FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
I Deliver Unto Ye
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Performers » I Deliver Unto Ye
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: I Deliver Unto Ye

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PERFORMER ACADEMY!
The long (oh so very long)-anticipated Performer's Academy has finally opened its doors, accessible from East Ghimru Way.

Items of note:

- The instrument tuner, Lucius Weller, has taken up residence at the Academy.
- Some areas only allow admittance based on Performer reputation, level,
and/or capability.
- Other areas simply haven't been opened. YET.
- There are lots of hidden/secret things to find, and a few new things to do.
(excluding instrument crafting... be patient!)
- Of particular interest is a means for Performers to earn a living doing what
they do best; you just need to talk to the right person.
- The academy will continue to expand as new systems, tools, and other
circumstances come to pass.
Author: Mickey Brunner - 11/20/04 4:42 p.m.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
zamde
Maestro

Post Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject:

You ask Aeleon Oraea for some performance work, and he begins ruffling through stacks of paper.
Roundtime: 19 sec.

Aeleon Oraea turns to you. "Have you heard of Mickey and the Hael-ettes? They'll be performing at the deck of the New Hope and I want you as headlining act after them for a dancing performance. Go do your best!"

----
The production manager approaches you, smiling. "Ah, you're right on time! You're on in thirty seconds!"
Roundtime: 30 sec.

The announcer intones, "Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together into a round of warm applause for... Zamde Morgav-D'Eloe!"
A spotlight frames you as you take center stage, to thunderous applause and cheering from the audience.
Roundtime: 30 sec.

This was a performance of right place, right time. You've barely begun before you're overwhelmed by roaring response. Your act is legendary, and you leave the stage to a standing ovation.

You barely have time to exit the stage before the production manager nearly crushes you in a pleased embrace and pays you $xx. "Marvelous! That was the best act I've ever seen! You're going to come back for another performance sometime... right?" He looks hopeful.

Dixie Pierce says, "I heard Zamde can't have kids cause she lactates poison."

[Telepathy] Yaru Dex projects: I thought Zamde doesn't have kids because her womb is full of aisobs.

You can't spell "slaughter" without 'laughter'.

Llanfair Anti-Cyber Brigade Member #0000
 Back to top »
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Hah hah! That's great! Congrats Performers!!!
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject:

TheTrackerChick wrote:
Hah hah! That's great! Congrats Performers!!!

Awesome Mickey! I love it when professions can do stuff like that.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject:

That's so awesome. I want to try.
Kit

Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Dante wrote:
That's so awesome. I want to try.

I know. It's performer only though right? I'd to have professional things like this available for everyone.
 Back to top »
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Okay, there has been a drastic money decrease when it comes to getting paid for our performances, which is understandable I guess, but this is ridiculous.

Crap performance: $52
Medium performance: $54
Awesome performance: $182

Can there be a little more distinction between suck and ok?
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kit

Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Haidee wrote:
Okay, there has been a drastic money decrease when it comes to getting paid for our performances, which is understandable I guess, but this is ridiculous.

Can there be a little more distinction between suck and ok?

And I think with the cost of food and drink...performers should get like...

1k, 2k, and 3k for their performances.
 Back to top »
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Oh and there's some other stuff I'd like to add.

1) Thanks TONS Mickey, I already adore the academy and I can't wait for instrument crafting to come out. You're too good to us Performers. We always get the cool stuff.

2) Is singing going to be an added "instrument" to use when we're doing work?

3) Since we're kind of working as opening acts and what not, is there a way we can progress into becoming full-blown superstars? Also, is there a reputation thing that you get depending on how well your performance went? (Is that the "reputation" you're talking about in the news article?) And also, will there be a way to check your reputation?

I think that's about all I can think of right now, but there will probably be more questions/suggestions/annoyances/pestering for a certain Ditty.
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject:

1. I know.
2. Do you mean the improv thing? There are a lot of case "extras"; you'd just have to find them. Some are good, some are bad. And some are REALLY bad. And some need to be developed a little more; for instance, it's easy to get an immediate higher result by just carrying a drum to every singing and dancing performance since it's presently always 'well-received'. I'd like to broaden it to audience receptiveness, venue, etc -- a Darju audience might be more inclined to break a guitar over your head then listen to you play it during a dance performance. You can expect a venue expansion at some time in the near future, too. The most inconvenient are the two ship performances, but Echak Island will still be showing up in the list of locales, and probably some other out of the way places.
3. Billing is actually dependent on a couple factors -- from what I've seen from your results you should have had a couple co-bills and maybe even a headlining act. There's also a chance element involved at times; level 1 Performers have an opportunity at a really nice gig, and there's an equal risk that a 100th level Performer might end up opening for Muruchubo the Tap-Dancing Argabu. On the whole, it's largely on skill and reputation. And yes. And, no. I'm so mean.

I've been toying with money/reputation values. I'm still toying with money/reputation values. It's not that I'm trying to rip you off, but I've seen payouts in the thousands for effort that doesn't amount to much more than 100 seconds of messaged roundtime, and I'm trying to establish a reasonable balance.

---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
 Back to top »
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

I'm curious, so sue me. How long does an awesome performance take RT wise?
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject:

20ish seconds to request performance work from the academy maestro.
Unquantified travel time (which isn't really much, unless you get rotten luck scoring a gig on the Northern Light or New Hope)
30 seconds pre-performance.
30 seconds intro.
15ish seconds performance.

Then the payout, travel back to the academy, and repeat.

Rotten luck notwithstanding, about 2 minutes (or less), I'd guess?

---
---
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject:

HR-Mickey wrote:
I've been toying with money/reputation values. I'm still toying with money/reputation values. It's not that I'm trying to rip you off, but I've seen payouts in the thousands for effort that doesn't amount to much more than 100 seconds of messaged roundtime, and I'm trying to establish a reasonable balance.

This wouldn't be so bad if you could only do one performance a day. Or really...to be more realistic, one performance every few days. Think of it as preperation time. Then you could give bigger pay outs.

Maybe have performers spend time meditating or practicing (more RT) and they have to do it several times with like...an hour in between...before they could attempt to perform in front of a live audience.
 Back to top »
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Another thing I'd like to suggest if it wouldn't be too hard to code would to maybe along with overall reputation you have a reputation with the specific venues. Like if you just happen to be late almost every time to The New Hope you start to lose your good favor with that particular production manager, but if I happen to have smashing performances every time I perform at Ako Theater, they're more likely to hire me more often and also pay me more then the production manager that hates me.

I'm pretty sure there's more comments I'm going to add to this once again, but only because I like this so much. Smile Did I mention thank you SO much and how awesome you are?
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Performers » I Deliver Unto Ye
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: