FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
The Tunnels, or Why Are All My Cool Things Gone?
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Announcements From The Staff » The Tunnels, or Why Are All My Cool Things Gone?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: The Tunnels, or Why Are All My Cool Things Gone?

I'm going to step up to the plate right now and say that this is my fault. If any of you want to be mad at a GM for the items you got from The Tunnels being gone, look no further than me.

My original intention for this area was a temporary (during the festival) place for people to have fun and be able to get costume-type things with the VERY RARE chance of getting something very cool.

Unfortunately, a lot of people decided to not only run every character they owned through it, but some even created new accounts/characters to run through it and the number of rare/cool items became very quickly un-rare. This was most definitely NOT my intention.

The other GMs have removed a lot of things, but I'm taking it one step further. Everything I was/am able to track down will have disappeared from your inventories. The Tunnels will be opening again, but the code will be changed quite a bit. Hopefully, this time, everything will work according to the way it was supposed to have worked in the first place.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Faith

Post Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject:

I'm going to add to this.

Because of the nature of things, I cannot determine which glow bracelets came from The Tunnels, my handouts or boxes, so all have been removed.

I've added them back to the treasure system, if you gained them from there, you will be able to again, for this week only. After the festival of Xashei is over, creatures will no longer be carrying them.

If you gained them from The Tunnels, you will have a chance to do so again.

If you gained them from my handouts, I'm sorry, but I will not be handing any more out.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Faith

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject:

Additional Information/Update: This is taken from NEWS 111 (and Trevor's post, which is discussed in here, can be read in that news article).

The Tunnels (located in the Underground) are now open again. Be forewarned that while there is, as Trevor described in his news post, a LIMIT of one rare/voucher type item per account, there is NO GUARANTEE of one.

Getting TREAT will hand out various novelty items, and there is no risk involved.

Getting TRICK will 99% of the time gain you pain and possibly death. It is not impossible to gain a nice item this way (as multiple people can testify to), but it is VERY RARE, which is how it was intended to be. There is also a limit of ONE item from the TRICK part per account, and anyone found trying to make more trial accounts to get around this is considered unacceptable and violaters will be dealt with as per Trevor's prior post.

I would also like to point out that skills/stats/luckiness have NOTHING to do with whether you succeed in getting a nice item from the TRICK part, so a Level 2 person with Unlucky Trait has just as much chance of success as a Level 80 with Lucky Trait. These are far better odds than the treasure system gives.

There is also now a Level limit of 2 to get in. Due to throwaway characters being used, Level 1 characters are no longer granted access to the Tunnels.

I am sorry to those of you feel this is unfair, but it is necessary to keep rare items rare.

EDIT: I changed my post because the actual ratio is 99%, not 99.9%.

Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Announcements From The Staff » The Tunnels, or Why Are All My Cool Things Gone?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: