Body decay and review of existing death mechanics. Body decay will be added (no more laying dead for hours and hours), existing death mechanics may (or may not) be modified.

Does this mean there may be a chance of dying permanently in HR? Or more of a forced restore if you don't get revived in time?

This means that there will be a forced restore if you don't get revived within a certain amount of time. As for exactly how much time, that part hasn't been decided upon yet, but it will definitely be more than sufficient time for the typical corpse to get taken to safety, healed and revived.

As for permanent death, that has not yet been discussed and I really have nothing to say on it yet.

soundless wrote:
HR-Faith wrote:
Modification of NPC Healers - in the future, they will not be the end-all/be-all healers. Each one will have limitations, to make it more appealing for PCs to seek out other PCs for healing.

the only downside i see to this is that HR is a rather small community, and Dixie isn't awake ALL the time. Same for Riwa and Nelle. Those are the only three medics i really know of, at least.

There are a lot of other Medics, some of them will still be able to revive even after the changes are implemented (and healing will stay close to the same). FIND MEDIC in game will help you locate any who are showing their profession. When I ran some code to check existing Medics levels, there were 4 currently who will be able to revive if I put in the changes today, and several who were close. As for the NPC healers, they will all still heal things that can be life threatening (you just may not be completely healed afterward). After all, we are talking about emergency rooms, you don't go there to treat a paper cut or a bruise.

Brokyn wrote:
Faith, you've done a great job in your station as Medic Guru and this list only makes me happier that you're in that position.

Though, could you go into some amount of detail as to what 'Therapy' will entail? Are you talking about physical or emotional/psychological? Everything else seems pretty straight-forward and logical/realistic.

Thank you William. To answer your question, Therapy (what I currently have laid out) will primarily be for emotional/mental/psychological ailments. Eventually there will be other things (in addition to Gemrem's) which can cause affliction, and there will need to be a way to remedy that. NOTE: Medics will NOT be able to completely cure those Darju who chose Gemrem's as a flaw, although they may be able to offer some small relief...as shown above, this is still in design phase and I haven't ironed out all the details concerning it. As for physical therapy, that may be an addition made when this gets into the planning stages.

Nelle wrote:
I thought about this before choosing to post. The change does make sense, and I'd say this even if I was still hanging at 9th, anxiously waiting for 10th and suddenly crushed by the change. Reviving SHOULD be a higher level ability and it's only been so low for so long due to the lack of medics, period. I feel for all the medics this will affect but the change just really sounds right.

And frankly, if I was needed more to heal and revive I'd be awake a lot more. It would give me a reason to be on active duty and stay more alert.

Now with the changes to the repairs on the equipment, will they still be within the range of the current tech's abilities that we have now? I remember the cardio being rather difficult at first, especially with a lot of damage. In addition, will we see the possibility of going to an NPC to get them repaired if there are no PCs ingame to fix the higher level ones at a higher cost?

Thank you Nelle. Part of the reason the levels were so low is because when they were implemented, 1) it was supposed to be temporary - beta, and 2) 10th level was high at the time.

In regard to the changes to repair, yes, it will be more difficult for Technicians to repair, but there are currently 4 Technicians who would be able to repair cardios if I implemented the changes tomorrow (just as there are currently 4 Medics who would be capable of using them). Don't go by the original difficulties regarding repair, that was buggy.

Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject:

my only concern is that if i'm playing at late late hours, there won't be a medic about.

i'm pretty baffled that there are 30 active players on now (3am EST), but normally noone is awake at all who is capable of healing.
HR-Faith

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
Oh, I just noticed that at 15th you have it noted that Medics will be able to prescribe medicines. Should this be taken to mean that medicines will be able to be bought from PC shops (when that system is released) if the Medic happens to not have the required medicine? Sort of like there'll be a "law" in place stating that you cannot have medicines, on your person, for which you do not have a prescription for (or are a Medic)?

Or were you just being fancy with your wording?

Because, you know, if it's the former I'm ready to open up a pharmacy right now with my Bureaucrat.

--William

I was being fancy with my wording...but you just sparked an idea...I've been considering various things to tie Medics into the legal system, and this could be another one.

Back to top »
Septamus

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject:

I'm just a young medic who loves the idea that I don't have to kill things to progress in life. I fully understand the need to move the ability to revive to a higher level, but, surely surgery and cybersurgery is far more difficult to master than a small grey box which can produce variable electrical charges and a couple of paddles? I have the disadvantage of having been a R/L Psychiatric Nurse and therefore a tad blinkered and biased.

P.S Is there a time frame for these introductions?
Smile
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject:

I'm not a medic, but I'm anxiously awaiting these changes Faith. Smile I think some of them, mainly the cardiostimulator level change is a bit overdue.

Though I have to agree with the previous poster on one point: I think the cyber surgery level requirement should be higher than the cardiosimulator requirement. My reasoning for that is that once a medic is able to fully understand the natural body enough to revive it from death, they should then be able to start on learning how to augment it.
Septamus

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject:

When we get the cybersurgery, who fixes any breakdowns or malfunctions? Can Medics learn enough basic repair to fix emitters and regen units?
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » Upcoming Changes
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: