FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
New Trooper Compound
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Troopers » New Trooper Compound
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulTorn
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Post Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: New Trooper Compound

Very nice work, Morrigan. So many restricted areas for my Psionic-playing self, though. Razz

Err...and I'm really sorry about the toilet....

-Chris
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Smile And no worries, I'll get some recruits to clean it up.

For those of you who didn't see the news...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TROOPER NEWS!
Phase one of the Trooper updates is complete and the Trooper Headquarters, located right inside the east gate of Llanfair, is now open! Riley has been promoted to Commander of the High Guard and has an office inside Headquarters. You'll need to visit him there for advancement. Also, for your shopping pleasure, a new Trooper store has opened up inside. Enjoy!
Author: Morrigan Blackfury - 11/07/04 6:07 p.m.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject:

First of all, great work Morrigan and whoever else helped work on it!!

Suggestions for the headquarters:

- A wall-mounted comm unit or a secretary for those that aren't troopers attempting to reach a trooper. Could use the comm unit to 'page' whoever or ask the secretary to do it.

- A little interaction with the NPC's between troopers. Like the NPC's saluting you back if you salute them, or them saluting first.

That's all for now, more ideas will pop up I'm sure.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject:

I don't know what all's for sale in the shop -- hell, I haven't even visited the building yet -- but I'd suggest series of cybergear sold in a Trooper-only shop. Themed and everything. Maybe even a few pieces that are more durable than normal. I would go so far as to suggest special upgrades (chips, et al) as well, but those would be so quickly sold to the public that they'd lose their specialness.

It would be neat if there were a clinic where Troopers can go to get sockets installed. Just another option to the one currently in place. Maybe even make it so that the wait isn't as long (makes sense if it's a trooper-only clinic). Possibly cheaper, too?

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject:

More suggestions. . .

- Make the uniform type clothing Trooper only. Just like with lumis silk and eolai.
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
I don't know what all's for sale in the shop -- hell, I haven't even visited the building yet -- but I'd suggest series of cybergear sold in a Trooper-only shop. Themed and everything. Maybe even a few pieces that are more durable than normal. I would go so far as to suggest special upgrades (chips, et al) as well, but those would be so quickly sold to the public that they'd lose their specialness.

It would be neat if there were a clinic where Troopers can go to get sockets installed. Just another option to the one currently in place. Maybe even make it so that the wait isn't as long (makes sense if it's a trooper-only clinic). Possibly cheaper, too?

--William

There is cyberware in the Trooper shop. With pre-installed upgrades. And stuff from the cybertech like the swimming feet.

It all made me go...Er? This isn't right. What about techs? I mean, we do the installation. Our field in electronics....and they get the cyberware? It doesn't seem fair to me. It'd be like the tech shop openning up and we have trooper uniforms and headbands that increase psionic power.

Then again, Troopers have the reduced essence cost....but I've never really unstood that. Oh well.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject:

They get the preinstalled upgrades because, otherwise, they'd be able to buy the upgrades and sell them to the public. Not that they can't just sell the cybergear pieces themselves to the public, but it's still more than a simple upgrade.

Troopers get the reduced essence cost because they're masters of defense. Cybergear is more durable than flesh, thus more defense. I'm sure there's a better, more IC explanation, but that should suffice for the common person.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
drainm2

Post Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Soulturn:

Err...and I'm really sorry about the toilet....

Quote:
>flush toi
You flush the toilet.

learn it
use it
love it...

Quote:
>look in sink
Inside a porcelain sink you see a soap dish.
>look in dish
There is nothing inside a soap dish.

and I see you remembered to wash your hands but didnt tell anyone to replace the soap? whats wrong with you man?

Quote:
[COMM[1]] "(Neifl Cacambo) - rose mageylan You don't understand, I just wanted him for sex. It's you I really love."
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
They get the preinstalled upgrades because, otherwise, they'd be able to buy the upgrades and sell them to the public.

They can always buy the cyberparts and give them to the public.

And the chips are for sale, too.
Warner
Sneaky Locksmithiness

Post Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject:

Great work on the compound...the shop is nice havent really had alot of time to look everywhere but what i did see is very conducive to rping a trooper (even as little as me) The laboratory was a nice touch.
My only grief with the compound is i didn't see any weapons for sale *pout*
As for the cyberware..anyone caught using trooper sold items should have
something along the lines of using thief only merchandise in dr
the ic logic for this is duh government issued equipment!
To the techs out there feeling cheated about the tech stuff in the compound: Troopers seem to be somewhat like paladins except futuristic.
So it makes sense that the knights of the future would be more cybernetically inclined.

thank you for doin such a great job on giving us our headquarters

a little known trooper
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject:

I don't think that troopers are government run. They just work for the government. They're rent-a-cops. This is different from Mercenaries because Mercs don't care if they break the law or not.

Meanwhile, might want to update this:

Find High Guard Riley Jecuqui, who wanders around the central area of Llanfair. <ASK RILEY ABOUT LEVEL>, and he will grant you a promotion to your next level and train you once each in all of your auto-trained skills.
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
I don't think that troopers are government run. They just work for the government. They're rent-a-cops. This is different from Mercenaries because Mercs don't care if they break the law or not.

Meanwhile, might want to update this:

Find High Guard Riley Jecuqui, who wanders around the central area of Llanfair. <ASK RILEY ABOUT LEVEL>, and he will grant you a promotion to your next level and train you once each in all of your auto-trained skills.

Updated.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:25 am    Post subject:

Troopers can be best equated as soldiers/military. They are government sanctioned and follow protocols the government they serve has created. For sake of gameplay, they do not have to dedicate their time to their service in the rigid form of typical military, however.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject:

Quote:
As for the cyberware..anyone caught using trooper sold items should have
something along the lines of using thief only merchandise in dr
the ic logic for this is duh government issued equipment!

Synthetic skin. <3

--William

PS: Someone's planning on posting a list of what the shop sells, right? For those.. curious.. non-Troopers out here.

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Not a bad idea, the Tower has something like that, fly over to Titan City and check it out...er..wait hehe

Quote:
- Make the uniform type clothing Trooper only. Just like with lumis silk and eolai.

Yes, I thought about doing this, and I suppose I can until PvP comes back like the lumis silk, but I really don't think that they should be Trooper only to wear. If some Trooper wants to buy their friend a uniform, let them get in trouble with their superiors or how ever else it could be RPed out.

Quote:
It all made me go...Er? This isn't right. What about techs? I mean, we do the installation. Our field in electronics....and they get the cyberware? It doesn't seem fair to me. It'd be like the tech shop openning up and we have trooper uniforms and headbands that increase psionic power.

Then again, Troopers have the reduced essence cost....but I've never really unstood that. Oh well.

I'm sorry if you feel that you're getting slighted in some way, but here's the whys and wherefores....Troopers have always had a connection with cyberware, that was always part of their design- to have the cybernetic soldier. The reason they have bonus to essense is that indeed they are the masters of defense and need more durable parts, but also to reflect that the gear they get is better quality, it comes from the government and the government can afford to give the Troopers the best equipment. In fact, I could even see experimental cyber or bio ware being tested on Troopers.

Edit: I should really think of all my responses and then post, instead of editing a million times Laughing

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Troopers » New Trooper Compound
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: