FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Florida Voting 2004
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Just For A Laugh ... » Florida Voting 2004
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:34 am    Post subject: Florida Voting 2004

You floridians better be on top form when you go to vote, you'll be up against some pretty tough stuff.

http://gprime.net/video.php/2004votingmachine
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject:

LMAO!!! I'm going to be pissed if something like that actually happens. Did you hear they've already "lost" several thousand absintee ballots in the mail? They just never reached their intended recipients. Two elections in a row things have happened in this state. Mighty suspicious.
drainm2

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject:

the best part. Many of the black voters at the last election were not only turned down from voting but their eligibility to vote was completely denied unless they appealed the state. The reasoning for this... their name was SIMILAR to a convicted felons. Note similar, not always identical. So many of those black voters that love to vote for the demoncratic party ever since Kennedy can't vote at all, period, no questions asked, do not pass go, do not collect two hundred dollars, go directly to the Republican God. OH OH OH whats more... i live in florida by the way. VERY VERY recently here at the University of South Florida... there were a group of people going around campus claiming to be doing a petition to stop the death penalty of some crap like that. Anyone who signed the petition had to give their contact info as well. Incidentally, they were signing a petition. They were signing their voting peference over to the Republican party. Thankfully those who noticed this change will be able to change themselves back to their correct parties in time for election but its just another show of what isn't happening here in Florida. I got my bets of the election being 51% bush, 48 Kerry and 1% Nader the Tater.

And in case you arent breathing and havent heard... www.jibjab.com

Quote:
[COMM[1]] "(Neifl Cacambo) - rose mageylan You don't understand, I just wanted him for sex. It's you I really love."
 Back to top »
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject:

*takes a deep breath*

It is incorrect information like this that is causing a lot of the problems.

In 2001, after a six month investigation which included, but was not limited to, subpoenas from the governer on down, the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights (who is headed by a fiercely partisan Democrat), while finding evidence that many voters were in fact, denied their right to vote, the report does not find that the highest officials [(Governer Bush included) of the state conspired to disenfranchise voters, nor that the disenfranchised voters were specifically Democrat or specifically black, more that the majority came from counties with a high number of blacks.

The above underlined is a direct quote from the report.

Read the report here
http://www.usccr.gov/pubs/vote2000/report/main.htm
before posting misinformation. Thank you.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject:

Faith, hun, he didn't say Bush was responsible. Just that it happened.

I think it is rather valid to believe that there are a few bad eggs down the ladder working for the Republican party that are willing to cheat or screw certain voters over to help their person win, even if Bush didn't actually tell them to do so.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Well, the same can be said for the Democrat Party. Did you guys hear about the cigars they were handing out to homeless people in exchange for them registering to vote (and put themselves down at Democrat)? Granted, that doesn't mean that the homeless people were actually going to vote or if they'd even vote for Kerry, but it shows that both sides are willing to do it.

Now, on the other hand, the Independents seem to be rather by-the-book with these things. Anyone ever hear a valid/proven accusation against the Libertarian party trying to coerce people to vote for them?

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure it happens, William. The smaller your base is, however, the smaller the level of corrution, which is what I'll call it. Members of any party will do this sort of thing.

This is one facet why I think voter drives shouldn't even be legal. But it's just one facet.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject:

That's why I hate both major political parties. ^_^ When was the last time a third party won the presidency anyhow?
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Bull Moose!

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
drainm2

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject:

he has a valid point! lol

Quote:
[COMM[1]] "(Neifl Cacambo) - rose mageylan You don't understand, I just wanted him for sex. It's you I really love."
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Has a third-party candidate ever won?
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Whigs, Federalists, and Democratic-Republicans. But that was back in the day when being part of a party didn't really mean anything. Oh, there were also the Unionists, but that was only around for one president (Andrew Johnson) when the big thing to do was to unify the nation again after the Civil War. What a waste of time that was.

I want to be a Whig. Who needs states-rights?

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Has a third-party candidate ever won?

For all general purposes, "no". Nowadays an independent getting 10% would probably herald armageddon.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:15 am    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
Faith, hun, he didn't say Bush was responsible. Just that it happened.

I know he didn't, however, he did say, "So many of those black voters that love to vote for the demoncratic party ever since Kennedy can't vote at all, period, no questions asked, do not pass go, do not collect two hundred dollars, go directly to the Republican God."

As the report shows, the disenfranchised voters were NOT specifically Democrat or black, more that the majority came from counties with a high number of blacks.

soundless wrote:
I think it is rather valid to believe that there are a few bad eggs down the ladder working for the Republican party that are willing to cheat or screw certain voters over to help their person win, even if Bush didn't actually tell them to do so.

The same can be said of the Democratic party. Neither is perfect.

The entire reason I posted what I did was for people to actually read the SOURCE, instead of relying on hearsay, because the hearsay people tend to listen to/retain is the hearsay which confirms the person's views. At least by reading the source, you are educating yourself better with the facts.

That is all.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
drainm2

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject:

God forgive my soul but I'm stereotyping. Typically, the majority of black voters in society vote for the Democratic party. Previously in times they were a Republican voting majority but Kennedy promised to create more jobs in a time of instability, which was what they were looking for at that moment in time. Ever since then, blacks have voted for the Democratic party by majority. I'm not naming names on who did what or why. I'm saying what has happened and what can be an obviously pointed-out possible scenario. It doesn't take a PhD in Social Work to be to see that blacks vote Democratic by majority and many blacks were turned away from the poles. Perhaps or perhaps not, you make the call, it made a different on the outcome of Florida voting Republican by majority as a result. In all honestly, it is partial fact and partial speculation. The speculation is just an educated guess since that is all that can be done about it now.

Quote:
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Just For A Laugh ... » Florida Voting 2004
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: