FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Random useless facts, related to Hael
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Out of Character Discussions » Random useless facts, related to Hael
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Random useless facts, related to Hael

Have you noticed that some people on the boards have join dates that precede Trevor's (Like me!)? That's because at one point he redid his account and the join date was changed as well. He DID have posts prior to that! So whenever you see Trevor's post count, and aspire to mimic his prestige in that area someday, just remember to add about 950 more posts to that for his TRUE post count. Cool
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Lies! COMMUNIST PROPOGANDA!

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject:

Sorry to burst your bubble William. Laughing

Another one! Haelrahv was supposed to officially open for business in March of 2003, and ended up opening for a "preview" before that where all those interested were only allowed into the OOC area to play around with the few systems that were available, like paint ball and a FREE to play claw machine that dispensed surprise eggs of death sometimes (they insta killed you when you opened them). Things that became apparent during THAT preview are what caused the long live postponement that we are now patiently waiting for.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:25 am    Post subject:

Fact: Yours truly had no idea what to call this game when I started it. I was trying to think of a name one day and just played around with typing random letters. You know, the same kind of thing many of you have probably done to make character names. In fact, the original name I was going to use was slightly different and has been lost in time since. Somehow or another, "Haelrahv" became the variation that was used.

Fact: I had never touched the software the game is built from before I started Hael. Well, not totally true. I had fiddled with the same code in another game that an associate runs for about a week or so. I really had no idea what I was doing, code-wise, when I started HR. Obviously I had a good design background in general though, which brings us to fact #3.

Fact: I've been designing games in some format or another since I was about 12. I'm 30 now. The first game released to a mass of people was one I put on my high school's network that computer classes could play. It was a small Zork-style text-based adventure. I started an ambitious sequel but never finished it due to its sheer size.

Fact: This is well known to many, but for those who don't know - I was a Simutronics staff member for 5 years (1997-2002). I worked on Modus Operandi and I was a Senior GM (SGM) the last few years. I designed MO's existing combat system, skill/advancement system, and a rap sheet of other features. When I started working on MO it was not available on play.net yet (that had not happened yet) and there was no Wizard software for it.

Fact: At one point (circa 1999 or 2000) I considered going to work for DR, and spoke with "Zoha" about joining up as combat GM. I also considered HX at one point early on. It could have been as early as 1998 even, I don't recall. It was before I wrote the "new" combat system in MO.

Fact: The first piece of code I wrote for a Simu product was a "rub" verb for a necklace I wore in MO. The first serious code I did for MO was the teaching system. The first piece of code I did with the game engine we use was a SKILLS verb for another game.

Fact: There is a mallard in my office that will defecate on your foot if you kick it. Really. Zoz made it, long long ago.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject:

Dante wrote:
Sorry to burst your bubble William. Laughing

Another one! Haelrahv was supposed to officially open for business in March of 2003, and ended up opening for a "preview" before that where all those interested were only allowed into the OOC area to play around with the few systems that were available, like paint ball and a FREE to play claw machine that dispensed surprise eggs of death sometimes (they insta killed you when you opened them). Things that became apparent during THAT preview are what caused the long live postponement that we are now patiently waiting for.

I keep on forgetting we're in Beta. I love this game.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Another:

The only professions that have never had a guru change are the Mages (Trevor!), Psionics (Trevor!), Guardians (Hunter!), and Troopers (Morrigan!).
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject:

That reminded me of another. Originally Guardians didn't exist. We had a Scientist profession, which we decided to remove, and put Guardians in their place.

Back to top »
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject:

I remember that pre-beta preview. I had a Darju Tracker then too, but sadly, couldn't remember her name when I re-signed up.

Ahh, the days of getting pierced jewelry out of the claw game and having to wait on a GM to have pity and come down to pierce us.

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SoulTorn
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject:

::rummages through his logs::

Useless Factcicle the 1irst: I have 31.1MB of Haelrahv logs. Zipped. Unzipped, there's 1055 log files taking up 211MB. They took a minute or three to unzip...

Useless Factcicle the 2cond: Mickey(?) deployed the "Haelrahv Alpha Chronometer". Perhaps a bit premature, hmm?

Useless Factcicle the 3ird: Everyone in the pre-beta came equipped with a glowing hivvali pendant. When you'd RUB/PULL(?) them you'd go into hiding/invisible. SQUEEZEing them brought you back out.

Useless Factcicle the 4ourth: Beau ran a pre-alpha essay contest for a constellation. Someone or other won.

Useless Factcicle the 5ifth Not so much facts as some random snippets.

look chrono
TIME REMAINING UNTIL GRAND OPENING:
-----------------------------------
10 days, 21 hours, 21 minutes, and 42 seconds

play game
You grab ahold of the joystick and begin to navigate the claw inside.
Roundtime: 10 sec.
You press the button on the joystick and watch as the claw descends and clamps onto... a trading card! The claw moves to the side and drops it into the prize box, where you quickly pick it up.
>
look card
On the back of the card lies a planet with the word 'Haelrahv' stretched around it in gold on a dark blue background. On the reverse side of the card, surrounded by a shining silver border, the masked face of Mickey Brunner looks up at you from the face of the card. Rubble and pieces of demolished buildings are visible in the background. At the bottom of the card there are a few words and stats written.
There appears to be something written on it.

read card
It reads:

Name: Mickey Brunner
Race: Human (speculation)
Height: Reaaaaaaal Tall
Power: +20 Stringed Instruments, +10 Swim
Abilities: Tap to destroy any city -or- add six mutations to any other personality card.
Quote: "Kiss me, I'm eldritch."
When he's not devouring cities or on tour with Mickey and the Hael-ettes, Mickey Brunner avidly pursues a career as a religious despot and dodgeball champion.

[Players currently in the world of Haelrahv:]
Drayco Fi'Delis Lexi DiGriz
Yokima Aboai Carlista Eona
Tkeeri Nathalansa Glim Faethyn
Ysa S'Vant Cirena Donaken
Selennay Nakrdu Khafir Kri
Zamde Morgav Paige Oshai

[Haelrahv Staff On Duty:]
Drake Holton Cyril Dubius
Draxx Rodnujan Beau Etoile

Glim was one of the first people killed. By a god.

act is so 1337 he's uber-1337.
Glim Faethyn is so 1337 he's uber-1337.
>
The god of l33t reaches down and smites you.
Mortally wounded, you release a final sigh and succumb to the cold embrace of death.

** Glim Faethyn was just struck down!

A l33t dude just arrived.
>
A l33t dude just disappeared!

Useless Factcicle the 6ixth: Favored player pastimes, pre-beta: Rousing games of spin the bottle accompanied by compulsive claw game-playing and the occasional paintball war.

-Chris
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject:

I think Khafir Kri was one of mine. I made several characters to test out various racial-profession combos. Ah, those were the days. I had such an odd path to settling on Guardian. I was all about Technicians, as anyone who's managed to read any of the first 300 of my posts can tell. Then I wanted to be a Performer. Then I went back to Technician. Then to Mage/Psionic (I couldn't decide). Then I found Guardians... and fell in love. Massive hearts to Hunter.

I don't have many facts to share. I made a claw game script... that was great.

All kinds of shit broke by my hands on the Pre-Opening day for all of us way-too-active boards members. I think there were about ten of us. Yeah, hunting asapis was dangerous man. They raped everyone, including Neifl if I remember correctly. And Trevor sat there, laughing, as we died in the park. Actually, I think that I was the only one to die. But I was paying more attention to the engagement system (which wasn't in effect, but the spiffy map was in use) than actually fighting.

I found about four or five trainers that were double-training skills. I can't think of a better way to say that. For example, the Alteri had 'stealth' listed twice in its TRAINER list. Yeah, those were fun.

You wouldn't believe how fun it was trying to find trainers that day. "OMG LEIK WHO TRAINZ SWIMNG?!"

I really did enjoy how Trevor kept telling us that we were all sucking at combat because we had low skills and stats. Then one day he realized that a typo was causing all non-blunt weapons to essentially do zero damage. Ah, silly Trevor.

Uhm.

Oh. I was hunting chiths one day and I got Trevor to come visit me somehow. I think I was complaining about stamina, but yeah. He generated a level 10 creature in front of me (non-hostile) and stunned+floored it. I still couldn't hit it very well... I was level 3 or 4, I believe.

Yeah, that was more interesting before I typed it out.

<fin>

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
SoulTorn
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Another useless factcicle: I snuck into an area Beau was still working on. It's the area now occupied by does and bucks, after climbing up the rock.(On the way to the Isle of Mist).

Lots more to come, I'm sure.

-Chris
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject:

I believe we had a player end up in our staff meeting room during a meeting once, but I forget who or how. I just remember the incident vaguely and someone being damn confused. That might have been in MO tho, or both MO and HR.

Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject:

I'm curious, and I guess this would be the place for it. I don't have and HR trivia, but I'm wondering... what is HR written in?
 Back to top »
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject:

SolitaryTurnip wrote:
I'm curious, and I guess this would be the place for it. I don't have and HR trivia, but I'm wondering... what is HR written in?

Blood. Sweat. Tears,
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
That reminded me of another. Originally Guardians didn't exist. We had a Scientist profession, which we decided to remove, and put Guardians in their place.

Now that's a profession I'd like to have seen.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Out of Character Discussions » Random useless facts, related to Hael
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: