FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Alchemy Script
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Alchemy & Poisons » Alchemy Script
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject:

I always use 50. Easier to keep track if you always use the same number.

Edit: But, if you were making potions specifically for errands, you might want to use just 1 quantity.

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject:

Man.

Bless you people who can write a decent script and even more so those that are so involved but where the hell do you people find the patience!

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
ArmanthisAmon
Gap Chasm Master

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject:

I did try to use that script, and had what was needed to make a Tincture of Vigor. The only thing that happened though was the flask was grabbed from my flask pack.

I'm currently in the process of making a refining script that's geared toward given potions. It may take a couple days to finish, but I'll have the first version posted as soon as the Rift potion section is done.

As Always,

Your Friendly Neighborhood Forager
 Back to top »
ArmanthisAmon
Gap Chasm Master

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Just a quick question. I'm going to give it a try anyways, but is there anyway to give a variable a certain value that can stay with the script till that particular script is complete?

As Always,

Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject:

ArmanthisAmon wrote:
Just a quick question. I'm going to give it a try anyways, but is there anyway to give a variable a certain value that can stay with the script till that particular script is complete?

Assuming you're using the wizard, there are 2 ways you can do this.

Code:
counter set 1

This will set the variable %c to 1. You can then add, subtract, or print out the current value.

Code:
counter add 3
counter subtract 10
echo Counter equals %c

This will print out Counter equals -6 in your Wizard.

One of the more useful things is to put %c in goto statements.

Code:
goto test%c

If the counter is currently 4, this will go to the label test4 in your script.

If you need to store text, you can use save.

Code:
save "This text is stored"

You can reference this with %s.

Code:
counter set 1
counter add 3
counter subtract 10
save "Counter equals %c"
echo %s

This will also print out Counter equals -6.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject:

ArmanthisAmon wrote:
I did try to use that script, and had what was needed to make a Tincture of Vigor. The only thing that happened though was the flask was grabbed from my flask pack.

I'm currently in the process of making a refining script that's geared toward given potions. It may take a couple days to finish, but I'll have the first version posted as soon as the Rift potion section is done.

As Always,

Did you try to use my modified one? I use it when mixing potions and have yet to have it fail on anything (36th level Medic - 108 Alchemy).

Dzynna Zol
The Retreat
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ArmanthisAmon
Gap Chasm Master

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Thanks so much for the help with that code... it should help tremendously in keeping the overall script smaller.

As for the mixing script, I tried the one that I believe was revised, but only attempted to make a Tincture of Vigor with it. I did have possession of all three refined items (sirolei infusion, dedlas oil, and imfel crystals) refined from full bundles, in an open pouch, but the script just stalled after the flask was grabbed. It didn't stop though - just said [Script]> and the cursor stayed there. I've yet to actually look at why it did that. I'll give it another try though when I get my things refined later tonight.

I think the first thing I'll do is just put the code in for the refining of each foraged/refineable item and put the actual potion-specific refining later on. Discovered it's gonna take some real work to get it all put in at the end, y'know? *grin*

As Always,

Back to top »
ArmanthisAmon
Gap Chasm Master

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject:

the blue fairy wrote:
Man.

Bless you people who can write a decent script and even more so those that are so involved but where the hell do you people find the patience!

For everyone else, it's most likely for entirely different reasons.... but at least for me, it's for having a total lack of a social life, y'know? heh.

If you can look at a few scripts and grasp enough of an understanding right away, there's no problem in getting decent scripts made. But in the end, it all comes with practice more than simple knowledge.

Or.. as that old saying goes.... "Good things come to those who wait." Smile

As Always,

Back to top »
ArmanthisAmon
Gap Chasm Master

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Okay, I know I'm posting probably way too much on this particular thread.. heh. But I do have one more question.

I have the concept of using both saved text and numeral increments in my script, but is there a way to add code to state if I use, let's say, the drying pouch - could whatever the text saved is set to determine what portion of the text I'd go to next?

With Sirolei ivy, I'd dry, then crush, then boil.
But with Tandrum weed, I'd just dry and crush.

To put the question more simply, could I save "sirolei ivy" and use that as a variable in something like an IF THEN function to put the sirolei ivy on the stove, while the "tandrum weed" saved text would just aim the code to have the tandrum powder be put in my alchemist's bag?

As Always,

Back to top »
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject:

ArmanthisAmon wrote:
As for the mixing script, I tried the one that I believe was revised, but only attempted to make a Tincture of Vigor with it. I did have possession of all three refined items (sirolei infusion, dedlas oil, and imfel crystals) refined from full bundles, in an open pouch, but the script just stalled after the flask was grabbed. It didn't stop though - just said [Script]> and the cursor stayed there. I've yet to actually look at why it did that. I'll give it another try though when I get my things refined later tonight.

The most up to date one was the one posted on the Trackers of Haelrahv Yahoo! site (link under my name) in the Files section, It was far too large to post on the boards here. I make Tincture of Vigor all the time with the updated one and it never has stalled there. Not with the ingredients in Riwa's bodybag, in a box, laying on the floor, sitting on a table, or any other various locations.

If you were using the older one William posted here, it isn't set up to handle flask packs, which would explain the stalling. It had nothing to match to.

Dzynna Zol
The Retreat
 Back to top »
ArmanthisAmon
Gap Chasm Master

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject:

So THAT was the issue.. LOL. A'ight. Now that I know.

Thanks for the update.

As Always,

Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject:

Just to defend myself, I made that script way before flask packs were made available. So it's not like I completely overlooked them.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
ArmanthisAmon
Gap Chasm Master

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject:

I figured that you put in the script some time ago. S'cool, man. I've just started to go more indepth of the foraging and alchemy aspects of the game (being that I started playing over a year ago... it does make me kinda slow on the uptake.. heh)

I also just bought my first flask pack probably a week ago. My attempts prior were just from buying flasks individually. Most of which did fail, but that was because I didn't pay close enough attention to the reagents I used (thankfully I wasn't blown to pieces all over the green lab back then.. LOL)

Despite the current inability to use flask packs on that script, you did do a hell of a job writing the script down. I'm not certain how many of us have the time and desire combined to put into making something like that.

As Always,

Back to top »
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
Just to defend myself, I made that script way before flask packs were made available. So it's not like I completely overlooked them.

--William

Oh, I wasn't trying to come across as if your script was bad. I'm sorry if it seemed that way. I know flask packs came out after you wrote it. Was just trying to explain to him why the script stalled.

Dzynna Zol
The Retreat
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Despite the current inability to use flask packs on that script, you did do a hell of a job writing the script down. I'm not certain how many of us have the time and desire combined to put into making something like that.

Honestly, I just wanted to best Dante. And I was bored, so it all worked out in the end.

Quote:
Oh, I wasn't trying to come across as if your script was bad. I'm sorry if it seemed that way. I know flask packs came out after you wrote it. Was just trying to explain to him why the script stalled.

And I didn't mean to imply that I thought you were taking a jab at me. I was just interjecting... because, as we all know, I have to say something in every thread or I'll explode.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Alchemy & Poisons » Alchemy Script
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: