FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Other Characters
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Out of Character Discussions » Other Characters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Other Characters

I tried to make a neutral topic title because not everyone playing came from DragonRealms (or, for that matter, any Simu game at all). So, feel free to list any characters from other games.

DR -- Sunagrad Eipme, Rakash Empath

The last name is great when written backwards. He was meant as just a test character to feel out the Empath Guild, but I ended up switching to him as a primary. Noone ever noticed the last name, so all is great. I doubt anyone'll remember him... he was quite the low-key character (why does that seem familiar?). And I kept him over in Muspar'i a lot. God, people paid Empaths well over there. Too bad there was little to no interaction value.

He also amassed a huge puppet/doll collection with him. I don't know what that says about me or Sunagrad, but toys were freaking hot commodities man. I traded a Sorrow doll (that was free) for one of those 10-pk camb eyeballs from that trade ship thing. Ah, that was great. I even traded three puppets for someone to give me enough money to buy and customize my spellbook, too.

Woo. So, anyone else care to share?

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Other Characters

Hm. DR characters.

I played a female elven Warrior Mage to 10th circle when DR was still free on AOL. Her name was stolen from Terry Brooks. The most noteable thing I remember is sitting outside the West Gate and seeing a meteor of someone walking the Starry Road. I remarked about it and the guy I was sitting with laughed at me and said "Good ridance!"

When I got my first credit card, I played a female Elven ranger to 6th...I loved her name. Willow.

After that I stopped for awhile. I played a male human thief to 26th circle and quit. Then I came back when they had prydaens and played a male prydaen empath til 33rd. Then I played a female moon mage to 13th named Heaven. I went to Tokyo for half a years and then came back and played a male elven warrior mage to 56th, then quit and came here.

Somewhere in my quit time before Tokyo I played Aeschea (or however you spell it), a saytr jester. I didn't like it too much, so I only played for about a month.

In the time I've been here, this has been my most favorite game. I've always been more interested in sci fi though.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject:

I remember before playing Pureblade, I had a war mage named Talisum.

I swear it wasn't to annoy everyone standing outside the war mage tower. How was I to know there were talismans actively used by many war mages.

Pureblade's name was meant to be Godfist, but then I got in trouble because the word god has no place within a game that has a 39 god pantheon because it clearly had to do with RL religion. In no possible way could a Paladin have a name that implies he has a connection with the pantheon with which he serves.
Kit

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
I remember before playing Pureblade, I had a war mage named Talisum.

I swear it wasn't to annoy everyone standing outside the war mage tower. How was I to know there were talismans actively used by many war mages.

Pureblade's name was meant to be Godfist, but then I got in trouble because the word god has no place within a game that has a 39 god pantheon because it clearly had to do with RL religion. In no possible way could a Paladin have a name that implies he has a connection with the pantheon with which he serves.

I use to be all: OMG! How could your mother possibly have named a kid that?!

But then I go over it and thought of stuff like that as nicknames. Even so, it still grates on me when people have names like Godfist. Talk about egostical. <3
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject:

I've played way too many games, but to recap some of my favorites --

Retromud:
Koller (devil) - Fallen/Berserker
Morgaiden (titan) - Paladin/Confessor/Zealot

And in the right gaming circles, a name that makes people cringe: Domino Miret.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Stilldawn Kagali-prydaen thief

Velveteen DeLuppe-rakash empath

Dorapesh (forget her last name now)-prydaen thief

Quidditty Equinox-Kaldar could never make up my mind but cleric for a long time

and I ran a friends character for awhile Myzan or something like that whom was a moonmage.

ahh yes and Agia Shimrona-prydaen barb

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject:

DR - Trislan Silvar - elothean war mage
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject:

In DR, my first character was named Seyjan Turquen, and he was an Elven Moon Mage. One of the first people I met was Glim's War Mage, since I one of his Warmie friends was the person that introduced me to the game. I thought he was a dick, due to all the Moon Mage/War Mage anger issues. ::snicker:: I think my favorite instance of playing Seyjan was when he did a strip tease at a small Iridescent Order party. I was told that a few straight men questioned their sexuality after that. Twisted Evil

My second character was an Idon worshiping Prydaen Empath named Raimei Yokubou. I think his secretive claim to fame was bringing it to the attention of the GMs that live food should have caused shock. Strangely, he also went on the Ice Quest with Glim's War Mage. I remember saving his mage's ass several times after getting oil dumped on him during the Sorrow war, too.

After I ditched Seyjan, I made Rihkkeyhd Piemdrika, a Tog Moonie who was on the path to be much better than Seyjan was. He didn't survive for very long, as my anger with Simu and my lack of money situation surpased my drive to play.

I had a few other smaller characters, including a cooking obsessed, Tamsine worshiping Kaldaran cleric, a female War Mage that used halberds as her main weapon cause she liked "big long things", a Toggish bard, and a Toggish Empath.

As for my BM...well...I'm only going to say I was the Moon Mage and Combat board monitor before I left. Heh, heh...

The only other game I play right now is the MMORPG puzzling/pirating hybrid game Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates where Seyjan was resurrected and lives on as an officer of The Spanish Inquisition.
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Do you play Puzzle Pirates as a paid thing? I did the free/demo thing for a while, but couldn't find a legitimate rationalization to cough up money for it.

---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
 Back to top »
Nelle
Ooh Nuuurse..

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject:

I have/had way too many DR chars to name them all so I'll just list a few...

Diame - human empath.. first character and utterly clueless.
Dianelle - my return to DR, empath.. this is the one that Pureblade would know, he used to bring her firewood and let her fuss over his horse.
Tessielle - Dungeonite, dancer, war mage on the side.
Syleen - Prydaen bardess and historian.
Diaka - Elothean Ranger

Drexella - my main, barb .. Baron's Envoy and current Mentor chief.. still grumpy and taciturn.. especially when forced into a gown for court duties.

I'm still very active in DR.. go ahead and boo-hiss.
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject:

As for live people RP:

In Changeling I played a character named Wrench Buckets. He was a nocker. Heh. He's actually what Kit became, though he doesn't have swirly tattoos. Yet.

I currently have a female Fay'ri cleric in my Forgotten Realms campaign named Tricket Lockhart and an icy mage named Kerian Wynshire in a campaign I haven't played in a long time....mostly because the DM was sick for a bit and we all got wrapped up in the FR quests.

I use to play a BESM game that was a lot like Haelrahv. I played a female merc named Rent Michigan who was deaf in one ear from playing with too many explosives. She rocked.
 Back to top »
SoulTorn
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject:

GemStone III: Saeben Kystryk(and Brandas Kluik long before that)

DragonRealms: Kilan Scafdis(and possibly some others)

Eaxia: Glim Faethyn

Haelrahv: Err...I dunno.

Materia Magica: Liot(damned if I can remember his last name.)

Unwritten Legends: Glim Faethyn

Diablo II: LoD: Ark_Weld on USEast Hardcore Ladder.(Okay, it's not a MUD. But this is my list, now, punk)

I also sometimes played my brother's character in GemStone II, but I'm not including his name here since he wasn't actually my character(besides, I can't remember the name. heh.)

-Chris

PS:
Quote:
I remember saving his mage's ass several times after getting oil dumped on him during the Sorrow war, too.
Pfft. Where were you when he got assassinated?!?
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject:

If I miss anything about Maryland, it's my tabletop gaming group.

The Dragonfly (aka The Silent Spiral) - halfling rogue16 -- "The Dragonfly" is really just a foppy freelance cover for the all-business cat burglar Silent Spiral.

Higreld Pel, Loathegrot of Clan Skullskewer - goblin wizard5(diviner)/alienist7
Tabletop character who eventually made his way to PbP format here.

Bluto von Blagg - human fighter8
400lb crossdressing bilge rat-cum-hero in a swashbuckling-steampunk game.

---
Edit: Oh, the Dragonfly is also one of the central characters in a fantasy novel written by another player in our group about the campaign, that's getting published soon. The pilfering peck is going to be famous.

---
---
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
 Back to top »
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject:

hey ive always been dregonard Twisted Evil

dregonard the anti- bow using ranger
dregonard the ancient human d+d board gamer
oops was ragonda once too in eaxia
currently changed sex and guild and am i cleric that does nothing but rejuves mems on aesry
oh and was dregonard the pirate too Twisted Evil
first chose the name dregonard when i was about 16 maybe 17 years old and i played a game called wizards maze on an old old sinclair +4 ? was all type and no pictures and was the reason i never went out and god a job Twisted Evil
 Back to top »
Nelle
Ooh Nuuurse..

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject:

ragonda wrote:
hey ive always been dregonard Twisted Evil

dregonard the anti- bow using ranger
dregonard the ancient human d+d board gamer
oops was ragonda once too in eaxia
currently changed sex and guild and am i cleric that does nothing but rejuves mems on aesry
oh and was dregonard the pirate too Twisted Evil
first chose the name dregonard when i was about 16 maybe 17 years old and i played a game called wizards maze on an old old sinclair +4 ? was all type and no pictures and was the reason i never went out and god a job Twisted Evil

And once a member of ODS, yes?
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Out of Character Discussions » Other Characters
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: